• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do All LoZ Games (besides MM and PH) Take Place in or Around Hyrule?

I'm not sure if I should include LA because
that was a dream.
Is that even a spoiler at this point?

What about all the other LoZ games? WW took place above Hyrule. Do they all take place in or near Hyrule, because if not then I'd like to see a world map of where all the different LoZ games took place. Is there a world map like that (that doesn't include games that took place in a different world/universe/whatever)?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Oracle Games also are outside of Hyrule, but I can't recall any others that take place in another location.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The only two maps linked and even then not well is OOT and TP. The others are harder it appears the world suffers dramatic changes from segments of the world moving away to distant locations such as death mountain and zoras domain, the destruction of the world by darkness or the rebuilt world from the ruins of darkness' clutches.

Also ST didn't take place in Hyrule or rather Old Hyrule it takes place in New Hyrule, SS takes place in SkyLoft, Faron Woods Death Mountain and Lanaryu desert but it is not conclusively called Hyrule in game.

Fig

The Altruist
Link's Awakening took place in Koholit Island and while it was a dream, the game still didn't take place in the land of Hyrule. Wind Waker, while technically has its Hyrule flooded, for the majority of its game takes place across The Great Sea. While Spirit Tracks takes place within Hyrule, it isn't the Hyrule that is known in other previous games, but a new Hyrule founded by Link and Tetra at the end of Phantom Hourglass. Skyward Sword takes place on Skyloft and The Surface and during a time where Hyrule has not existed at that point in time.
Wand of Gamelon does not take place in Hyrule. Not sure about the other CD-i games.

I think he was referring to canon Zelda titles. I don't think the Philips CD-I games count as Zelda games, especially when Aonuma flat out stated that he doesn't believe that such games don't belong/fit to Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom