• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you use mods in some of the games you play?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I tend to download some from Nexus for some of the games I own, so yes I do. In my own opinion, some make the games better, and some add extra content.

Mostly I use ones I find funny, some are kind of helpful. Kinda late to PC gaming in general so it’s been really interesting.

I tend to still play through vanilla at least once before doing anything. When they rereleased mgs3 hd I had to download a mod just to get it, you know…in hd. That was one exception, and I ended up refunding anyway because it’s a bit ridiculous for Konami not to do the bare minimum with a port. I guess the only other exceptions have been the RE2 and 3 remakes which I doubt I’ll ever bother beating legitimately. More about seeing how I can break the games and do some exploration and experimenting with cheats, and model swapping is always fun.

Mgsv has a ton that make the game more interesting, and Nier Automata has a lot of fun ones. Replicant is slowly getting there. Senran Kagura has had a bunch but seems sometimes Nexus is a bit arbitrary when it comes to how prudish they are. Unfortunately a lot of my other games don’t seem to be that popular, or maybe just a lot harder to make mods for.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Surprisingly, I've never used any mods except Wiimmfii for playing Mario Kart Wii online. Dunno if it's still alive

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Quite a few. Recently, I've been playing a lightly modded Baldur's Gate 3. The most recent 30 GB (!) patch broke some of the cosmetic mods that added new hairstyles and the like, but compensated by incorporating a change made by a popular fan mod that allowed for a companion previously locked to an evil playthrough to be recruited by a good character.

The only time I really download mods is for Minecraft, I have thought of using some for Terraria, but haven't really checked out the modding scene there yet.
But other than those games, no.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I haven't played many games on PC, but I did mod Morrowind. I downloaded a few mods from nexus. One was a patch kit mod that fixed a glitch I triggered in the game. I downloaded a house mod that would give me a house I could buy in Balmora. I also wanted to try a fast travel mod just to see how it worked.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Does addons count? They're not really mods, cause they don't change anything, they just add little QOL things to the game
If it changes something even in the slightest, then I would say in my frank opinion yes.

I used lots of mods just to make my Skyrim experience better, that's when I learned of them. I also used them in other games, such as Battle Brothers and other games I uninstalled just to make room for newer ones.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I prefer using mods. I usually like sticking with quality of life and bugfixing. For new content, it has to be very high quality and lore-friendly. Graphics it really depends. I don't go overboard in graphics mods.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've never really bothered with mods before, though I've never been much of a PC gamer anyway. If I did use mods it would probably just be for aesthetical purposes. I'm of the opinion that if the game is so broken that it needs mods to be fun, it's not a game worth playing. I don't want to do the developer's job for them.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I only really use mods for when I play Kerbal Space Program. I used to go pretty mod crazy when I played Garry's Mod, I even switched my in-game protagonist from the stock Dr. Isaac Kleiner to Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but that was before Apple decided to throw a wrench into my plans and make 32-bit applications incompatible with the latest versions of macOS. :fpalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom