• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Create Your Own Items

Ganondork

goo
This was something I was kind of afraid of. I'm not a big fan of the idea of "creating your own item" simply because people get these big ideas in their heads. Nintendo can only do so much, it might be something kind of useful, like the Hawkeye in Twilight Princess or the Boomerang in Link's Awakening; it's there but it doesn't really need to be. My guess is that you can only make two or three items, but they won't be personalized. They'll more than likely just have blueprints and then you make something. Basically, this is just making the items that you could have bought in a shop. My guess is that by the end of the game, you'll probably have made every single possible thing that the game permits.

Now, I do have a few positive aspects for this, though. What I'm hoping is that you can make a set of items, but there will be one factor that affects the perk that it would have over other items. I'll give you an example; let's say you can make a hookshot. You gather everything, and then it gives you a choice of three different things that you can gather from defeated enemies (like how the blob of jelly - the one on Xinnamin's signature - is found by killing enemies). Each one of these three give something different than the other ones. For instance, an extra foot of chains allows your hookshot to become a longshot, or a second hook to be added to create a double hookshot. Now, it's obvious that if you pick one over the other, you'll miss out on something that you could have gotten from the other, therefore there should be duplicates of certain items scattered across the area that can only be accessed by a certain perk from your created item.

I'm not bashing this idea, but I'm scared that it might not entirely meet our expectations. I think it has potential, but it seems like more work than the end product will be worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom