• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death Sword & Stallord Theories

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Death sword is a prisoner in the Arbiters Grounds. Not sure about Stallord... I mean, I know he's a prisoner too, and a giant beast. But nothing else.:S

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Death Sword and the Four Poes strike me as the arbiters, with DS acting as executioner, when he died he came back as a melevolent spirit who murdered everyone so those who remain manage to bind his spirit to blade then use talismans of sealing (those little scraps of paper with the writing on them) the ropes are used as a physical anchor to keep the blade on the ground, the four poes were the judges who when died could not relinquish their hold on the power and use a greedy man's sould as their own, they had and returned from the grave to continue to kill those who were condemned, the Redead knights are i believe the Goalers (Arbiter's Ground seems to be a giant jail), or personal protector's of the Poe's ( we don't see any other poe come back as these four did. The Stalfos seem to be Jailers as well they are armed for war so maybe POW from ancient conflict. Stallord seems draconic to me so it only makes sense that those sentenced to a excruciating death were thrown into the pit that is Stallord's lair, being a creature of magic it reanimates the bones of the dead to serve as protectors. I think Stallord has always been a dead dragon though as evidenced by the spinner though that may have been an easier mode of transportation, it is also possible that Stallord acted as Guardian of the Twilight Mirror in life and death and was executed by Death Sword.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I think the death Sword was, in life, an ally of Ganondorf. One who tries to stop the Sages from imprisoning Ganondorf in the Twilight Realm, and is thus locked away. He becomes a ghost because his spirit still lingers there, in not giving up on freeing Ganondorf. The Sages recognized him as their greatest enemy, and so sealed his sword in the ground and bound him with ropes, and also probably some spell that prevents him from using his own power to break his bonds. Only a divine power can free him, and seeing as Link has the master Sword, that would work.
What meaning could the room who he is have in a Prision/gallow? Hmmm . . . I think that this use of words is just mean to convey death, and, in that, permanence. That the prisoners that were kept here were those who were eternally imprisoned, who will stay lock until they die and beyond.
What are the 4 poes? You didn't expect them to put no protection on the Mirror of Twilight, did you? I think that's all they are, guardians.
Could the 7 sages have lived in there? I don't think so. I think the Mirror Chamber acts as something of the Chamber of Sages in OoT; a meeting place.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I think the death Sword was, in life, an ally of Ganondorf. One who tries to stop the Sages from imprisoning Ganondorf in the Twilight Realm, and is thus locked away. He becomes a ghost because his spirit still lingers there, in not giving up on freeing Ganondorf. The Sages recognized him as their greatest enemy, and so sealed his sword in the ground and bound him with ropes, and also probably some spell that prevents him from using his own power to break his bonds. Only a divine power can free him, and seeing as Link has the master Sword, that would work.

I'd like to further contribute to this part of your theory. Upon defeating the Death Sword, his swords bursts into dark matter whereas the rest of the entity transforms into flies exiting through the roof of the Arbiter's Grounds. Considering the apparent connection to Ganondorf, perhaps the Death Sword was an executioner or "arbiter" within the building of the same name but wreaked his havoc across the desert, explaining the lack of the Gerudo in Twilight Princess.

I personally think stallord is volvagia's fossil. If he could be reincarnated once, why not again? And after all stallord's title is twilit fossil. As for the death sword used by the mini boss... I really don't know.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Has anyone seen the resemblance between Gomess and Death Sword both wield blades which are different from one another each of them also dies in a way unique to them only (Gomess- bats, Death Sword -Flies) also there unique attack patteren each involve some sort of circleing move as well, maybe DS is the reincarnation of Gomess.

Maybe the 4 poes are the "arbiters." They seem to wield authority in the prison. I'm sure Death Sword's owner is the ghost of or a still alive ancient prisoner. As for Stallord, probably just a big monster in need of imprisonment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom