• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you tell people you like Zelda games often?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
As a kid, yes I did. But as I grew into a teenager and lost interest, I never did tell many. Besides, none of my friends liked Zelda and in fact hated it. But as an adult who's gotten into it again, I still keep it to myself unless I happen to meet someone who's into it as well or I happen to be at a con or something like that.

I consider myself a closet geek.

ILU

i luv u
Late to this thread, but anyway:

I make it known that I'm obsessed. I figure they're going to find out anyway. But I do notice that many other fans keep it to themselves, even at conventions or things like Video Games Live.

It's like people are afraid??? I have this Link beanie that I wear, and I was on a crowded bus... Nobody said a word. Then the girl's phone next to me goes "HEY! Listen!" and I'm like "Navi!!!" and she grinned. Then the guys behind me started taking about Link vs Dark Link and stuff and I sat there wondering if people are just too.... nervous? Like they don't want to be the first to bring up Zelda?

Or maybe it's really just due to people like me who are disgustingly obsessed with Zelda that make them keep quiet. I saw a guy with a Zelda hat and I fangirled and he gave me a nasty look.... so... yeah, I guess if people like me exhibit over-excitement then maybe other fans just don't want to associate/be associated with it?? :/

HeroOfHyrule64

The "Not Tingle" Map Seller
My friends pretty much know I like the series. I have a bunch of drawings of Zelda charaters that I showed them. We sometimes get into conversations about the series and debate about theories. Also, I get a lot of people commenting about the series to me when I wear shirts. They say they love the shirts.

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
I show it very much. I wear zelda shirts often, I use a zelda wallet, I make zelda references that most people don't understand, and sometimes I bring my ocarina (replica of the ocarina of time) to school and play it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom