• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Link?

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I, personally, love Dark Link. I wouldn't exactly mind having him as a final boss, since he is the mirror image of Link, but I wouldn't really want the difficulty of the game to be super hard. He was great in Ocarina of Time, but he, in my opinion, was pretty hard to defeat. But, if he was only a regular boss, the chances or Nintendo making up a back story about Dark Link would be slim. (And I really want a back story about him!) If there was another pretty easy way to defeat him, I guess he would be a great villain and add more strokes of darkness (no pun intended) into the game.

But, I'd really highly doubt that Dark Link will be the final boss, since Nintendo is just like that. They will probably create a boss that has something to do with the sky or something... well, either that or Ganny, again. Dark Link will most likely just be a regular boss in Skyward Sword, but once Nintendo figures out Dark Link has potential like no other final boss, I'll bet he'll replace good ol' Ganny;).

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
@TreeHuggerPanda: LOL "Ganny". I concur with Panda. Maybe IF Dark Link is in the game, he'll be a boss or miniboss.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
not during the gameplay no. but the dark king is inside the trident
Are you perhaps thinking of "King of Darkness, ancient demon reborn. The wielder of the trident!!" from the NoA translation? That text has been retranslated by several people fluent in Japanese, and they produced a much different translation.

Original Japanese Text said:
闇の王… 太古から よみがえった 魔の邪器(じゃき)、トライデントを手にした男!!
retranslation 1 said:
King of Darkness... The man who obtained the trident, the evil tool of demons that was revived from ancient times!!
Jumbie's retranslation said:
King of Darkness… The man who took the Trident, the demon's evil device (ja-ki) revived from ancient times!!
MilkJamJuice said:
The King of Darkness... the one who called forth a demonic weapon from ancient times, is the one who holds the Trident!!"
I believe Zelda means that Ganon revived the weapon.

Or perhaps you're referring to "Evil...spirit of magic trident." (or what the maiden says afterward)? Some how, NoA put "spirit" where "tool/weapon/device" should have been. "Born from darkness, the demon's evil device, the trident"

If there's some other text that leads you to believe that there's someone inside the Trident, please quote it.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Dark Link is awesome. That's all there is to it. But he hasn't been seen in any recent games, wait, he was seen in SP, right? I would like to see him in SS, though.

They really should put him in SS. I mean so many people want him back and he's been absent from console games for so long he just needs an appearance. Especially if they really want to show off what the wii motion plus can do. My fingers are crossed.

i think he should re-gain his role as the main villain, like in "The Adventure of Link." He's arguably my favorite villain, but Ganon's right there in the #1 spot, too.

D

DekuScrub

Dark Link would be an awesome boss, especially if he was spearheading a campaign of destruction across Hyrule at Ganondorf's behest. Although... final boss? I find that unlikely. It will probably be Ganondorf, but I'd be happy with Vaati or Dark Link or someone completely new.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
To me, Dark Link was just another mini-boss (except in Super Smash Bros. Brawl) and I think Dark Link was just a one time thing or three time thing (AOL, OOT, and FSA). To have Dark Link in SS wouldn't seem right to me.

I think it would be great to see him again in SS. Even making him a final boss of one of the dungeons would make a great addition to the game. I always love the Dark Link fight in OoT, and would love to see it played out more with better graphics and cooler combat mechanics.

A

Anti-Hero

I think Link should meet DL on several occasions as field rival, but only if he had his own backstory.

i reckon he could be done well,
considering the wii motion plus and what that could bring to fighting him, final boss, no
dungeon boss? why the hell not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom