• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you use public or private transport?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Ideally, I want to use public transport. But it's completely dog**** here with the exception of metro. Buses and trains here are horrible.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Public transport where I live is a joke. There's no subway, taxi service barely is there, and there's not enough bus drivers.

Everyone drives where I live. It's the only reliable way to get anywhere.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I drive car everywhere, but I'd be all in on public transport if I lived in a city. My brief time staying in Washington DC showed me how viable life without a car can be.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Sometimes I use the bus when my bike is out of commission, or just for the sake of it because it's fun. I only recently realized I could do this, but biking to the bus stop and then taking the bike on the bus feels like using a teleportation glitch. Looking forward to getting my car fixed so I dont have to bike 12 miles a day though.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I did use a bus the other day because i wanted to drink a large amount of gin but generally I prefer to drive which I tend to find relaxing.

I can't bear to use the train service here after experiencing the Japanese train system. Ours is crap and needs a complete overhaul.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I did use a bus the other day because i wanted to drink a large amount of gin but generally I prefer to drive which I tend to find relaxing.

I can't bear to use the train service here after experiencing the Japanese train system. Ours is crap and needs a complete overhaul.
Aren't there dedicated staff to push you inside in Japan?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Aren't there dedicated staff to push you inside in Japan?
This only really happens in peak hour in the most congested parts of the major cities but most of the time it isn't that bad outside of that.

Since returning home to Sydney from living in Tokyo I haven't owned a car because I don't really need to here either. People like to complain but generally the public transport here is pretty good. Since I live close to a train station, mostly work from home, and have an office near to a station for the occasional case where I do need to go to the office, I really don't need to own one.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've never really used public transit before. One time I tried to use a college sponsored shuttle to go from one campus to another, but when I asked the driver if we were going to [campus] he said yes, and then took me to a completely different campus instead. So yeah. That was the last time I tried to do anything of the sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom