• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Listen to Your Own Music While Gaming?

I play nearly every game with a custom soundtrack off my ipod, RPG's are the rare exception as i like there music but everything else gets a blast of Scandal TVBS and Stereopony(pikalove)

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I have never played a game while listening to other music that is not from the game. I think it would be kind of distracting.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
The only game I really do this with is Skyrim, because that game terrifies me beyond belief and when I have the Magikarp Song on in the background it helps a little bit. ...But not much. Because unfortunately, I'm ALSO too afraid to turn OFF the volume completely, in case something sneaks up behind me and I don't hear it, so I can still hear the lovely sounds of enemies in the other room while my heart is pounding and I'm struggling to gather courage to go in. (Aggggh, Draugrs... I don't even know why I play that game... I'm such a wimp! This is why I should stick with Zelda. XD)

It really depends on the game. If I am playing a game I've played a lot before or beaten before I listen to my own music. Also when I play online I usually play my own music. But if I play a new game I enjoy the soundtrack first and then if I do a second play through down the road I usually turn the music down.

It depends on the soundtrack of a game. If it's Zelda, or Final Fantasy, or SotC or something... then I just enjoy the amazing tracks already in the game. Now, if it's something with a lame soundtrack (which is the case with very little of the games I actually play) then I will often plug my ipod into its deck and play something else.

skullkid

The Rising Legend
I listen to music while I play games as long as I've already finished what I'm playing. That way I don't miss anything important. The music that I listen to is usually other game ost's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom