• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think These "dragons" (Eldin and Faron) Will Have a Important Role on SS?

I'm not making an assumption. I'm saying it doesn't make sense to call the second guy Eldin because there is no evidence that he is Eldin. He's one of the desert people and he's riding a chair with Farore's symbol. The only thing Eldin about him is that he's at Eldin Volcano.

I didn't say the guy stole the chair. He likely borrowed it. There is a screenshot of Faron without his chair.

I don't see why you guys are jumping on me for more evidence-based speculation when the OP stated "I mean, they almost look the same, their names are the names of the areas..." when Faron is a huge dragon and the second guy is a regular-looking member of the 5th tribe.

Evidence for him being Eldin
He's in Eldin Volcano

Evidence against him being Eldin
He's a member of a tribe from a different region (the desert)
He's riding a chair with a symbol for a different region (Faron)
Faron is a dragon that looks nothing like one of the tribes while this guy is a member of one of the tribes

I mean you could even assume he's Lanayru because he's from the 3rd region. All of the evidence doesn't add up for him being Eldin.

As for assuming that Farore's symbol just applies to all 3 regions for no reason:
View attachment 18877View attachment 18878

Everything in the forest section has Farore's symbol on it. Eldin's region stuff has Din's symbol on it.

Well see... that's where the speculation is coming in and the confusion. Why is Farore's symbol in the Eldin province? I'm not saying anything about who's who, I'm just curious and inquisitive as to why a symbol for Faron is in Eldin when it probably shouldn't be... It's an interesting idea and is one of those that will need to be played in order to be explained, cause I have no idea and I'm not about to start spewing out speculative theories when all I have are a few pictures to go off of.

I'm not making an assumption. I'm saying it doesn't make sense to call the second guy Eldin because there is no evidence that he is Eldin. He's one of the desert people and he's riding a chair with Farore's symbol. The only thing Eldin about him is that he's at Eldin Volcano.

I didn't say the guy stole the chair. He likely borrowed it. There is a screenshot of Faron without his chair.

I don't see why you guys are jumping on me for more evidence-based speculation when the OP stated "I mean, they almost look the same, their names are the names of the areas..." when Faron is a huge dragon and the second guy is a regular-looking member of the 5th tribe.

He's in Eldin Volcano

Faron is a dragon that looks nothing like one of the tribes while this guy is a member of one of the tribes

I mean you could even assume he's Lanayru because he's from the 3rd region. All of the evidence doesn't add up for him being Eldin.

As for assuming that Farore's symbol just applies to all 3 regions for no reason:

Everything in the forest section has Farore's symbol on it. Eldin's region stuff has Din's symbol on it.

Okey, you convinced me partly. It is indeed unlikely that two different dragons all have the same symbol on them (exept maybe they all have all three symbols on them).
But how do you know that it is a member of the desert tribe. It could also be the head of the dragon. Perhaps all three (?) dragons have whole different heads.

A

ArgoX

Okey, you convinced me partly. It is indeed unlikely that two different dragons all have the same symbol on them (exept maybe they all have all three symbols on them).
But how do you know that it is a member of the desert tribe. It could also be the head of the dragon. Perhaps all three (?) dragons have whole different heads.

Here, I compiled all images of the desert tribe:
5thrace2.jpg

It's one of these guys driving the chair. His hands are holding on to the sides of the chair conected to his body by energy beams. One of them also drives the boat for Link. The only weird thing about the one in Faron's chair is that he has a propeller on his hat. Notice that the statues of this tribe have the same thing going on with the eyes where the left one has a pupil while the right one is smaller and has no pupil.

Also, notice how their hats have that orange and blue triangle pattern? That pattern also shows up on that boat, the big ship in the desert, the gust bellow, the desert dungeon, and the ziplines. These guys seem to be some kind of techno race.

They're pretty small guys. That's almost his whole body in the Eldin Volcano screen.

He's in Eldin Volcano

Let's just say we will not figure it out until we play the game ;D

Here, I compiled all images of the desert tribe:
View attachment 18883

It's one of these guys driving the chair. His hands are holding on to the sides of the chair conected to his body by energy beams. One of them also drives the boat for Link. The only weird thing about the one in Faron's chair is that he has a propeller on his hat. Notice that the statues of this tribe have the same thing going on with the eyes where the left one has a pupil while the right one is smaller and has no pupil.

Also, notice how their hats have that orange and blue triangle pattern? That pattern also shows up on that boat, the big ship in the desert, the gust bellow, the desert dungeon, and the ziplines. These guys seem to be some kind of techno race.

They're pretty small guys. That's almost his whole body in the Eldin Volcano screen.

I see the resemblance, but perhaps the Dragon just resembles these guys.
How could a dude from the desert obtain the vehicle from a Guardian Dragon that is at Lake Floria? They're not even in the same Province.

A

ArgoX

I see the resemblance, but perhaps the Dragon just resembles these guys.
How could a dude from the desert obtain the vehicle from a Guardian Dragon that is at Lake Floria? They're not even in the same Province.
It's not just a resemblance, he/she IS one of the desert tribe people. Everything about it matches up with the statues, the boat driver, and the intro. The chair flies and people besides Link can travel between regions; see forest Goron and Zelda running from region to region with her Sheikah pal.

I used an app on my phone to try to translate the text on that page. Best I could get was something about "help you carry things and large things" and "also traverses the volcano again given mission" and "flying roo". Best guess I can come up with is that he's a friend of Faron who was sent on a mission to help Link when he returns to the volcano. Link has 12 hearts, so this is probably after the first part of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
It seems that Link will need to speak to them before moving on to the Water or Earth Temples. They probably bear the keys to opening them, so I'd say they're imperative in advancing to the subsequent stage.
i'll give you the fact that you probably have to speak with the water dragon (his name is faron?) before ancient cistern. but the dragon in the eldin volcano province can't be met before the earth temple, or else can't hold the keys to open the dungeon(key is dug up with mogma mitts). in the picture on the japanese website with the 'fire' dragon link has 12 hearts and a bow. but in every earth temple video/screenshot, link has 7 and doesn't have the bow. so i think you may have to revisit eldin volcano to meet the new dragon dude

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom