• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you shoot or hunt?

Sheik

:the:
I've heard so many arguments about whether or not hunting for sport is morally correct. "Hunting for sport is essential to the population control of wildlife!" "If a species is overpopulated, you could just capture, neuter, and release the animals instead of shooting them!" I myself have never been able to find my own place in these debates. I can see both sides, really.

However, even if hunting for sports were to be deemed morally correct by whatever instance, I still would never do it. I don't kill anything unless I need to. I have a lot of friends irl who go hunting very often, and they'd probably laugh at me if I told them that, but I just don't.

So, um, I've been to a few shooting ranges before and it's cool, yeah. I personally think archery is more fun, but that's just me.

My friend has a nice little personal range-like area where we target practice, I think we use a .22?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm a fan of shooting quite a bit (looking to possibly start my own collection after college just to shoot at a range). I don't personally own any guns but I have shot a .22 bolt action, a couple of semi-automatic and pump action 12 and 20 gauge shotguns, and a .50 caliber black powder rifle. Of all of them, I've had the most fun shooting the black powder rifle because of record I set with it on the range I used it on. I got a 29/30 by shooting a hole in the 10 and 9, followed by breaking the paper between the two holes to get the 29 and making my grouping a tight cluster.

I've never hunted before, and I really don't plan to. I see a lot of people complaining about hunting for sport being wrong, though I disagree to a degree. I have no problems with it if you use the animal for food or sell it to someone who will use it, and you use the fur and mount the head. I think that you need to use most if not all the body. Otherwise, though, more power to you as long as you're not hunting illegally.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If I had the time I would hunt all my own food. The food we hunt is as free range and fresh as it comes, the wild animals are free to roam where they please so they will have led a good a life as they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom