• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Dark Link Dead in 3 Hits?

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
So I'm attempting a 3 Heart run, and I've made it to the water temple (it's actually getting difficult here too), and I went to fight Dark Link. Obviously, with a smaller amount of mana and only 3 hearts I was frightened, but when I went to fight him I hit once with my sword and twice with Din's Fire and then he died. Did I do something special like hit him in the correct spot? Has anyone else done this before?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, when I was doing my 3 heart run, I already had the Biggoron's Sword and it took only 2 hits (bacause one BGS hit = 2 MS hits). First I was like "WTF? Is that a bug"? too, but then I remembered Dark Link from AoL, who behaved in a similar way. IIRC one hit with your sword against him removes exactly 1 "heart container" from him, and the same vice versa if he hits you, no matter how high your sword and life levels are, so I guess that's some kind of Easter Egg they introduced there.
You could theoretically kill him in a single slash if using a BGS jump/spin attack on him (should do 4 dmg), but since it's almost impossible to land such an attack on him, I think noone has ever succeeded doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom