• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does anybody else find the Zelda cartoon to be really funny?

I actually quite enjoy the Zelda cartoon. I find it really funny, often not intentionally so. Like Link complaining about getting to live in a castle, rather than be homeless and sleeping in mud, or the first action scene is the show being a pillow fight against moblins, Link lassoing an octorok, the knight who hates getting dirty and Zelda introducing Link as "Stink" to him. And of course, the Evil Jar. Anybody else remember funny moments?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
It was so dang campy that I found it hard to think most of it was funny. I love watching it but only for the lore. Our human nature says that we can bring ourselves up by pushing others down so when an obvious joke is made in the cartoon, a natural reaction is to intentionally NOT laugh because, well you know, people are hipsters. Try watching Star Wars: Droids, similarly cheesy but still a cartoon that I love watching.

I watched it as a kid when it originally aired. Loved it, along with the Mario cartoon, in a nonironic way. Good fun for kids.

Aku

I actually used to really enjoy it when I was younger, I own the entire boxed set
Same here. Shame it got canceled when 'Super Mario Brothers Supershow' got canceled, the animation was starting to get better and it might have gotten into it's groove like He-Man and Transformers eventually did.

In fact, I consider it my definitive Zelda canon, with LoZ and TAoL. (Captain N and the Valiant Comics are Honorable Mentions.)
It sounds strange, but I like the idea of Ganon born as a boar/boar-man better then being a human that gets turned into a pig. It's closer to the Japanese folk tale the devs based him off of, I think. ;)

DO THE MARIOO!

Man, I always liked those show. They make me laugh! I wasn't around when they came out, but I saw them for the first time in my teens and have liked them ever since. Campy fun doesn't bother me, and even if I switch from "I straight up just like this" and "it's so bad I like it," I still like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom