• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Congressional hearing on UAPs (UFOs but with a fancy name invented by the government so they don’t have to imply that aliens exist)

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
So this morning the US government had a congressional hearing on potential government coverups.

I’m not going to expect anyone to watch the entire thing, but the basic gist from what I gathered was that these three men, two representing witnesses and one being a whistleblower, were accusing the pentagon of covering up the existence of “crafts of non-human origin.”

Now my opinion on all of this after watching the entire thing is a little more skeptical than most it seems. Probably the most interesting thing about this is how non-partisan the committee was on the matter, which is unheard of in today’s political climate especially (it’s also why I’m putting this in Science and Technology as opposed to Mature Discussion as the overall question is equally governmental as it is scientific). The only person who seemed to even put forth any sort of skepticism was Representative Eric Burlison.

As for the subject of the hearing itself, I’m a little conflicted. The two witnesses inspired only a little bit more confidence in their cause than Dan Aykroyd. The whistleblower, however, was certainly interesting. It seems like every other question he had to dodge under the claim that he wasn’t able to publicly answer for various reasons, including that he risked being attacked by people active in the cover up. This would ordinarily make me incredibly skeptical if not for the fact that he clearly did his homework on the matter, to the point of seemingly knowing what classified materials congressmen did and did not have access to better than they did, among other things. It seems like a lot of effort to go through if he was just going to dodge answers.

Clearly this was more than just your average crackhead talking about aliens, but I have to wonder how much more. I’m interested in where this is going, but more so because I want to know what the whistleblower is hiding/not telling us.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I did not watch the video

UFOs are relatively common as far as i know (in the sense of flying objects we haven't identified) and its not even too rare that we can't figure out what they are. Actual evidence of alien technology or life has never been found, to my knowledge. Its entirely feasible and in fact almost certain that the US military is hiding information about UFOs, which may include theories about them involving alien technology, but will certainly not include actual evidence supporting those theories.

Last edited:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
This feels more like an attempt to divert attention anywhere other than what is happening down here than an attempt to actually reveal anything worthwhile. Our government gets very excited to talk about stuff that isn't about itself.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
This feels more like an attempt to divert attention anywhere other than what is happening down here than an attempt to actually reveal anything worthwhile. Our government gets very excited to talk about stuff that isn't about itself.
I thought of this also. Was the same thing a month ago with the submarine.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Could aliens exist, yes. Are they coming to Earth for some unknown reason, not sure.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and I was like, wouldn't flying around Earth be the equivalent of driving a car far removed from civilization, so if you break down you have no cell service, no way to get a tow, or even get to a shop to buy parts to repair it.

I feel like the analogy is accurate, so if there were aliens they'd likely avoid Earth. The exception being sending drones for some reason. I saw a video of the whistleblower guy saying they did find craft that had crashed and they found "non-human biologics" inside. If true, that's really surprising. I think my default is always going to be skepticism though.

Whatever the case is on aliens, if they are coming here, if we've made contact (or not) – overall none of it matters when we still have so many problems amoung ourselves.

Advancely intelligent life would probably think we are too primitive for them, and they'd probably be right.

Also, if we have found crashed alien spacecraft and we haven't been able to analyze it, reverse engineer it, and use it to help advance our understanding of Physics by now I think it just goes to show that we probably have a long ways to go.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
It would very much surprise me if there wasn't some kind of other sentient life in the universe. Whether or not they've visited Earth I'm not sure, but I am nearly certain that most supposed alien encounters are either fake or somehow otherwise explainable. I think society is at a point where people are more open to the idea so the government is more open to talking about it with a lower degree of secrecy perhaps than in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom