• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

EWI Multitrack Cover of 'Forest' from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Hey everyone,

I'm a musician who occasionally makes covers of music from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras on the EWI (Electronic Wind Instrument). I just finished a recording of the Forest (or Lost Woods) theme from A Link to the Past, and I'd love for you to have a listen and tell me what you think. If you're into this sort of thing, I've got a few others on my channel and I'm making more whenever I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIixkaQNC1c&hd=1

Comments and feedback are always appreciated!

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Wow! That's totally awesome! I've never been able to figure out how people make those kinds of videos, like with different screens, different recordings of yourself, playing different parts of the song. How do you time it all! :P But really really good job, man

Wow! That's totally awesome! I've never been able to figure out how people make those kinds of videos, like with different screens, different recordings of yourself, playing different parts of the song. How do you time it all! :P But really really good job, man

The audio for this is just a stereo line in (same as an electric guitar, for instance), so I put together a click-track in Audacity (freeware audio editing program) and layer the tracks in there. I record the video as the tracks are recorded, and combine those in MAGIX video editor, using picture-in-picture edits for the splitscreens.

Thanks heaps for watching!

Fig

The Altruist
This is a really nice cover you made! I for one really enjoyed the effort and time that was put into your music! Probably the best part about this cover is just how close it sounds compared to the what we hear in the Lost Woods in A Link to the Past! Keep up the great and amazing talent Soundole!

This is a really nice cover you made! I for one really enjoyed the effort and time that was put into your music! Probably the best part about this cover is just how close it sounds compared to the what we hear in the Lost Woods in A Link to the Past! Keep up the great and amazing talent Soundole!

Thanks so much! I tried to keep it as accurate as was practical. More recordings will be coming soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom