• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [Day 5] Zelda an Orcarana of Time as Remembered by Someone Who Only Played a Little Bit of it Well Over a Decade Ago Mafia

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
SMS tunnels when he's town, he doesn't poke

and yes I said I wanted to see more of him and he didn't deliver that
Interesting because when I played with SMS in bulbagarden he was not tunneling as town and when he was scum over there he was tunneling.
It's situational really, I've tunneled as Town bit the key thing about that is I usually only tunnel in the late game. What makes that a terrible meta read of me though is that as Mafia I have tunneled in the late game too to try forcing a win. So looking for me to tunnel is a bad meta strategy.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Just got home from work. I know there's a couple hours left.

I've never played with Viral so I doubt it's a meta read.

And I mean yeah my content hasn't been as high as it sometimes is but the game also started at a weird time for me. If he's basing being "overtly scummy" on a lackluster contribution then there would be quite a few others I would think he would look at first.
I'd tend to agree at the time of his vote. That said, I also know Viral likes to prod here and there to see what happens, so idk what his goal is exactly.

Hey Listen, as somebody who absolutely doesn't know Mikey I agree with this assessment of the Too Poster Comment. The miller thing, for me, is essentially irrelevant. I understand why people think it would be good to reveal early but I'm not sure it actually has that much game effect. I am comfortable voting him right now though.

Vote: Mikey

To answer your previous question, yes. I won't go into details of it at this point though.
It absolutely does. If he was investigated later and flipped scum, we get into a wifom situation when he claims miller. Generally speaking, with an early claim town can scum hunt and let a vig decide if they're going to shoot the miller.

Hey hey, @Kirino, sorry for the ping. If you had a gun, who do you shoot right now?
I like this line of questioning but dislike the vote without explanation.

Yall worry about meta and crap too much
I have no agenda; I'm town
It's one thing to want to kill the Miller which I can understand, it's kind of expected
But why yall making up lame excuses to put a vote on me or fence sitting
Looks super bad
Unfortunately these statements hold little water when town is trying to scum hunt. Realistically the miller claim won't gain favor because it's seen as scum wifom. That said, I don't think you're scum because of the claim, but the lack of input so far.

While I think the Mikey wagon has credence, I feel killjoy is scummier rn. Maybe lynch one and vigi the other? Do we have a vig?
Why do you find killjoy scummy though? I feel like I've asked this a few times with little response.

As far as the Mikey wagon, why for this one as well? Is it because you dislike the miller claim or dislike his play style so far?

It absolutely does. If he was investigated later and flipped scum, we get into a wifom situation when he claims miller. Generally speaking, with an early claim town can scum hunt and let a vig decide if they're going to shoot the miller.

As far as the Mikey wagon, why for this one as well? Is it because you dislike the miller claim or dislike his play style so far?

Hey, I didn't say no effect, I said not much. If you stay quiet, town and the vig focus on scum hunting. If you get investigated later they are in the same position as if you claimed immediately. Additionally you were clearly in a position of drawing attention to yourself moreso than others to begin with. If you find yourself as a secondary lynch wagon and don't want the cop to waste an investigation you can claim before days end to create the same effect. The only situation where millers are more problematic is LyLo, which is why there is also the philosophy that they should eat death and resolve themselves before they put town into that position, whether by lynch or vig, caught or not.

Listen, for my part in the Mikey wagon I didn't like his top poster comment. It speaks to his being aware of how he normally plays as scum and is taking steps to not play that way. His claiming miller is almost a non factor except that I do expect him to die at some point before LyLo now that he has claimed to be miller.

Kirino re-read;

Viral Maze vote in RVS, which changes to Mikey - in the same posts in which they shut down phase change speculation a bit - due to not liking the claim nor Mikey's dodging the question about it. Fair, I don't like him not answering my questions either.

Thinks Chevy's confusion fits his town meta, doubles down on Mikey maybe doing a gambit and expands on his meta of powerwolfing. Later on says they can't see how Chevy could be flip-flopping like that as meanie, despite not understanding the Minish accusations either. All points I mostly agree with.

Minish's "apparent lack of contributions" is NAI, doesn't like Killjoy's accusation on Chevy flip-floppery, but is hesitant because enough folks are already on the case.

This last part is weirding me out, and is giving me bad vibes. The initial Mikey vote landed on 15377 for whatever unknown reason, which Kirino hasn't suspected as far as I can tell. But it still remains there, less than two hours to EoD, which is somewhat odd.

Kirino is not a big presence in thread - kinda rich coming from me, I know - and if you pair that with the apparent lack of interest in pursuing people to change a vote that's in a place they don't want it to be, it looks sus. Like someone who doesn't care about who ends up dead today.

That's why I made the gun question, wanted to see more of a hard stance.

Bit of a sidenote but, people's thoughts on Kirino;
Killjoy262: Null (#100), then suspicion (#250)
Mikey the Moblin: okay with (#140)
ExLight: want to see more (#141)
Chevywolf30: Town lean (#185)

What are you doing? I iso you and the only time I see you mentioning Kirino was when you asked them if they had a gun right now who would you shoot.

Your post is the answer, I'm testing reactions. Naked, out-of-wagon votes in the last part of a phase normally draw some attention. May move my vote later, depending.

On that front I like your "What are you doing?"; could be read as strong depending on tone. Why that phrasing? Could you share your take on Kirino? You've only pointed out the vote thing in regards to the slot as far as I can tell.

Killjoy's unvote is interesting too - wanna see a bit more before diving into that - while Johnny's answer is a standard, NAI comment.

Unvote

Reki, is there any particular reason that you're voting for Kirino?

Explained above. I believe you suspected Kirino after they shaded you a bit. Is that still the case?

Btw isn't PIK/"Who would you kill?"/etc. a thing here?

Reki...
fry-squint-png.47482

Killjoy...
fry-squint-png.47482

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom