• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Ganondorf is Naive?

L

link-of-hyrule

I don't think Ganondorf is naive. Not at all. I think Ganondorf is arrogant. I think that everytime Link beats him, he somehow thinks that Link got lucky, and that next time he wont be so lucky and that he can finally win. Think about it, we all know how concieted Ganondorf is. He values the Triforce of Power over the other pieces and he certainly thinks that he is superior to either Link or Zelda, and it has to be said that he is right in Zelda's case. If Link wasn't around, she could never defeat him.

Also, I agree with Shadsie. I'd say it is very likely that there are some 'broken Links' one who failed. All this would do would be to add to Ganondorf's confidence, making his head swell even more. Which means it is no suprise that he underestimates Link and over-estimates himself.

i completely agree, not to mention that ganon can't be destroyed untill the Tri-force of power is taken from him ( i believe) so he's got plenty of time. like in the end of WW the master sword turns ganon to stone (which sets up a king arthur-ish scenario) but doesn't destroy him. also it shows that after OOT ganon is linked to the master sword, in WW the pulling of the sword gives ganon his full power, and now (hypothetically) if the hero pulls out the sword he unleashes ganon.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
One could argue that arrogance is a form of naivety. Its standard villain hat that they typically underestimate their opponent, which is why the really good ones try to off the hero while he or she is still weaning on milk.

...doesn't always work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom