• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Eiji Aonuma Never Finish Legend of Zelda for the Ambassador System

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I am sorry if this does not belong here or a thread about this but anyway according to article I read here's the link http://www.1up.com/news/zelda-director-producer-eiji-aonuma-never-finished-legend-zelda well according to Eiji, he had never finished the First Zelda game, I was kinda mad about this because I am soon to be getting mine and getting the original Legend of Zelda, this is what the article said

Zelda Director/Producer Eiji Aonuma Never Finished The First Legend of Zelda
"I almost feel like there's still no game more difficult than it."
By Chris Pereira, 09/08/2011

If you've ever tried to play The Legend of Zelda -- maybe that free copy you got as a 3DS Ambassador -- and found yourself frustrated, you're not alone. Eiji Aonuma, who has led the Zelda series as a director and producer since the N64 installments, has never completed it himself.
"I've never actually finished it," he admitted to Game Informer when asked for his thoughts on the franchise's first game. And it's because of its difficulty, something that has hurt his enjoyment of games in the past. When 1UP profiled Aonuma in 2007, he was asked about how he once said he isn't interested in Mario games. He responded, "I'm just not good at them, that's why! I always fall!"

Explaining exactly what's stopped him from finishing Zelda, he said, "I almost feel like there's still no game more difficult than it. Every time I try to play it I end up getting 'Game Over' a few too many times and giving up partway through. Certainly after playing the original Zelda for the first time, I didn't ever think that I wanted to make a game like that."

So while the original Zelda -- which is 25 years old as of this year -- didn't really hook the man who would go on to greatly influence the franchise, it was the game that came out five years later, A Link to the Past, that did. According to him, it was the "sense of exploration of the world" that really grabbed his interest.

It's surprising to hear that he's still never played through the original for himself, given his prominent role -- he directed Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. He was a producer on both Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, and has assumed the same role again for the upcoming Skyward Sword.
Did anyone notice this when they got their 3DS and got the original Zelda?

I already knew because I read the news from time to time and I was shocked. The man behind the scenes of the 3D zelda, never finished the first one? I got to level 6 in a few days, but he never finished? I think it may have been due to the extremely high difficulty of it and Zelda 2. If you think of it, if you can't beat a video game made by the company you work for, its gotta' be a tough game. But seriously, how many easy 8-bit or 16-bit games are out there? And by Ambassador, do you mean NES?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree with windwaker101, there aren't a great deal of 'easy' 8/16 bit games. LoZ and AoL are two particularly hard games that I can name right off the bat. I'm not even surprised that Aonuma never finished LoZ, that game can really make you depressed by the time you get to like level 5...

The Legend of Zelda

I am sorry if this does not belong here or a thread about this but anyway according to article I read here's the link http://www.1up.com/news/zelda-director-producer-eiji-aonuma-never-finished-legend-zelda well according to Eiji, he had never finished the First Zelda game, I was kinda mad about this because I am soon to be getting mine and getting the original Legend of Zelda, this is what the article said

Did anyone notice this when they got their 3DS and got the original Zelda?

The game is difficult, especially the second quest. Why did you site the 1UP and not Zelda Dungeon article on this topic? Proof that virtually no one on the forums reads the site's news posts.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
The game is difficult, especially the second quest. Why did you site the 1UP and not Zelda Dungeon article on this topic? Proof that virtually no one on the forums reads the site's news posts.
I didn't see at first but know I see it ^^

geek4887

The Unknown
I really can't blame him. It's already hard enough surviving the challenging overworld. The dungeons are also challenging(very), let alone try finding the dungeons themselves! And then in the end, it's even harder to try to discover every single secret in the game. This game is the hardest to navigate as well, due to the sucky map they give you(I understand that it was a NES game). I'm not really that surprised that the game devs haven't finished the game they made themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom