• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Does Skyward Sword Surpass Ocarina of Time?

Do you think SS is better than OoT?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• They're about the same.

• Total voters

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I think this question is personal. People seem to forget OoT is classical and created in a time when the technique was less advanced as it is today. SS has more to explore and way more things to do and the graphics are better and the game is better in general but OoT will always keep that classic feeling

I think that I have to go with Skyward Sword for right now, but that is subject to change (I haven't even gotten into the Earth Temple yet). One of the reasons for me is that Skyward Sword feels like a breath of fresh air for the series, while OoT for me is over-hyped by this point. I've beaten Ocarina of Time 3 or 4 times by now, so it doesn't have as much of a hold on me at this point. Another thing is the difficulty. I could probably beat at least a few of the dungeons in Ocarina of Time in my sleep. Meanwhile, I actually had to turn off my Wii and pray that I hadn't saved during the Skyview Temple, because I had done a certain thing too early and thought that I had made the dungeon unbeatable. One more thing that I enjoy is having the collectible bugs and spoils that you can use to customize your items. Customization in OoT basically boiled down to getting upgrades to your quiver and bomb bags. The fact that you can upgrade potions, shields, and everything else (again, there might be more but I'm not very far into the game), along with actually choosing what items you're going to put into your adventure pouch as opposed to automatically having absolutely everything you've gotten in the game to that point into your bag, actually adds strategy to the game that OoT didn't have.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In the end, your adventure pouch will ideally boil down to two certain items that do a certain thing, the best shield in the game and more often than not a few bottles. Not much different than the Equipment subscreen of OoT, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom