• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Computer Hours in a Week

How many hours are you on the computer each week?

• One hour or less.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One to three hours.

• Three to four hours.

• Four to seven hours.

• Seven to ten hours.

• Ten to fifteen hours.

• 15+ hours

• Total voters

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, when I am on a normal schedule, I typically spend 30-40 hours a week on the computer at least, with at least 5 hours dedicated to Zelda Dungeon. The reason for this: There's nothing better to do. I mean, I'm a bit of a computerholic, but I can live without a computer (I've done so for the past three weeks. ;)), its just a bit difficult, for my access to self expression and communication would be cut off (really, 75% of my social life is on here).

The only thing that holds me back is my passion for Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc. and my sister who adores Facebook and spends 2+ hours commenting on everything she sees. So, yeah, I do spend a lot of time on here. How else do you think I've been here for over a year. :P ZD is awesome, a bit off topic, though.

S

Seizure

Lately I've easily been spending ridiculous amounts of time. But that should probably be going back down for me. I normally have lots of things to do outside, but lately my life's been a tad "messed up". In a week or so, I should be back to spending most of my daytime hours outside.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I spent at least 40 hours or more on my Computer each week.

I use the computer to talk with my other friends from Japan, and to talk with my mom, the other hours are spent on doing my assignments, Reports, Term papers, Etc.

The rest i spent here.

I'm on the computer a lot. My computer is a laptop and I usually just leave it on standby and will do homework, study, watch TV, ect. I have a long enough desk that I have room for the laptop and room for books and such, so it's safe to say I'm around a computer a good bit.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Are you kidding? Who only spends 15 hours a WEEK on their computer? :huh: I spend a minimum of 5 hours a DAY on it, and that's not even counting the time I spend telling other people how to do things on the computer, playing video game consoles, or surfing the web on my phone.

I could easily exceed 60 hours a week on the computer, on a heavier week. Maybe a full 72, I don't keep track. A "light" week would be 25 hours for work alone, and that would probably be due to not having access to a good computer at home because someone else is tying it up. So I work with computers, and still want to have fun with them at home... yeah, that will increase usage dramatically.

I'm a self-proclaimed computer geek, though, so I guess I'm just stunned that there are still people who use the computer so infrequently. I would have expected most people in developed nations to use it at least 20 hours a week by now... I guess there are still a lot of computer-illiterate "jock" types out there after all. I'll have to be sure not to let my guard down about my computer knowledge just anywhere in public yet.

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I spend a minimum of 3 hours a day on my computer, most of it checking this site, and that's on a day where I don't have a lot of time on my hands. On a good week, I would have totaled up 49 hours. Not only do I spend time at home, but other places I go to require that I get on a computer. Not that I'm complaining. :) It's the age of computers.

Tom

I accidentaly chose the 'one to three hours' option. Thought I had read per day, not week.

I guess I spend about 30 hours a week at my computer. I used to spend from 40 to 50, but now I have somewhat stopped playing pc games, for mine is actually older than some of you here at ZD. Yes, lol at that. Anyway, when I was into FPSs and MMORPGs, I'd spend like 15~20 hours on weekends.
Nowadays I spend my time listening to music, posting stuff on Zelda related websites and things like that.

I spend a great deal of time on my computer. Probably more than 6 hours a day on weekdays, and even more on weekends. I'm always on the computer on weekdays because I have nothing else to do. I can't play games on school days so I'm always on my computer. Weekends just give me more time. I can easily exceed 15 hours a week for computer time.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'm on anywhere from 4-6 hours per weekday and 6-7 per weekend day, so I guess that's a total of 32-44 hours a week if I calculated that right. Mostly either doing game related stuff (like this forum), school related stuff, or digital painting. I don't know what to do with myself if I don't have a computer in front of me. My computer room is my homework space, my eating space, my TV space, my music space, basically my general recreation space. I like to come onto the computer even when I don't have anything to do on it.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I hardly use the computor for school. Unless I have to type up an essay or do some research or something like that, I don't do it often. I also use it for Zelda stuff such as forums and my website. I also use the computor for research but not school research. I also look on Wikipedia if I need to look up anything that I want to know more about such as when new episodes of TV shows will show. It's official that I can't live without a computor because I probably wouldn't have ever beat alttp, mc and be stuck in the Sand Sanctuary of Spirit Tracks.

T

The Hylian Hero

Well, since my job is computer troubleshooting and repair, I'm constantly in front of computers. I also have a personal computer that I use (I'm currently adding special effects to a lightsaber just-for-fun video for a friend in AAE!) for homework, research, recreation, etc. as well as helping out with technical related things at church and other activities.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'm spending way too much time on the PC too. I'm living in a boring village with very few people in my age group, so I'm not going out too often (generally only on Friday and Saturday evenings but almost every week). Plus I'm the only one in our clique studying at university, most of the rest are usually working from 7-4. Therefore my and their holidays are at different times...

When I'm at university I'm usually spending "only" ~6hrs/day on the PC (doing things for uni as well) from Mon-Thu, ~4hrs on Fri, ~5 hrs on Sat and ~12 hrs on Sun.

But when there are holidays it's usually around 12 hrs/day and a little less, like ~6hrs on Fri/Sat.

So it varies between 45 and 72 hours, that's quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom