• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Cartoon Shows

Hey who thinks there should be a Tv show based on the nutters of this site. :lol:
Me and Atticus the tornado chaser are pirates, and our enemy is a nut called Dan. :lol:

I'm joking can some one please make a list of dark cartoon shows please. :lol: I want your opinions on them too. :lol:

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I'll give you one. IMO, I always thought Courage the Cowardly Dog was a pretty dark cartoon. It used to be played on Cartoon Network quite frequently, but since then it's been moved to later times and hasn't been shown nearly as much. I always found it a bit scary to watch at times, but of course - like a cartoon - it makes you laugh. :yes:

I'll give you one. IMO, I always thought Courage the Cowardly Dog was a pretty dark cartoon. It used to be played on Cartoon Network quite frequently, but since then it's been moved to later times and hasn't been shown nearly as much. I always found it a bit scary to watch at times, but of course - like a cartoon - it makes you laugh. :yes:

:lol: I can remember that show now, I used to run away from the TV when it aired :lol:
It's so weird. :lol:

Oh yeah I can add Batman the animated series. :lol:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the 2003 series. The first five seasons of this series (which span 116 episodes) were not just great in many ways, but also very dark. Although lighthearted enough for children to enjoy, this show deals with personal hardships, torture, death, murder, and misery. The character of Baxter Stockman is always being tortured and mutilated as an act of punishment for his failures, while still being forced to work for the Shredder, who he despises very much. If that's not dark, then I don't know what is. There are also some pretty intense action scenes which depict the turtles being killed, injured, or impaled. Another thing I really like about this series is how Leonardo's character goes through a deep development after the events of season 3's finale. He becomes a much more darker character due to the punishment his brothers went through when fighting with the Shredder, which he feels responsible for. He begins to show an angrier side while also thirsting for success to the point where he lashes out at his father and is forced to work under a new master. I seriously recommend anyone watch this show if they want to enjoy deep plots, great action, fun characters, and a serious tone.

Below are a list of episodes which I feel are some of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' darkest moments.

Same as it Never Was
I, Monster
Bad Day
Scion of the Shredder
Insane in the Membrane
Adventures in Turtle Sitting

Oh yeah I can add Batman the animated series. :lol:

Yes, Batman The Animated Series is a must. Can't get anymore classic than that.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the 2003 series. The first five seasons of this series (which span 116 episodes) were not just great in many ways, but also very dark. Although lighthearted enough for children to enjoy, this show deals with personal hardships, torture, death, murder, and misery. The character of Baxter Stockman is always being tortured and mutilated as an act of punishment for his failures, while still being forced to work for the Shredder, who he despises very much. If that's not dark, then I don't know what is. There are also some pretty intense action scenes which depict the turtles being killed, injured, or impaled. Another thing I really like about this series is how Leonardo's character goes through a deep development after the events of season 3's finale. He becomes a much more darker character due to the punishment his brothers went through when fighting with the Shredder, which he feels responsible for. He begins to show an angrier side while also thirsting for success to the point where he lashes out at his father and is forced to work under a new master. I seriously recommend anyone watch this show if they want to enjoy deep plots, great action, fun characters, and a serious tone.

Below are a list of episodes which I feel are some of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' darkest moments.

Same as it Never Was
I, Monster
Bad Day
Scion of the Shredder
Insane in the Membrane
Adventures in Turtle Sitting

Yes, Batman The Animated Series is a must. Can't get anymore classic than that.

One of the few cartoon shows to use actual guns and bullets, I love it very much. :lol:
I will look at those turtles soon as well, thank you. :lol:.

Fig

The Altruist
Invader Zim was a very dark cartoon, always aimed for destruction and violence through the views of an alien and his trusty robot. Though the violence and dark themes still surround this unique cartoon series, it is still a pretty good cartoon in general! :) In fact, Invader Zim is only shown from 1:00am-2:00am and 3:00 am on Sunday and Monday mornings (since it's past midnight, it then becomes the following day) on nicktoons. :)

I saw Batman mentioned above but i want to draw attention to one particular Batman special

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker -

This show! How did they get away with it?
For the most part its the traditional broody batman thing, a few fights, colourful enemies and the occasional randomly tied up girl to begin a scene... But later on when things start to heat up and in particular the lengthy flashback scene with the fate of Robin... this scene sticks out to me as one of the most uncomfortable and brutal and downright evil scenes there are, what joker does to Robin is dark, and i mean really really dark, it makes me wonder how they got away it, the themes they play with are so dark... there's that side of things and the fact that there were a couple of alternate death scenes throughout the film that were made in an attempt to tone it all down.
If you're a batman fan and haven't seen this film/special then do it.

AS has been said, courage the cowardly dog, its pretty damn creapy for a cartoon :P

[video=youtube;ZdTymvjRuoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdTymvjRuoc[/video]

Not so much a cartoon series but a bunch of (9 atm) animated videos (ranging from like 1-9 mins long) that is creepy as hell but i cant stop re watching lol

[video=youtube;M3iOROuTuMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3iOROuTuMA[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom