• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Elixir discussion + Aoununa Quote

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
“So there's definitely different types of medicine...For example, as you saw there's elixirs to make you walk faster, and there's an elixir that will nullify any sound you make. There's all these different effects, there's many different effects that will help you accomplish your goal. There's many great different types of that...If you're going to a cold area...if you drink the right type of elixir you can go there half-naked and you'll be fine.” - Eiji Aonuma

It definitely seems that Link is going on the druggies path just like that Mario. Link of course has been using various substances in the past but this title is going to take it to a whole new level. And of course he will be manufacturing as well. Bet this game still doesn't get a mature rating though.

The most important and exciting elixir we have seen so far of course is the cold resistance elixir, allowing the player to take link shirtless wherever they would like to go. But it just makes me wonder what other elixirs there will be out there to concoct.

Are you excited to see what other elixirs are out there and are there any you think you would like to see?

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Well he's technically 116, so he can handle a elixir or two. I just don't see the appeal of shirtless Link:confused:? In my opinion, I think it's unfair that the ladies get all the fan service:dry:. Give us a shirtless Hylia or something.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm really excited about the existence of all these elixirs in general. I love the cooking mechanic and I'm excited to throw everything I can in a pot and see what it makes. I hope we get to keep a list of recipes somewhere. All these new effects and statuses are going to make this game a LOT of fun.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm really excited about the existence of all these elixirs in general. I love the cooking mechanic and I'm excited to throw everything I can in a pot and see what it makes. I hope we get to keep a list of recipes somewhere. All these new effects and statuses are going to make this game a LOT of fun.
Certain combinations make 'dubious food' I think that one is similar to the nasty soup that Coro makes in TP.

Maybe there is a merchant who sells recipe books in the game so you can learn the best combinations.

Will Link have to learn recipes to make the elixirs and food? Or can he just make them anytime provided he has the right ingredients to do so.
Or will it be World of Warcraft style where you learn more recipes based on cooking and elixir making skill?

So many questions.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Will Link have to learn recipes to make the elixirs and food? Or can he just make them anytime provided he has the right ingredients to do so.
Or will it be World of Warcraft style where you learn more recipes based on cooking and elixir making skill?

So many questions.
You don't have to know the recipes. In one of the demos the player was adding random ingredients together and making different recipes from them. Kind of a trial and error thing but it would be nice if there were recipe books to help with more complex combinations if the player wants a particular result.

You don't have to know the recipes. In one of the demos the player was adding random ingredients together and making different recipes from them. Kind of a trial and error thing but it would be nice if there were recipe books to help with more complex combinations if the player wants a particular result.
If you learned a recipe when randomly petting together ingredients, that would be cool. Learned in this case would just be have the recipe jotted down the first time you make it so you have a list of recipes, that'd help a lot as it seems there will be a lot to remember in this game.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If you learned a recipe when randomly petting together ingredients, that would be cool. Learned in this case would just be have the recipe jotted down the first time you make it so you have a list of recipes, that'd help a lot as it seems there will be a lot to remember in this game.

Yeah so if 4 chilli peppers make a 4 star cold elixir then you'd have that recipe to look at for the future.

Also what would be useful is if guay dung and bokoblin horn make dubious food then that would also be stored so you know not to use that combo again.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
There'll be one for temporary health, one for damage resistance, one for cold resistance, extra stamina, increased flurry rush duration, movement speed, restore item durability and of course the guardian potion which will make you shoot beams out of your face like a guardian. Pew pew.

Meh, I dunno. Personally, this type of mechanic doesn't do a whole lot for me. It carries the risk of devolving into a tedious chore to deal with, and it's so old hat as far as the gaming world is concerned that if you put it on your head it would tell you what House you're in.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Meh, I dunno. Personally, this type of mechanic doesn't do a whole lot for me. It carries the risk of devolving into a tedious chore to deal with, and it's so old hat as far as the gaming world is concerned that if you put it on your head it would tell you what House you're in.
There are multiple ways to approach things though. It may be you don't have to cook up elixirs if you don't want to. For instance the cold elixir can be substituted with a warm jacket.

There are multiple ways to approach things though. It may be you don't have to cook up elixirs if you don't want to. For instance the cold elixir can be substituted with a warm jacket.
We don't know if you'll have to enter the cold areas before you get this cold weather jacket. . . so the cold weather elixirs might be needed in the game. Or some other way of not freezing in the snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom