• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Knight Rises

Garo

Boy Wonder
This is just untrue. The Dark Knight Rises displayed lot's of growth in Bruce Wayne. In the beginning of the film, we saw a broken man who had lost everything. It was til he was faced with the trial of the pit, that he truly grew. Bane taught Batman that he's not nearly as disciplined as he thinks himself to be, and when Bruce made it out of that pit, is when he had finally become ready to take on all odds. His character growth even went as far as letting go of the mantle as Batman while restoring everything he had lost for a greater purpose.

Rises showed development of Batman as a symbol - Wayne had stopped being Batman for 8 years, and had become reclusive. Alfred constantly chided him and attempted to get him back out into the world, but Wayne refused. Why? Because Bruce Wayne had become Batman - they were one and the same, and when Batman had to lay low for those 8 years while the police and the Dent Act slowly shut down crime in the city, Bruce was a man without a purpose. So then Batman is needed again, and he becomes Batman once more. But Batman is fallible because the man behind Batman is fallible. Wayne - at least subconsciously - wanted to die, and thus Batman was ineffective. Hence the bit with the pit. Upon his return to Gotham and his faked death, the Bat Cowl is ultimately passed to Blake - because man is fallible, but Batman as a symbol is not - it can be passed from man to man as necessary.

So Wayne's growth in Rises is certainly present, but its in the service of developing Batman as a symbol. Whereas in Begins, Wayne's growth is his own, because the film has to set up Wayne as a character that will carry the series.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Okay, so I just saw TDKR. Mind = Blown.

Waaaay better than Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. It's definitely my favorite Batman movie and probably my favorite superhero movie. Sorry Avengers...

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Saw this morning.......

HOLY SWEET MOTHER MARY......

It was incredible. Freaking incredible. I didn't realize how tense I was watching it until it ended and I realized my back was sweating a bit :lol:

I thought that it was an amazing end to Nolan's trilogy. While I don't think that it was as good as TDK, it came close to being as good.

I loved this movie, loved it as much as the other Dark Knight movies, probably even more than the others. Also can I just say that Anne Hathaway kind of stole the show? EVERY SINGLE CATWOMAN SCENE was amazing, she really shocked me.

tumblr_m7mtewIMeb1rvf15ho1_500.gif

Last edited:
After seeing The Dark Knight Rises twice I have come to the conclusion that it is not only my favorite comic book movie, but my second favorite movie of all-time, falling just behind The Lion King and barely surpassing Rudy and The Dark Knight. It was an uplifting story of rising from defeat to prevent cataclysm, and those elements were depicted in a very realistic fashion. The movie also had terrific characters, among which my favorites were John Blake and Bane. Bane was a terrific character in that he had both intelligence and brute strength. I was sold on his character from the start when he wittily stated, "Maybe he's wondering why you would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane" in that awesome voice of his and then viciously crashed the plane as he had planned; and from that point on he never came close to disappointment in my eyes. Another one of my favorite lines of his was when Daggett said he was in charge and Bane menacingly stared at him with his hand on Daggett's shoulder and said, "Do you feel in charge?" Furthermore, his incredible ability to test Batman to his breaking point (literally) was fun to watch, especially in the fight scene in Bane's lair. Now, with my fanboy-ing over Bane out of the way, John Blake was also great; I didn't need to have his real name revealed as Robin to detect the immense similarities between the two, and they definitely didn't go unappreciated by me; I especially liked seeing him take charge of the remnants of Gotham's good guys in Batman's five-month wake. And of course, Batman's character was excellent as well. Watching him go from recluse to Batman to the broken bat and back to Batman again was incredible and well-executed throughout the film's plot; him becoming Batman again and rising from the pit was incredibly inspiring, to both me and the people of Gotham. Alfred also shined with a few great monological attempts at convincing Bruce Wayne to move on in his life, and it all paid out at the end when he finally saw Bruce at the café in Florence. Finally, Anne Hathaway's Catwoman was by far the best yet in my opinion, despite having a few scattered cheesy lines; she also had great character progression. That's why I loved The Dark Knight Rises.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I just felt I'd like to add that a Nightwing Movie may very well happen. JOhn Blake's full legal name is Robin John Blake. Nightwing's legal name is Richard John Grayson. I said Richard because **** is censored. Nightwing film > Robin or new Batman film.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I just felt I'd like to add that a Nightwing Movie may very well happen. JOhn Blake's full legal name is Robin John Blake. Nightwing's legal name is Richard John Grayson. I said Richard because **** is censored. Nightwing film > Robin or new Batman film.

I highly doubt it. Christopher Nolan is done with that Batman film universe. If he's not going to do it, then I don't see the point in one. Especially when the guy who you want to be Nightwing isn't even **** Grayson. His name was nothing more than a nod to the character of Robin. It doesn't necessarily make him that character.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I highly doubt it. Christopher Nolan is done with that Batman film universe. If he's not going to do it, then I don't see the point in one. Especially when the guy who you want to be Nightwing isn't even **** Grayson. His name was nothing more than a nod to the character of Robin. It doesn't necessarily make him that character.

True, i misworded that post. Nolan may not be done, and if he is then my dreams of a Justice League film have gone to ****.

**** GRAYSON FTW

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
True, i misworded that post. Nolan may not be done, and if he is then my dreams of a Justice League film have gone to ****.

**** GRAYSON FTW

Oh, a Justice League film will happen. But if they're planning on doing it like the Avengers where they had individual films leading to it, then you can count Christian Bale out of it. We'll have to wait for another Batman reboot. The Man of Steel is a good starting point, but I doubt they'll end up doing it film by film. Plus, The Man of Steel is the last DC film until 2015. So we're gonna have to wait.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Loved the movie.. 2.5 hours went by in a second!!
However had troubles understanding Bane because of the stupid mask, loud AC in the cinema and there were no subtitles -.-

However I think that this film is more suited like a second film villain wise, the Joker was much more personal and really toyed with Batmans loved ones and was a big threat to batman himself. While Bane simply just had lots of big guns and could wipe the city out but didn't pay that much attention to Batman personally as the joker did.

So I think they should've made the trilogy end with Dark Knight and made rises in the second movie, So the ending would be Batman just driving off into the distance with his batpod leaving his mantle for Blake.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I got to see it the other night.

I thought it needed more Batman. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the film, it's just... the villains really steal these things, don't they?

There was also a point at which I turned to my guy and made a "Shadow of the Colossus" joke. If you've played that game and seen this film, you know what scenes prompted this. I kept imagining Bruce with a stamina-meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom