• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could you ever see a Main Series Zelda game having its own Multiplayer mode?

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
t4r. As far as I know, only 5 of them have the ability to play Multiplayer. The game has proven time and again that it could stand on its own two feet without the need for it, but what are your thoughts on it? Would you like to see a Zelda game have its own MP?

Personally, I'd like to see a mode that allows players to compete in whatever minigames appear ingame on split screen like in Banjo-Tooie, but I'd expect this to be an underused feature, and couldn't even begin to think of a worthy online version without it being a full blown MMO with a grindy leveling system.

You mean a feature just for mini games? Maybe, though I can only see this for certain mini-games, ( Like racing ones) others might be good for just single player, but I'd be open for this idea.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
You mean a feature just for mini games? Maybe, though I can only see this for certain mini-games, ( Like racing ones) others might be good for just single player, but I'd be open for this idea.
Any form of Multiplayer that you could think of, not just a Minigame feature.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks don't count? I can see why Spirit Tracks may have been overlooked due to being local only, but collecting Big Plays through Phantom Hourglass's online was a ton of fun, and it successfully recreated the strategic aspects of the Temple of the Ocean King.

I think Tri Force Heroes was a trial for a retun of multiplayer to the series. The game was fun when it worked, but painfully slow when it didn't. I think this shows that adding some online multiplayer to a console Zelda is a safer choice as people have a more stable connection through their router and modem. I know some people are firmly opposed to adding some multiplayer to a possible console installment, but giving people more options is a way to expand the fanbase and take advantage of modern technology while maintaining the core of the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom