• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do you like the title? Can you come up with a better one?

"Breath of the Wild?

• Woo!

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Ugh

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

Feverish

Source of stink
I don't like the title because it doesn't refer to the story of the game, like Deus said. I can't think of a better title, though, because we haven't seen the actual story. I can only think of ones most people wouldn't enjoy, like The Legend of Zelda: Revival of Hyrule

I don't like the title because it doesn't refer to the story of the game, like Deus said. I can't think of a better title, though, because we haven't seen the actual story. I can only think of ones most people wouldn't enjoy, like The Legend of Zelda: Revival of Hyrule
I'm not to keen on the name either, since I'm not really sure if in the game it has something to do with some kind of "magic breath". To many the titles refers to the wilderness and the vastness of the area.. but I may be incorrect.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I actually really like it. It's unique and different from the usual. The boundary-breaking game should have a title that's also breaking from the norm, and I think they couldn't have picked a better one. I know I couldn't; granted we don't have enough knowledge about the game to say that for certain at this point, but still. It's very fitting for a wilderness adventure in vast nature.

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
I actually misread the title at first... and thought the games name was ''breath of the wind''
assuming that something like the plague, or even calamity ganon would come up with contaminated winds brought up by villains... surviviors of the other timeline wanting to make hyrule into a realm of darkness..... LOL
I wasnt all that hyped about the name when it came out, But Im more or less okay with it now. it does overall match the game afterall~

I love the title! At first it didn't sound right when your say it. But after seeing the demo plays. The title is totally fitting! Now let's hope the new Nintendo system name is fitting this time around!

I voted ugh. I don't truly feel UGH! But I don't feel WOO either. I feel more like, really? That's it? I don't know why, it's not like The Breath of the Wild is terrible or anything... I just feel like it could've been a bit more epic sounding. When i hear "A Link to the Past" or "Twilight Princess" heck even "Four Swords Adventures" I think heck yeah! Lets go kick some Ganon butt!! But when i hear Breath of the Wild... Eh, it doesnt seem to flow too well. I'm like, yay.. Lets go take some deep breaths in this open Wild. So yeah haha that's how I feel. I'm not overjoyed and I'm not mad either. Just a little disappointed, that's all.

Tibari

Rinkuji
"The Legend Of Zelda: Set Fire On Everything (and beat Calamity Ganon or something)"
I'm totally okay with Breath of the Wild in my head it sounds nice, and related to the game context. The picture when I'm thinking of the name, is the first image of the game we saw when Nintendo first announced Zelda U.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I was always a fan of "Tome of Illusion" but now that we know what that 'tome' is, it doesn't make much sense.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Breath of the Wild has grown on me. It struck me as odd at first but I like it once the reasoning was explained.

However if I were to rename it would be
The Legend of Zelda: Crap! I Really Overslept (Where's Mom?)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I was always a fan of "Tome of Illusion" but now that we know what that 'tome' is, it doesn't make much sense.

"Tome of Illusion" sounds pretty cool. It reminds me more of a traditional Zelda title. But like you said, knowing more about the 'tome', it doesn't work too well.

I don't care for "Breath of the Wild" too much, but it might grow on me. I was really underwhelmed when I first heard it. Though without knowing much about the story, it's hard to think of any better titles.

Tibari

Rinkuji
It could have been "The Legend of Zelda: The Sheikah Slate" too, if they kept focusing on one main object. (The "Tome of Illusion" idea but with the informations we now have :p )

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I get why they named it "Breath of the Wild." They're trying to get across the openness of it all. It's a huge game, and most of it will take place in the wilderness, so Breath of the Wild makes sense. Link's gonna travel alone and in solitude, and something about the title gets that across to me.

Frankly I would have preferred their original plan to call it Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic, but I think BoTW works too, considering the wilderness is the main mechanic of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom