• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cyberpunk 2077

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1606821672830.png

So in spite of three delays, it seems that Cyberpunk 2077 is set to release on December 10th. Though I'm skeptical of publisher produced gameplay trailers and a company unwilling to let previewers show off their gameplay, I'm maintaining a quiet level of enthusiasm for Cyberpunk. Although the stuff we've been shown has been incredibly scripted, it sets itself up as one of the most ambitious RPGs we've yet to experience.

Anyone else excited for this game, or is it just me?

EDIT: After playing the game, I no longer consider it an RPG.

Last edited:
I switched off the moment I saw it was a first person game.

Nothing against the genre but I'm very bad at the genre and have never felt comfortable in the viewpoint.

Cyberpunk 2077 went from a game I was quite interested in based on how good Witcher 3 was and my love of futuristic sci-fi to a game I may buy one day when the complete edition is going for a tenner or something.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I switched off the moment I saw it was a first person game.

Nothing against the genre but I'm very bad at the genre and have never felt comfortable in the viewpoint.

Cyberpunk 2077 went from a game I was quite interested in based on how good Witcher 3 was and my love of futuristic sci-fi to a game I may buy one day when the complete edition is going for a tenner or something.

It does suck that the third person cutscenes were seemingly cut, but I do think Cyberpunk will benefit from focusing on one over the other. That being said, I can't argue with the logic of waiting for a complete edition. I'm sure it will cost $15 or $20 in a year or so.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
So Cyberpunk 2077 released on the 9th/10th and it was... kind of a huge ****-up.

If you own either a base PS4 or an Xbox One/Xbox One S, then your performance will be so poor that the game is virtually unplayable. It's not uncommon for the game to dip to 10 fps while running on regular hardware. If you're lucky enough to have purchased an Xbox Series S/X or PS5, then you'll be fine. Unfortunately, that's about 150 million console users who are **** out of luck.

The game runs fine on PC (unless you want ray tracing, in which case you'd best be prepared for some performance hits) and through backwards compatibility on next generation consoles. With the ****ty performance and the media scuffle behind it (CDPR putting an embargo on gameplay until the day of release and trying to hide base console footage), I cannot recommend buying the game as is.

Quin

Disaster Master
Playing on kinda high end PC and its fine and fun. No big glitches yet, only minor ones.
Not sure why you would buy this on console honestly. First person aiming with controller is ass and really ruins the combat of this game.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Playing on kinda high end PC and its fine and fun. No big glitches yet, only minor ones.
Not sure why you would buy this on console honestly. First person aiming with controller is ass and really ruins the combat of this game.

I mean, people have played first person shooters fine with controllers for years? There's also the incentive of a $200 console being far, far cheaper than a gaming PC.

I don't understand why people thought this game would be issue free. The Witcher 3 was and still is buggy as hell, it still crashes consoles even today.

Every time CDPR announced a delay for this this game they cited bugs as a reason. They're also a much smaller company than a body like Ubisoft.

I'm not surprised at all that this game ended up the way it has on consoles.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I don't understand why people thought this game would be issue free. The Witcher 3 was and still is buggy as hell, it still crashes consoles even today.

Every time CDPR announced a delay for this this game they cited bugs as a reason. They're also a much smaller company than a body like Ubisoft.

I'm not surprised at all that this game ended up the way it has on consoles.

Witcher 3 had issues out the gate, but nothing like the mountain of gameplay glitches, barely functioning AI, and horrendous performance on base consoles. The game was plainly advertised for both Xbone and PS4, so it was expected to run at least decently on them.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's a shame that a game that took so long to release after numerous delays still came out of the gate with problems. Apparently CDPR are allowing people who bought the game on the previous gen of consoles to return the game for a full refund, or if people want to wait it out, they said they will be releasing patches that hopefully fix the issues those versions of the game have.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
After seeing stuff I told my friend to wait till her birthday to be asking for this game cuz hopefully a few patches will be out by late January.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
oooookay so I just saw base console footage and Y I K E S.

What a shame. Game actually looks like it could be something intriguing in both setting and tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom