• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art (Drawing) Link and Epona - Geared Up

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
COLORED Link and Epona - Geared Up

EDIT: I colored the sketch due to another night of boredom and insomnia. I'm terrible with backgrounds and landscapes, so yeah, let's say they're traveling in some sort of abstract, blank dimension o_O

adventurercolored.jpg

adventurercopy.jpg

So. Many. Straps.

I don't know why I like drawing Link as Mr. Serious all the time... I also don't know why I decided to put a cape on him :B But I do know from the look on his face that the map he's holding is proving to be a formidable staring contest opponent. O ya, and I butchered Epona but cutting her off at every wrong angle, woot :D Ten points if you call out the reference to the original LOZ concept Link.

Also viewable in better quality at ZD album and my DevArt, as always

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
Love this HP! Must say, you are great at drawing,keep up the awesome work. And for some reason I'm digging the serious face:lol:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I saw this on DA. Link's serious-face is delightful. It's gotta be annoying to be the Chosen Hero sometimes. Was playing around in TP last night and he does make faces like that, these "Let's just get this over and get out of here!" faces.

Link: Where is it now? Stupid crudely-drawn crumbling ancient map... probably obselete by now. Midna, why aren't you helping me? Stop staring at my butt from the shadows and be useful for once!

Epona: *Whinny*

I really like Epona's eye in this. Getting a horse's eye right is really special. I get to see horses almost every day, so I know this.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Thanks everyone! :3

Shadsie, it's true, Epona's eye was a little tricky, but I'm glad it turned out well. I was thinking what you might have to say as I was drawing this.. I was like, "Oh, Shadsie knows horses head to toe... I wonder if she'll tear apart Epona's anatomy" haha, nice captions too.

EDIT again: gawd, I wish I could rename the thread title with "colored" in it now... I'm actually kind of like the colored one better than sketch for once in my life...

Last edited:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Oo, I like seeing the comparison. Really like Epona's coloring...and is that an empty bottle on Link's belt? Nice touch. *g*

Btw, can you not rename the thread if you "go advanced", or will it not give you permission?

Tak

Game Over
I prefer your serious faced Link to the contemporary smily happy Link. It shows that every hero gets annoyed at some point. Link can't always smile.

Wonderful work :)

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Heh, almost forgot to check this thread..

Oo, I like seeing the comparison. Really like Epona's coloring...and is that an empty bottle on Link's belt? Nice touch. *g*

Huzzah! Ten internet points for you, Feb! Yup, the empty circular bottle is a reference to the original LOZ concept art, where Link was shown walking while carrying all of his items on his back and strapped around his outfit. I always loved that concept... Take that, hammerspace!

Btw, can you not rename the thread if you "go advanced", or will it not give you permission?

Sadly no, You can put a new title in, but the title will only change when you're viewing the thread, above the first post...

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
That's a very good drawing. I really like it. You did a very good job with it.

E

Emera

Awesome drawing! I really like how you colored this and how Epona's cropped out a bit. It looks really good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom