• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Circle Pad Pro

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Simple enough question I guess. Would you like Zelda3D to make use of the Circle Pad Pro?

The CPP was met with groans as a stop-gap solution to what many saw as a major weakness of the 3DS's original design. However, it has proven its worth in the eyes of many by improving the control of games such as Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Resident Evil: Revelations. There hasn't been much else of note that has taken advantage of it though.

None of those games require the CPP of course. It serves only to enhance the experience (and I can say with complete honesty that Revelations is a much better game with it than without) so if ZeldaU used the CPP it would not limit the experience for those without one. So what do you think? Should Zelda3D use the CPP, or should they ignore it?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I do want to see Zelda3DS to make use of the Circle Pad Pro, for two specifics reasons:

1) It has very limited application in the realm of the 3DS.
Off the top of my head, I can count like, what, three-ish games that are compatible with the CCP: Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater...I know I'm missing a couple other games, but the point is that my even having the CCP is a waste of space, time and of course the $20 I spent to get it in the first place. I never use the damn thing, but I'd love to use it especially in a Zelda game.

2) Camera freakin' Control
Something the Zelda series has been lacking as of late is camera control. You know, moving the camera around like we could in Wind Waker or Twilight Princess GC version. I'm rather sick of having to rely on constantly Z-Targeting to get a better view of the world, and I'm sur ethere are some sweet camera angles with Free-Look than with the auto-focusing camera. Using the left analog stick to move and the right analog stick to move the camera again just like the old days would be gorgeous.

(Also, btw, I think the CCP is a detriment to Revelations ;p )

I'd like Zelda3DS to make use of the CPP, I bought it for REvelations (was badgered into it by the store clerk who stressed it enhanced the game) So i played REvelations with and without and my god did it ever feel better with the CPP. Moving Link around with the Circle pad in OoT3D feels absolutely gorgeous, i've never played a game where just making your character walk in one direction is so entertaining and satisfying it feels so amazing. So any more Circle pads is a yes from me if they're gonna feel that sexy =] And i know nintendo could make a good use for it =] Though, i'd be happy with just camera movement because im sure it'd feel sexy as hell too =]

Deeds

no text
Circle pad pro would be cool, it would make it feel like more of an RPG. Also, it would make good use of 3-Dimensional perspective, I'm sure they'll include. Maybe even release it alongside a 3DS that has Dual-Analogs as well, who knows.

Deeds

no text
There's no compelling reason to use it. Just another wasted 20.
It's about preferential values. I'd prefer to be able to look around freely without having to Z target or press a button to stop gameplay.
The compelling reason to use it would be to keep the gameplay fluid, and maximise gameplay possibilities.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Just don't make it compulsory.

As far as I'm aware none of the games which use the CPP make it compulsory and so I'd imagine a Zelda game wouldn't either. I mean, if they did then a large number of 3DS owners would swerve it on the grounds of being forced to buy the CPP as well as the game. As long the 3DS doesn't come with two Circle Pads as standard, I wouldn't think we have to worry about the CPP becoming compulsory.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Just don't make it compulsory.

No currently released game on the 3DS which employs the CCP makes it compulsory on the player. It's always and only there for "an added bonus" of sorts! So you've nothing to fear in that regard. The only time it would be "compulsory" and I'm doubting that still, would be like C said: in the event we get a 3DS with two circle pads automatically installed (which isn't likely tbh), THEN it would be considered "compulsory" but still not even.

Could we use the Directional pad for camera contole? not everyone could afford the CPP so would it make sence that the directional pad can be used instead.

Deeds

no text
Could we use the Directional pad for camera contole? not everyone could afford the CPP so would it make sence that the directional pad can be used instead.
Using the Directional Pad would make for less smooth gameplay, which is the entire point of camera control with the CPP in the first place. The reason I think we need to is to be able to freely control your view without having to stop moving, having the D-Pad would mean taking your left thumb off the stick, right?

I find It very odd how people want CPP, most zelda games didn't even support a second analog stick and we were always fine with It, never minded the camera control.

1) It has very limited application in the realm of the 3DS.
Off the top of my head, I can count like, what, three-ish games that are compatible with the CCP: Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater...I know I'm missing a couple other games, but the point is that my even having the CCP is a waste of space, time and of course the $20 I spent to get it in the first place. I never use the damn thing, but I'd love to use it especially in a Zelda game.
Oddly enough, that's actually a reason to not support It, but since It could be optional there would be nothing wrong with It. I mean, It was quite annoying having to buy wii motion plus just for skyward sword, specially because in Brazil things are way more expensive then what they're supposed to be. I bought the bundle for $180, while It's $70 in US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom