• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you like your name?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
At this point I figure that my "name" is whatever I decide it will be. To pizza chains that I frequent, I'm Mike or Bob. To WingStop, I'm J Swerve (literally, not even memeing you rn). To Buffalo Wild Wings, I'm Amy. Like, I just don't give a care anymore. I stopped using my real name on everything except legal docs.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
My first name is Isaiah, which I like, but what drives me crazy is that almost EVERYONE, at least 90% of people, misspells the name. I mean, it's not that uncommon of a name, and I know it's not as common as some others, but I've known a few Isaiah's throughout my life. I mean, my own friends misspell my name, frequently. Either people leave out the first a, which makes Isiah, or the second a, which makes Isaih, or they completely leave out the i, and put a z in the place of s, or something crazy like that. I don't know why, but it really bothers me.

My first name is Isaiah, which I like, but what drives me crazy is that almost EVERYONE, at least 90% of people, misspells the name. I mean, it's not that uncommon of a name, and I know it's not as common as some others, but I've known a few Isaiah's throughout my life. I mean, my own friends misspell my name, frequently. Either people leave out the first a, which makes Isiah, or the second a, which makes Isaih, or they completely leave out the i, and put a z in the place of s, or something crazy like that. I don't know why, but it really bothers me.

I feel ya, no one ever spells Philipp correctly (with two P and one L!), because the other spelling is apparently more common, even though I think mine is much better.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My middle name's nice enough, very average and my last name's just my last name. No real opinion on it either way. I'm not too keen on my first name. I've grown into it and it's what I respond to. But yeah, I got teased for it in school, which affected my relationship to it, and it's not really internationally friendly. People outside of Norway really struggle saying it, so I tend to rely on nicknames a lot whenever I'm with my convention friends. I was named for my great grandmother, and I actually heard she hated her own name, so lol.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
It's alright I guess. My first name's fine, my middle name is pretty meh, and my last name is okay even if people did call me "Sullivan" in HS to piss me off.

I have a total of five names and I'm alright with all of them. When I was younger I didn't like my first and third name much at all, but I've grown to like them today.
That's still so odd why did you end up with three middle names?
I feel like I asked you before and forgot whoopsie

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Have you ever considered that your parents misspelled the name and everyone else is right?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Have you ever considered that your parents misspelled the name and everyone else is right?
:goodness:

Seriously though, I'm certain you spell the name like Isaiah, because any other Isaiah I have ever met has the same spelling for their name. I'm not sure why people misspell it.

Reactions: Dio
I kind of wish I was given a more feminine or gender neutral name, but my name's still cool so I don't really dislike it. I don't usually care much for my middle and last name but :gshrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom