• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Doctor Who: The Doctor's Similarities To God

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I've been a Doctor Who fan for years and I've noticed some similarities between The Doctor and God. He has many faces and personalities, he seems to live forever, he is both very kind and very tough, and he gives everyone a chance to change.

I think the one moment that I got to truely see this was these last moments in an episode from years ago:

[video=youtube;CnAIMmfuJEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnAIMmfuJEo[/video]

[video=youtube;zgpPCKzw2mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgpPCKzw2mw&feature=relmfu[/video]

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
OH yes!!! But there was also that [part in Voyage of the Damned when the hosts (angels) grab his arms and he flies with them. There were a lot of negative comments on that but sometimes in the show you really wonder who the Doctor actually is

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Exactly! And there's references all throughout the show, David Tennant
sacrefices himself to save a human
and more.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
True and so did Davidson for his companion in his final episode. But there are more things. He knows all what is going to happen. he sees it everyday. BUT there is more.
In Fires of Pompeii the Doctor has to make a choice. Or Pompeii or the whole Earth. This was a choice only he could make and no other living being could.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The first article was so great! Yeah why not? I mean look at him how he acted against the Master. The Master knew he was going to say he would forgive him and he couldn't stand that. The Doctor held him in his arms when the Master refused to regenerate. And then there was also the Satan's pit in which he met the Devil. He was not afraid and defeated him. How much more symbols do you need?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
He had to kill his entire race. He was left no other option. In season 2 he even met the Devil. And in The Planet of the Ood he told Donna about this. Whether or not the Doctor is an Atheist never has been said. At least not in the episodes I have watched so far. Hanyou you really should give it a try. It is a pretty good show and there are many hints that makes you wonder if the Doctor is actually God

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom