• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DGN Writing Competition Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The second round of the DGN Writing Competition is upon us! With kids trick-or-treating and haunted houses just around the corner, I'm hoping everyone can create a story around the tradition.

In other words, the theme for this round is:

Halloween
Max 1,500 words

When you feel your entry is well written and edited, you can submit it to me via PM by Saturday, November 1st, 2014 at 11 PM EST (GMT -4).

If you have any questions about the competition, please consult this thread, post below, or PM me. Thank you.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I'm gonna try my best to write something...time isn't a thing I have much of these days lol

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Halloween? I have so many things to say about/on Halloween :P. I'll try to enter this time!

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Oh good! I haven't written anything properly horror themed in a while. I do have a small question: How loose can we be with the theme? Halloween is not really celebrated where I live so I'm not too familiar with it outside of TV and film...so, I guess what I'm really asking is if the theme has to be perfectly foregrounded or if it can be a backdrop to the rest of the story?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Oh good! I haven't written anything properly horror themed in a while. I do have a small question: How loose can we be with the theme? Halloween is not really celebrated where I live so I'm not too familiar with it outside of TV and film...so, I guess what I'm really asking is if the theme has to be perfectly foregrounded or if it can be a backdrop to the rest of the story?

Good question. I'm glad you asked.

The theme can be a backdrop to the rest of the story. As long as it's referenced in some way, shape, or form, you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom