• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you have a cut off for owning too much games?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I typically try to keep a full shelf, and once that space has been used up then I'll downsize a bit to make room for more.

The cycle never ends...

Basically what I can realistically store in my room without having to impede being able to walk around. Steam certainly helps in that regard. However I’ve tried to cut back a little bit more for my spending habits than anything else.

The dream for me is just being able to get my own place, at least my own apartment one day with a dedicated gaming room. Seems like a pipe dream at this point in my life unfortunately.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don’t think I have a particular number at which point I’d stop and I don’t like selling my old games. I think this may become something of an issue if I decide to move overseas again since I can’t take up space in my parent’s place forever - but that’s a problem to overcome when we get to it.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I've been making small dents in my backlog the past few years. Meaning 5-6 games per year. I need to pick up the pace because I buy more than that per year so my backlog is actually growing despite me trying to decrease it. I think with whatever console I buy next I'll limit my purchases to only games I know I actually want to play on day 1 so that I can finally start to clear out my backlog. It's that backlog that bothers me more than owning any certain number of games.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Since I like to collect and display things a growing game collection sounds like a positive for me, hah. Having a game shelf sounds awesome.

If I ran out of space with physical games I'd just store em in a place for safekeeping and display the newer games. Doesn't really sound like a issue for me at all.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I haven't ever really given it much thought, so I guess I haven't hit that point. I'm very good about not buying games unless I actually intend to play them right away, so I don't really get backlogged or overwhelmed. I guess the cutoff for me would be if a backlog would start to form.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
To be honest, I really don't. Unless my memory on my system won't be able to support anymore games, I usually don't bother having a limit. Usually I only play games that I really have fun playing. And I'm not that picky about the games I play. With the exception of no FPS's, except Metroid Prime and Minecraft if you can call it one. I have a lot of games that I love playing. And sometimes you'll see me jumping game to game multiple times in a single hour. So, yeah, I really don't have a limit.

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA F#FF# DB EF#E *If you know, you know
I need to accumulate every single Zelda game ever, and only then will I rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom