• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enter The Gungeon

What do you like?

• A gun that shoots fast?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Items that can get you resources?

• Items that increase your guns?

• Items that give you blanks stuff?

• Money?

• Blanks?

• Total voters

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
So I've been playing enter the gungeon. It has been a rather fun game for me. So I was curious if anyone here plays it. Likes to watch it. Has any opinion at all about it. There will probably be a few spoilers in this thread. Like items, how to unlock a few things and general chit chat of floors and the bosses.

I got a neat combo of angry bullets and the light gun. Making that last shot of the light gun which is a duck constantly bounce off and chase after enemies and bosses. With enough spam you can have a flock of ducks just destroy a boss so fast. Those ducks were angry and out for blood.

Also the wings of Icarus make the fifth floor boss a bit of a joke. I was able to fly behind him. Stay around his head and shoot him safely. He did have one defense and that was to shoot a wave of bullets you have to dodge roll through or blank to not get hit. So staying by his head was the safest bet. So using the jet pack won't work well.

So yeah. Share experiences, ask questions, state you favorite guns and items, tell about some combos that work well and even ask about stuff to widen your knowledge of the gungeon without the use of a wiki if you don't want a wiki.

@SpiteChaotic
This is better than Binding of Isaac how?

Serious question as I (sort of) like the concept of these types of games but the Binding of Isaac I really didn't like that game. If this game is better I just might try it.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
@SpiteChaotic
This is better than Binding of Isaac how?

Serious question as I (sort of) like the concept of these types of games but the Binding of Isaac I really didn't like that game. If this game is better I just might try it.

It is similar to Binding of Isaac in that it is a rogue like dungeon explorer. Though there are a lot of things I like over it. Instead of a stat spread each gun has their own way of working. So you are going to have ones you like and ones you don't. The ability to switch between guns so even if you pick one you don't like up. You aren't forced to use it. You can just carry it till you hopefully find a muncher or a sell creeper. Though with that you do have limited ammo on all but the starter gun. So you need to be strategic with it that I like.

You also have two options of avoiding getting hit. Option one the dodge roll. For a brief moment you lunge forward and become invulnerable. Allowing you to dodge through waves of bullets to get to a safe area. Option two the blank. A fun little usable item that will destroy all bullets on screen and in a good area. It will also push back the regular enemies so you can get some breathing space. So for those times that the bullets become so sporadic that it is impossible to dodge you still have a way to not take a hit.

Also the characters and dialogue is just amazing. The description on the items and guns can be hilarious. I love all the puns. The secrets are fun to go and find. The small plot there is and story is interesting. The fact the tutorial is actually useful to do not only to learn the game but being optional is great. Though you will want to go do it for reasons.

It has a lot of fun things and room variety is amazing. Both in design, how the enemies spawn in them and just the floors look so good. It isn't just a lot of squares like Isaac. Though if you are interested I do suggest finding some game footage of how it plays. If interested but not sold maybe wait for a steam sale on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom