• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Developer Says...

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Put yourself in the shoes of the dev team and tell us what they were thinking as they built a Zelda game! I'll start us off.

Dev 1: "We've got to subvert expectations or the transformation masks will just feel like gimmicks."

Dev 2: "Uh... How about the Deku can fly?"

Dev 1: "Ah, because plants are normally anchored to the ground."

Dev 2: "Yeah! And the tanky Goron can also move super fast, nobody expects that! And fish characters are vulnerable to electric attacks-"

Dev 1: "That's video games 101!"

Dev 2: "No, he kills enemies with electricity."

Dev 1: "Oooo, I like that! ...what about the Hylian Link? He's a cute, little, unintimidating child. How are you going to torture childrens dreams with that?"

Dev 2: "Got ya covered. There's this statue-making song, see..."

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Developer says:
Dev 1: I got a great idea! Let's make a story about a Hero saving the world by defeating the Villain and saving a Princess along the way
Dev 2: That sounds great! Maybe we need to make a whole franchise about that
Dev 3: What are we going to call the Hero?
Dev 2: what about Link? You know, a link between the player and main character
Dev 1: Sounds cool! And I think the villain could be called Ganondorf. You know, canon if he's going to become a recurring character. But we can call him Ganonto make it less obvious. And Dorf instead of dog.
Dev 3: Sounds cool! And what about the princess?
Dev 1: We can call her Zelda because ...well... her being saved by Link is well done. You see? Well done...Zelda! Rhyms a bit you know
Dev 2: Doesn't make sense to me but I like the name.
Dev 1: She isn't the main character anyway. Only a princess to be saved every once in a while. Or maybe twice in a while. Or maybe more often. You know what? Forget it. She'll get kidnapped all the time. Not that important. It's all about the Hero. After all he's the only playable character
Dev 2: True to that
Dev 3: I couldn't agree more
Dev 1: So anybody got a name for the franchise?
Dev 2 and 3: The legend of Zelda!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom