• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ever given a game a second chance?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I guess usually if I decided I didn't like a game, I just sort of leave it like that and not bother with it again and give it away or something
there's gotta be a specific kind of reason for me to return to again

JetPunx-R

I can smell you
Yes. the game I gave a second chance would be Devil May Cry 4. I remember trading one of the racing car games to a friend for DMC4. I was excited till I kept dying on Devil Hunter mode(normal). I said screw it, traded it off at a swapmeet, a year later I decided to give it another shot and next thing ya know, its one of my favorite games gameplay wise.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
A lot of times when I play a game, and get to a particular section that either scared me or was too difficult, I would stop playing. Most of the time I revisit the game a couple months/years later, and get past that certain part. Games I have done this with include Halo: CE (for any of you that have played it, you probably could guess which level I had trouble with), Super Mario Galaxy, Super Metroid, Twilight Princess, and a lot more.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I mean, I've raged out of a game and given it another try a few months later (ALttP), but I never really stopped playing a game because I didn't like it.

Ninja

Well well well
The first game I played on PS2, Onimusha: Warlords.

I found it difficult at first and kept dying in the water trap, so I gave up on it, but revisited a few weeks later. I refused to use a guide for it and was able to nail it on my third try.

It would become one of my favorite video game series and I really hope we get a HD remaster of it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yeah, I've given many games 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th chances too.

Morrowind - "It gets good after the first few hours!!!" never played more than three or four hours in. Same with Oblivion.

Bioshock - Very nearly got to the end after trying and failing to play past the first few levels for years before I figured I'd seen and done everything and lost interest.

Final Fantasy XII - I always knew this was a good game that Squeenix bungled up the royal wazoo. Fortunately years later they finally had the decency to grace us ignorant round eyes with the International Zodiac version and suddenly it's playable!!

Metroid Prime - Yes, I know. That Metroid Prime. Never could get far in. Kept trying. Kept losing interest. Played all 3 Prime games quite a bit recently before losing interest again. What is the deal with me and a series that by all rights should be my dream games?

Aion - MMORPG. Introduced to it by an old acquaintance (who turned out to be a total d-bag). Played it with him a bit. Lost interest. Returned to it later on my own. Played for a while then lost interest. A couple of years later went back. Played for a few months then promptly lost interest. It's the grind. This game's full of it.

Guild Wars 2 - After months of playing finally lost interest. Only recently started getting the faintest hankering to return and not even because of the lame upcoming expansion. I might... someday soon perhaps.

Monster Hunter

I have tried so hard with this series. There is something about it that i like but that something is definitely not playing it.

Over the years i've played

-ps2 demo
-freedom unite 2
-ultimate 3
-tri
-ultimate 4
-generations

Ive officially given up. Ive tried enough times and no matter which console theyre on or how many improvements Capcom make i just cant mesh with it.

However i'm perfectly fine with MH clones such as Toukiden and God Eater. They are way more enjoyable for me.

Sorry @Azure Sage

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom