• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could Majora Date Back to Skyward Sword?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Having recently played and discussed a bit about Majora's Mask, I came up with an idea (that has likely been thought of by others, may have been overruled, not sure). Could Majora date back to Skyward Sword? I'm asking that because we do know that the mask was used in hexing rituals, but what caused the mask to be made in the first place? The actually making of the mask had to have happened a legend before OoT, which is the same with Skyward Sword. Your thoughts?

A

Ardwen

I believe the mask of Majora was stolen from the Happy Mask Salesman, who may have been the same guy to run the Happy Mask Shop in OoT. If this is the case, then Majora's Mask could have originated in Hyrule (or at least the Hyrule dimension). It would be cool if there were a Majora boss in SS!

Din Akera

Sniper
hm. Interesting concept. Well, we know that the mask was used in hexing rituals yes, but we also know that the dark power was sealed inside the mask. Axle has theorized on the idea of 'the dark tribe,' who we are hoping/expecting to meet in SS as the main vilain, were the ones to use the mask. So I guess this theory is on some level possible with the timeline and character order.

But, I don't think we will see the mask. We might hear of the power or god that the dark tribe worships, but Majora is so connected to Stone Tower in Termina that is is hard to argue that Majora could originate anywhere else. That theory is simply because of all the similarities and demonstrations of the connection of Majora to Stone Tower. Because of this, I doubt we will see Majora again; being so rooted in Termina makes it difficult for me to believe we will see him in Hyrule.

Also, if Majora turned up in SS as a villain, then he would have to defeat Link, or not be a large enough threat for Link to confront him. Because it is impossible for Link to kill him twice. :lol: ... But I guess it is possible that Link could be the one to seal Majora in the mask. Though i think this would be a bit of a stretch as it was fairly well assumed this responsibility was the dark tribe's or ancient tribe's that used the mask in the hexing rituals. Of course, there is a whole section in the MM manga that explains Majora's Mask's creation, but we know that isn't cannon.

So, do i think it is possible, i guess so. But I don't think it is very likely. In addition, Majora was a fantastic villain that I don't think will be touched again. It was a huge success and I doubt Nintendo will play with it. I think the most that is possible is hearing mention of Majora as a god, deity, or power of the dark tribe, but it he won't be named.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
but we also know that the dark power was sealed inside the mask
The mask is sealed in darkness. Nothing is said about anything being sealed inside the mask. We use only correlations with the origins of other masks to assume this.

But, I don't think we will see the mask. We might hear of the power or god that the dark tribe worships, but Majora is so connected to Stone Tower in Termina that is is hard to argue that Majora could originate anywhere else. That theory is simply because of all the similarities and demonstrations of the connection of Majora to Stone Tower. Because of this, I doubt we will see Majora again; being so rooted in Termina makes it difficult for me to believe we will see him in Hyrule.
Yes, very good point. We don't have any reason to assume that Majora might appear in SS, and we have evidence against it, so I'd just wait and see.

Also, if Majora turned up in SS as a villain, then he would have to defeat Link, or not be a large enough threat for Link to confront him. Because it is impossible for Link to kill him twice. :lol: ... But I guess it is possible that Link could be the one to seal Majora in the mask. Though i think this would be a bit of a stretch as it was fairly well assumed this responsibility was the dark tribe's or ancient tribe's that used the mask in the hexing rituals.
Or he could be the one who sealed the mask in darkness.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wasn't implying that Majora was in the Hyrule dimension (although that would be amazing to see), rather that Majora was alive back in SS' time. It *is* possible that Majora could've originated in Hyrule, as we only know that the HMS found the mask somewhere in Termina. The hexing tribe may have originated in Hyrule, or for all we know they could be the Dark Interlopers (although that is HIGHLY unlikely, they were actually afraid of their own power, whereas the Interlopers were of absolution, seizing whatever they could.).

On the other hand, it'd be cool if Majora were a boss (penultimate anyone?), and Link merely had to wound him/her. If Majora is transcending history beyond SS', then MM/OoT must be really far in the future, or that legend would never die...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom