• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Nintendo really need to release this game?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Look at the first 10 full games in the series: LOZ, AOL, ALTTP, LA, OOT, MM, OOA, OOS, FS, TWW. 8 widely acclaimed highly influential titles and only 2 duds. Since then, the series has gotten inconsistent (some really good, and some not so good) and none of the later Zelda games had the same kind of impact.

I feel like TFH only worsened the problem by adding another Zelda game that's merely decent, but not up to par with many of the others. For many people, this is going to be their first Zelda game and their first impression of the series. Seeing as how both of the Four Swords games were some of the least acclaimed games in the series, I'm surprised they would try this idea a 3rd time.

I just cannot understand why someone with such a strong intellectual property full of classics would settle for releasing a 6/10 game just to hold fans over for a year. And one that - unlike the classic Zelda games - will obsolete in 5 years once the online is shut down.

They should have taken an extra year and developed this into a massive full game, or should have spent their resources into making something that's really special.

I disagree. Developing it into a massive full game, i.e. a single player one? I'm not really sure what else they could have developed the game into. Beside a lack of some crucial features that drag the experience down, I don't think the game is lacking in content.

You seem to be disappointed in the direction the game went, and that's fine, don't play it then. But saying it should have been made into something entirely different is just wrong in my eyes. To me it sounds like you basically wanted another ALBW and were then disappointed when it wasn't. TFH is fine for what it is. If you're not interested in what it is that's fine too. If you are and just don't like the execution, that's alright aswell.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Well technically they dont have to make any game they do it for the fans and to introduce more people to the series (and money of course) im starting to get really annyoed at people ratting on this game its a great game if you sont like it dont play it and stop complaining but dont ruin it for the rest of us

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It should never have been made. Now is not the climate for a silly title, though actually putting it in the timeline is even worse. Many Zelda fans actually care about the lore and Nintendo is just pissing on them doing something like this.

We need strong entries in the series as Zelda is currently lacking in those and the number of medicocre and poor entries outnumber the good ones.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
It should never have been made. Now is not the climate for a silly title, though actually putting it in the timeline is even worse. Many Zelda fans actually care about the lore and Nintendo is just pissing on them doing something like this.

We need strong entries in the series as Zelda is currently lacking in those and the number of medicocre and poor entries outnumber the good ones.
I direct you to my post above yours

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I don't care for the direction this title went. I don't like the crossdressing, though, having grown up on Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo it isn't that bad, I just really don't want a fem Link and I feel like this might lead to it, I don't like the non-explained multiple Links, and I do not like the story or the excuse of a single player mode.

However, it's nintendo decision on what they make and what they release, and in all honestly, I don't see this game effecting the series as a whole, so it's not the end of the world that it was released, even if I would have preferred that it wasn't.

Tobi

Some dork
Honestly, I can't really think of any concept more awesome than being able to play a co-op Zelda game. When we look at what they started with for co-op Zelda games, they started with 4S, a game that was multiplayer exclusive. You don't always have a friend on you, so you want to be able to play it alone too.

That's what 4SA did. It was good as single player, though I have no experience with multiplayer because I don't own a gamecube -> gameboy cable, and I have trouble finding one.

Now they've introduced a new handheld co-op Zelda game, and added a little town to hang out and buy stuff (your rupees have a use, for one) along with new outfits to improve items. Unfortunately, playing it single player can be frustrating and sometimes is just unplayable. Not only that, but you have the option to play with strangers if you can't play with friends or need an extra dude in your 2-player team. It's basically a combination of both multiplayer games, only they didn't execute everything as well. 4SA was excellent as singleplayer.

To be honest, the only reason I can understand any hate for this game is that they worked on this instead of another Zelda game. Tbh, it's Nintendo's decision to release what they want, and you should be happy with what you get. Don't like it? Don't get it.

I'm honestly gonna lose my marbles if they release a AoL-inspired sidescroller Zelda game. It would be hilarious.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Ya know, I just really wish they would have come up with some kind of idea other than a billion Link clones running around, like maybe Link gets split or hell maybe have the player not even play as Link. I really don't think Link needs to be customizable, or changed to a woman, but I really feel like this game could have been a lot better if the player had his or her own hero, so I really feel like they should have introduced a new nonLink character to customize and play as.

It wouldn't have fixed all of my grievances with the game, but it could have been a lot more, intuitive, or whatever.

D

Deleted member 14134

No this game did not need to be made and should not of been made. Good to see Nintendo wasting resources on mediocre cash grab spin-offs like this. Just like Hyrule Warriors I wont play it simply because it has the word Zelda in the title.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
No this game did not need to be made and should not of been made. Good to see Nintendo wasting resources on mediocre cash grab spin-offs like this. Just like Hyrule Warriors I wont play it simply because it has the word Zelda in the title.
This is not a spin off i dont know why people are saying that

D

Deleted member 81859

Same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom