• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Created an account just to post here

And I only wanted to introduce myself, and say that I look forward to discussing this amazingly addictive game with you all. I couldn't really find very many communities for this game other than Gamefaqs, so I've landed here.

Anyone who wants to reply, feel free to tell me your main and 2nd and 3rd strings. I'll start: Ganondorf is my favorite, I love his trident moveset so much, but I've also been really getting into Young Link. I'd really like to master Zant but he doesn't seem to have the same potential as the other two, though he's one of my favorite characters in the series. I can't seem to figure out his secondary special gauge, sometimes I can to the whirlwind-twister move where he spins around, and other times he lobs energy balls. Anyone have any tips?

Zant is a huge favorite if mine, he won't make sense until you get used to how his charge bar works. His Giant Tantrum move is an absolute keep crusher, seriously even Volga's got nothing on that move.

I wouldn't say I have a set #1 main, but my top tier characters are Link, Zelda, Twili Midna, Impa (Naginata), Ganondorf, Zant and Lana (Book).

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Welcome. I'm no good for talking about Legends content since I don't have it yet, though I have tried two separate demos for it. I've near-completed the Wii U version and I can tell you Ganondorf and his Great Swords are easily my favourite weapon to handle, especially with perfect skills added. Hasty Attacks is OP.

Zant's "whirlwind-twister move" is done when you press the light-attack button after activating his strong attack, whereas he lobs energy balls if you continue to press the strong-attack button. They each have their own uses, particularly if you are focusing on a hoard (use the spinning attack, then a special attack straight away for massive damage) or one particular enemy (destroy them with the energy balls).

Welcome. I'm no good for talking about Legends content since I don't have it yet, though I have tried two separate demos for it. I've near-completed the Wii U version and I can tell you Ganondorf and his Great Swords are easily my favourite weapon to handle, especially with perfect skills added. Hasty Attacks is OP.

Zant's "whirlwind-twister move" is done when you press the light-attack button after activating his strong attack, whereas he lobs energy balls if you continue to press the strong-attack button. They each have their own uses, particularly if you are focusing on a hoard (use the spinning attack, then a special attack straight away for massive damage) or one particular enemy (destroy them with the energy balls).

Yeah, that's how you get the meter under the health bar to fill up. You have to do one of his combos, and then mash the strong attack button to make the meter fill up. Once the meter is full, you can then unleash Zant's variant of a spin attack.

Also, getting his Level 3 Weapon on Adventure Mode makes babies cry.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
never been able to use Zant, but i am finding with Legends i am using more of the fighters and i am using them more for it now, the only ones i still can't stomach are fi and Ghirahim, it seems like those two are polar opposites, Ghirahim stops and starts when attacking and Fi can't stay in one spot when attack.

Anywho best chars

1# The dorf (Ganondorf) dude is a natural keep clearer and wrecks everything
2# Volga, again another Keep clearer and the fact he is just as diverse as G-Dorf in most scenarios.
3# Funny enough this is split between Link, Toon Link and Linkle, all 3 are freaking awesome fighters when you learn them the only negative for Toon Link is his evades are really short.

(Also Welcome to the Forums BlackFyre... I feel like that's a references to Teen Titans)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
1. Volga. He is my absolute fav and combined with hasty attacks the dude is unstoppable. If you keep on smashing yxyxyxyx without a break the enemy has nothing to say at all.
2. Link. Combined with the Master sword and his speed you can do so much damage without even standing close to an enemy.
3. Toon Link/Linkle. They both are very good fighters. Linkle has so many great combos and so does Toon Link.

With some characters yoiu really have to figure out the right combos and they can do a huge lot of damage. In the beginning I disliked Fi but now I figured her out, she is pretty awesome. I like Ghirahim but the stupid animations when he is laughing his ass off are so damn annoying. Zant, the Dorf and Twili Midna can do a huge lot of damage with their extra bars. Cia her yyxxx combo is great for taking down enemies fast in a very short time like the defeat 1000 enemies in 10 minutes quests.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Lana is my absolute favorite character and I love playing as her so much. I love her book of sorcery, I'm not very fond of the spear but i like it much better than the summoning gate, I just can't get into that one at all. The moveset is too stationary, which is contradictory to her speedy and mobile attacks that I love with the book of sorcery.

Link is second. I use the Master Sword exclusively with him. I tried out the fire rod and hated it, I tried out the spinner and wasn't very fond of it but I didn't hate it. I haven't touched any of the other weapons I unlocked for him. I love his moveset for the same reason I love Lana's; it's quick and devestating and doesn't force me to stand still at any time.

Linkle is my third best. I love her as a character and I love her moveset a lot. Like the other two I mentioned it's very mobile and versatile and I can take down hordes of enemies with her very quickly, same with keeps. The only combo of hers that I don't really like is the one where she fires off bombs in all directions because it forces you to stand still while attacking and I hate that, but I love all of her other combos.

I see a lot of people saying how much they like Ganon but I just don't like him at all, I hate his moveset with the great swords (I haven't unlocked the trident because I just cannot for the life of me get A rank with him in that battle) and he just isn't very effective for me at all. I find it interesting how we have such polar opposite experiences with the same character.

That's cool that you like Lana, I was playing her last night with the Tome and she really is a blast. I need to level her up, but I don't really like her spear either. The special attack is a great keep clearer, though.

Does anyone have any tips on using Ghirahim? I want to like him so badly but he's so slow and meh compared to others. I just feel like with Zant and Ganon I can keep up such crazy momentum.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That's cool that you like Lana, I was playing her last night with the Tome and she really is a blast. I need to level her up, but I don't really like her spear either. The special attack is a great keep clearer, though.

Does anyone have any tips on using Ghirahim? I want to like him so badly but he's so slow and meh compared to others. I just feel like with Zant and Ganon I can keep up such crazy momentum.

I can't use Ghirahim and Zant, both seem so jerky and aren't fluid, which is odd because both of them in their games are more fluid than this

I feel you, mon. Luckily I completed his rank 3 weapon mission, he has potential but is indeed very odd especially when coming from Ganondorf.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't have any troubles using both of them. With both of them you just need to find the right combo. If you use Zant's combos to fill up his other gauge bar and press X, you go into blending mode and this is very useful in missions like Defeat -insert amount- enemies in the given time. The only thing I dislike with Ghirahim ( and also some other characters) is the animation. You can't use them or a few seconds after you did a combo or something. It's so freaking annoying. I noticed this also happens to some of the Zelda combos with her rapier. She goes through enemies and jumps in the air and shoots arrows in the ground. And you can't ****ing cancel her combo. And of course the bigger enemies take advantage of this and hit the ***** every damn time.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I noticed this also happens to some of the Zelda combos with her rapier. She goes through enemies and jumps in the air and shoots arrows in the ground. And you can't ****ing cancel her combo. And of course the bigger enemies take advantage of this and hit the ***** every damn time.
This is why I greatly prefer the baton and dominion rod when using her, the fact that I recently discovered who great these weapons are has lead me to use Zelda more often.

This is why I greatly prefer the baton and dominion rod when using her, the fact that I recently discovered who great these weapons are has lead me to use Zelda more often.
Oh god I love the Baton, you absolutely rip through Shield Moblins thanks to their weakness to lightning.

Best I can say for Ghirahim is to get used to using the suped up versions of his combos, the ones that he does when you're latched onto someone with dark energy. Some of those are quite powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom