• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Creative Conversations II: What if Someone Other Than Ganondorf Got the Tri of Power?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
creativeconversationsii.jpg

Despite the fact that my previous thread of this kind was a total failure, (three days and not a single post!) I've decided to go ahead and create the next one.

This time it's:
What if someone other than Ganondorf :ganondorf: obtained the Triforce :triforce: of Power?
(I know it's never gonna happen, but still)

Who do you think it could be?
Why?
Anything else that I can't think to ask?

Please actually respond this time...to both the question AND tell me if I should continue this. If not I'll just do one more. Then, unless someone actually tells me to continue, I'll be over with it. :cry:

Last edited:
It could prove to be an interesting idea in future games where Ganondorf is after the Triforce yet we have another bigger badder enemy that actually kills Ganondorf and obtains the Triforce of Power in his stead. A game with this idea could be filled with plot twists and have some intricate details that could make things really fun and interesting. But it would prove to be a difficult opponent considering that Ganondorf himself is quite the tough one to take out, and that's WITH divine weapons and powers on your side. It takes 7 sages, one being the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom, the Master Sword, and the wielder of the Triforce of Courage all their power just TO SEAL HIM!! Granted he probably wished for some kind of immortality or supreme power and so being granted his wish by the Triforce and also gaining the power of one piece of it is probably what makes him such a tough contender to begin with.

sikora360

TetraForce FTW
If i got the triforce (all of it) i would transform into a giant Nyan Cat and fly around the universe singing: Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan.

... OR....

[video=youtube;Tk9ltTQm4S8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk9ltTQm4S8&list=FLl9HTPcoftpV0lcOojlqkOQ&index=14&feature=plpp_video[/video]

:D

Hmm, what about you Draymorath? this is your thread and idea after all, give us some information on your thoughts about someone else getting the Triforce of Power and how it would turn out and the like.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Hmm, what about you Draymorath? this is your thread and idea after all, give us some information on your thoughts about someone else getting the Triforce of Power and how it would turn out and the like.

Well, I think I'll have to come up with something later. In the mean-time I'm a bit too tired. =/

But please, let me entertain you in the mean time with this awesome throwing knife design idea I came up with! (If throwing knives were to ever be in a Zelda title anyway.
scaled.php

I made this thing for another thread, in which I also made a few other weapons that other people came up with. Please tell me the image is working, I was having some uploading trouble earlier, and I want to know if it actually works now.

Well, I think I'll have to come up with something later. In the mean-time I'm a bit too tired. =/

But please, let me entertain you in the mean time with this awesome throwing knife design idea I came up with! (If throwing knives were to ever be in a Zelda title anyway.
scaled.php

I made this thing for another thread, in which I also made a few other weapons that other people came up with. Please tell me the image is working, I was having some uploading trouble earlier, and I want to know if it actually works now.

Yes, it's working and that knife looks like something that could be in skyward sword, going with the art style that is.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
My Suppositions of DOOM!

Yes, it's working and that knife looks like something that could be in skyward sword, going with the art style that is.
Well that's a relief! :lol: That must mean my sig is working too.

Ok, well, let's see here...
If someone other than our favorite Gerudo got the Triforce of Power, I suppose that, if Ganondorf was still alive, then he and Link would be forced to join forces. Or at least agree not to kill eachother on-sight. :P

This, of course, would be huge. No Zelda has ever had this happen before! Link and Ganondorf can coexist after all! Well, being the deranged psychopath that he is, I guess he would stab you in the back once it was all over...but yeah, for at least a short time, you and your arch-nemesis stand on the same side.

Then we have to assume, if the enemy had the power to take the Triforce of Power, what would stop him from going after the Triforces of Courage and Wisdom as well? o.o Scary isn't it? As if an enemy that was able to take Power isn't bad enough, could he gain the power of all three pieces of the Triforce?

No single person has ever had all three pieces under their control before. What would happen to them if they achieved such a thing? Would it cause their body to explode from too much absolute power? Would they transform into a nasty beasty?

Whatever the case, I think it would be a very interesting game should there ever be one with a plot like this. :fairy::shield::):mastersword: :stalfos::tektite:

Pwease gimme sum chips...:puppy:

Last edited:
I don't think any one person could have all three pieces in their body. I think they can only have one but when all three come together again then the Triforce is reformed and one can make a wish. But still, if someone were able to take the Triforce of Power from an already powerful foe, they would indeed be formidable. I think it would be an interesting idea, feasible? perhaps not, but interesting definitely!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've seen a fanart trilogy like this on Deviant Art. I'm too lazy to search for it. Link had Power, Zelda had Courage and Ganondorf had Wisdom. Zelda's piece confused me a bit, Link's piece had him acting as I expect he would with power (see below), and my favorite was Wise Ganondorf - sitting in a Gerudo lair with incense meditating like some big ancient spiritual figure.

If someone other than Ganondorf got Power...

I think if Link got it, he would very likely be worse for Hyrule than Ganondorf. Think about it - Link is, in a way, a violent person. He doesn't hurt innocent people, but he slays monsters with decisiveness and gusto. He is a formidable warrior. In all of his incarnations, he is also young when the Adventure begins (either a boy or a teen). Given his age and impetuousness, I do not think he has the natural wisdom to temper an influx of unbalanced Power. This was actually addressed in (non-canon) Nintendo media - the old Legend of Zelda comic (you can get it on the North Castle site - http://www.northcastle.co.uk/ ) - look for "The Power" and "The Price" issue in the comics and books section. Very old school.

When I was doing my big co-write insane Zelda meets Wild West epic-novel-sized fic, the idea of "Link and the Triforce of Power" came up. Partially inspired by the Nintendo of America comic, my co-writer and I mentioned Link with Power as a bad idea - mostly because, as he says in said fic when tempted to take it "I'm too straight and narrow up here" (he was pointing to his head). Link is an idealist. He is a straight-minded Hero who sees black and white, good and evil with little in between for shades of gray - at least, that's how my fic co-writer and I thought of him. He's a white knight sent to deal judgement to evil. This is great for Heroes - but not so great for politicians, emperors and the "powered" set. Idealism can go wrong pretty quickly when the "absolute power corrupts" thing comes into play leading a once good man to becoming a tyrant because the populace he governs has a grayer morality and proclivity to mistakes than he has.

Yep, I think the Triforce of Power (if Link had *only* it and not the Whole Triforce), it would make him evil.

Zelda I'm not so sure of. She gained the Triforce of Wisdom for a reason (it gravitated to her), so I think she might just have enough natural wisdom to deal with Power without it corrupting her. As the Princess/Queen of her kingdom, she already has a lot of power and an understanding of how to handle it.

Those are my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom