• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Colognes, bodysprays and perfumes

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I happened to pop in earlier to see a conversation in the SB about this topic. Unfortunately I had not the time to participate. Having returned I see nobody had the brilliant idea to make it into a thread so I have gone and done so.

Do you like to use colognes, bodyspray or perfumes? Which ones are your favourites. What types of scents do you like for yourself or do you like others to wear?

Also is there any kind fragrances you particularly dislike to smell on someone?

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Axe body spray is detestable. Unfortunately my brother was the type to spray waaaay too much of it on himself and everything he owned, and so were his friends. Whenever they went through the house the halls would smell like someone dumped axe into a sweaty gym bag. It was repulsive.

I don't use cologne. The only thing close to that I use is aftershave. Deodorant is plenty.

I personally don't use any of these products because that's too much effort. However, I have to laugh at girls who make fun of guys for using bodysprays, assuming they do it for girls. That's literally the same as guys assuming girls wear makeup for guys. You ever consider they do it for themselves? God forbid you tell a girl she's wearing too much makeup, but let's make sure to give guys who wear axe a hard time. Sheesh.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I can't leave the house without body spray or perfume! My favourite body sprays are from Holister, Victoria's Secret, or PINK. My favourite perfumes are Black Opium and Gucci Bamboo. I love warm, vanilla, cozy flavours or musky scents :3 I like floral too or fruity

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm not a big fan of the lynx/axe bodysprays I have yet to find a fragrance which I actually think 'Mmmm...I've got to wear some of that'. But still for those bashing them. It's better being around people smelling of that than it is being around those smelling of body odour.

I like to wear cologne myself. I like musky, woody and citrusy scents best. I like the way it smells when I am wearing it and of course I like the compliments I get for making a good choice. My favourite is Dry Oil by Superdry and my second favourite is Gucci by Gucci.

Ninja

Well well well
I love a good cologne however it needs to blend well with the deodorant and body wash if applicable.

Axe sprays are pretty bad. Most of the time people spray it on their bodies like they are trying to scent an entire room, and more often than not, the fragrances are too strong.

Personally, I use Old Spice body wash and pair it with a deodorant spray, the Bearglove scent. It's not overpowering and it smells pretty nice, wife approved. After that if I'm heading to work, or out, I'll live dangerously and throw on some Hugo Boss cologne.

It's worth it to experiment, test, and invest in a premium cologne/perfume, because it'll last longer and generally will smell amazing without being overpowering.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I personally don't use any of these products because that's too much effort. However, I have to laugh at girls who make fun of guys for using bodysprays, assuming they do it for girls. That's literally the same as guys assuming girls wear makeup for guys. You ever consider they do it for themselves? God forbid you tell a girl she's wearing too much makeup, but let's make sure to give guys who wear axe a hard time. Sheesh.
You have to admit there is overdoing it with both makeup and body spry. There is one big diffrence if the body spry is stong enough it can give people around them a burning sensation in their nose not from the smell though but actual chmeicals being iretents to the lining of your nose in high concentrations.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I cant stand smelling Axe Spray or any form of Cologne, all the men around here overdose it on themselves like they use it instead of showering. There are quite a few women that do the same with perfume, but I only use perfume in small amounts, same goes for make up. No need to compete with clowns.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't leave the house without wearing a spray or cologne.

Usually if I am going with a spray I'll use Lynx (or Axe if you're from USA), my favourite being Anarchy.

The cologne I'll use for more important occasions, at the moment I have One Million Privé by Paco Rabanne.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I don't get the use of cologne and perfume. I mean it makes sense if you live in a society where bathing is a luxury and you still want to smell halfway decent, but this is the current year. The only sense body scents make today is right after a workout and you haven't showered yet.

I am also cursed with an extremely acute sense of smell, and smells rarely smell good to me. Perfume, never. Cologne is only slightly less bothersome.

I had a b*tch boss who would practically bathe in the stuff. And it was cheap. You could always tell where she'd been because the smell would linger for like 15 minutes after she'd gone. The woman was trashy anyway and probably mental. She'd cake on makeup like a clown as well. People like her just don't understand subtlety. Even still, when it is applied subtly it still bothers me.

Needless to say I don't wear it. I used to spray Axe after gym class in hs and I was always self conscious that I was rank with it. People commonly detest Axe anyway. To me it's just as bad as any other body scent.

funnier6

Courage~
I don't use any cologne, if I ever see the need I'll use it sparingly, I'd get some but for now deodorant works just fine.

I've always been okay with people wearing cologne/perfume though, except the few colognes I don't like the smell of it's pretty fun identifying people by smell. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom