• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you want Zelda Switch to have a theme?

Zelda games don't usually have a specific theme, but they often fall into a dull genericism with their world's and stories.

So, would you like Zelda Switch to have more of a theme to it, be it aesthetic or narrative in nature?

Would you like a Zelda that has a more tense world to it with more of a suspense/horror-vibe to it after another apocalypse?

Would you like the narrative to be more focussed on a theme, perhaps duty to cultural belief or way of life?

Or is Zelda fine the way it is with not being too detailed about much or catering to just one major aspect?

Last edited:

Ninja

Well well well
Feudal Japan theme was be amazing, but the closest thing we will get to that is the way Ganondorf is in Hyrule Warriors.

Overall I don't mind the lack of themes too much. If they focus too much on one thing, all of the game elements will suffer.

Take Breath of the Wild, we got a massive emphasis on being open world and Link being "roughed out in the wild", however the story suffered.

I'd rather the next Zelda game be good at everything, than be great at one time and subpar at others.

Feudal Japan theme was be amazing, but the closest thing we will get to that is the way Ganondorf is in Hyrule Warriors.

Overall I don't mind the lack of themes too much. If they focus too much on one thing, all of the game elements will suffer.

Take Breath of the Wild, we got a massive emphasis on being open world and Link being "roughed out in the wild", however the story suffered.

I'd rather the next Zelda game be good at everything, than be great at one time and subpar at others.

1mifRVU.jpg

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd rather they focus on a strong narrative. The game doesn't have to have a certain theme to it. OOT managed to incorporate many themes into itself. It had light-hearted parts and parts that were horrifying and nothing felt out of place. That is what I want to see again.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I would like a game with a good mix of everything, like PoT and TP. A dark theme like in TP would be great, and so would a desperate or dreary theme like from MM.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Most Zelda games have at least one theme, of the ones that do some are stronger then others. Some have a dual world theme Ex. AlttP, OoT and the first half of TP. Some have one or more game mechanics that change much of how the game is played, Ex the masks and 3day-Cycle in MM, the sailing in WW introduced Transportation Overworlds, Shrinking in MC. Some games have a power or energy which has its own visual style and pervades the game world and story Ex. Twilight energy in TP or the Ancient Sheikah Tech in BotW.
Each Game is thematically very different from the one released right before it. Just look at the 3D console games and you will see this. I expect that the next 3D Zelda for the switch will play quite similarly to BotW but will have many design choices and story elements that contrast with what we see in BotW. We may see another game that centers around sailing. I don't personally want to see this for the next game but if it is going to contrast BotW, a return to the sea would do that. If they do return to a terrestrial overworld like BotW then I don't know what they will do to contrast it. But in general having a relatively smaller, denser world, with a more structured (not necessarily more linear) story line would both contrast BotW and I think be the next logical step in the evolution of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom