• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Eiji Aonuma

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
Got it. Okay. I would crawl in a corner and die a painful death.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
frankly, I'd be intrigued
not been a fan of his direction for the zelda series lately and I have to imagine he has some responsibility for why we haven't seen WW & TP on switch when they could've been there ages ago, plus his outlook on story and linearity in zelda rubbed me the wrong way, can't help but think that him being removed might be an opportunity for zelda to be reigned back a bit

mikey also makes a good point

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Do it. I'm of the mind that all the old fogies still cluttering up development should be nudged into retirement. I'd love to see Zelda move on without corporate and managerial mandates saying it has to adhere to a particular gameplay and narrative formula.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I would be ecstatic. He has proven multiple times over that he has no idea why Zelda was so great to begin with.

Why he had such a sudden shift a decade ago, I’m not sure, but he’s directly responsible for the awful state the series has been in this generation, as well as ruining MM3D.

Of course, the most likely outcome would be that the next person just continues making awful games so any joy would be short lived, but it would at least be a slight shift in direction.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd be really sad. I think his game design knowledge is second-to-none and his expansion of the Zelda fanbase is really admirable. I obviously like the past two games, but I think he's done well evolving the series.

I do want a new director. I'd want to get Koizumi back so we could have better stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom