• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

City or country life

I can understand why anyone would choose either. I personally would choose the country to get away from the city life for a bit.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Which do you live in and do you enjoy it?

If you live in the city would you rather live in the country or vice versa?

I live in a city and cities are for me. Everything I need is easy to get to, shops, restaurants, cinema e.t.c and I cant for the life of me understand why anyone would want to live somewhere without a Starbucks nearby. The thought is just horrific.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I'm probably a bit biased right now since I just moved to the city a few days ago. I'm hearing constant sirens out my apartment door and dreaming of quiet open fields.

I've been a suburban man my whole life. It's the perfect conpromise.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I've been on both ends and i kinda like where i am now, i am living near some wooded area and theres some traffic including buses nearby which makes city life accessible but i prefer the quiet

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@Spirit yup the one thing i hate about my area and the woods nearby are the size of some of the spiders in winter T.T we trashed our shed a few years back and mother of god the migration of spiders still freaks me out

Ninja

Well well well
I've always lived in busy, bustling cities like Orlando Florida and now Las Vegas Nevada. I have to say that I greatly prefer city life to being out in the country.

Yes, the peace and quiet can be nice at times however I prefer to be close to everything and not have to spend an hour traveling to Walmart just to get some basic supplies lol.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I've lived in a suburb my entire life, and I can't be happier. It's a great comprimise. However, city life has the hustle and bustle that I like, and I think I'd prefer living there vs the country.

Although, when you have several acres of land all to yourself (like you do in the country), I could finally build a Ninja Gym in my backyard (No, seriously. I'm actually not kidding.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hate the country. Full of spiders and insect and mud and it smells and it gets worse when its wet. There's also spiders.

I was in a rural place for two months once and I had to scout out the room every night to ensure no spider was around. I didn't dare open the windows for too long because they came in from outside.

I was in a rural place for two months once and I had to scout out the room every night to ensure no spider was around. I didn't dare open the windows for too long because they came in from outside.

At least in the city if you do come across a spider there's usually at least 5 things within reach you can end it with

Reactions: Dio

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Personally, I like the suburbs better than either, but if I had to choose, I'd choose the city. I'm not really very comfortable out in nature unless it's raining, snowing, or really cold, and even then, I'd rather be inside.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Interesting questions because I've been asking myself this very question as I come to finally having enough of my present situation and have started (re)evaluating my life choices (such as they are.)

I've lived in the suburbs my entire life, which is the worst of both worlds. Now growing up in a blue collar subdivision comes highly recommended, but they inevitably turn to @#$% once the trash starts moving in (there are literally meth dens in the neighborhood I grew up in). While upper middle class neighborhoods sure are swanky! I fking HATE these neighbors. They are the most psychotically antisocial weirdos I've ever met.

City life does not appeal to me. Living in a city looks like it would be a nightmare, and observing urban citizens reveals some profound effects living in such densely populated areas can have on a person's psyche. I do love cities. I love the ambiance and the streets and especially the architecture. But I would hate to live there.

Meanwhile, country folk are among some of the most consistently pleasant I've ever met. Just good luck finding gainful employment in the @$$ end of god-knows-where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom