• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Cinderella Story

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Okay, for English, we had to write a fractured fairy tale. And I wrote mine about Cinderella since it was my all time favorite fairy tale. I only got the (kind of) prologue typed, so enjoy. I'll post the next part as soon as I'm done typing it.

If you’re expecting a story about my awful, snobby, bratty, mean step sister, for-get it! You think she was so innocent, but this is my point of view- the pure, unadulterated truth about the story of Cinderella.

Once upon a time, a rich widow was very lonely, even though she had two beautiful daughters named Clara and Gwen. Clara was more into reading and writing. She had the most beautiful shiny, long, brunet hair and spring green eyes. She was the most gifted writer in all of the kingdom and even though she was only 16, she had almost 25 books published. And Gwen was more into sports. She had slick, medium length dirty blonde hair and brilliant blue eyes. She could outrun all of the men in the kingdom, so she was very highly respected. The rich widow pretended to be happy, but the sisters knew she was not in the inside. Together, they set her up on a courtship with the most handsome noble in the kingdom. The noble immediately fell loved her. The sisters were happy for her until they met the noble’s daughter. Her name was Cinderella. She was mean, spiteful, and a brat. She was the ugliest young woman in the entire kingdom. But on one faithful spring day, the noble proposed to the widow. She said yes. And soon, the drama began to shake up the lives of the sisters and especially Clara.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Cool, I like it. I spotted one or two typos there but that is to be expected, we're only human. I am looking forward to it. One tip: Try not to make it a cliche.

TreeHuggerPanda

Okay, but I put on a ton of twist and turns, so yeah... I'll post the next part soon.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I got more done already. Enjoy!

“Clara!” My sister kicked open my bedroom door, “Mother wants you. And why are you reading a book when it’s sunny out?”

“First of all, it’s The Sisters Grimm. Second it’s a good book. And third, what does Mother want?” I asked while closing my book.

“Cinder-ew-a is here.” Gwen replied. Of course she wasn’t worried; Cinderella liked Gwen the most out of both of us. “And Mother wants you to formally meet her.”

“Whatever.” I got out of bed and made my way to the foyer, where I found thirteen bags of luggage covered the whole room.

“Is that all, ma’am?” Our coachman asked. He was a mild fellow, quite cunning and actually quite handsome, too. But Mother would be very disappointed with me if I ever fell in love with someone below the rank of our family.

“No!!! I have tons more!!! Go get them!!!!” Someone hissed. I figured it was Cinderella, since she was that bratty.

“Clara!” Mother exclaimed. “You know Cinderel-,”

“Actually, Mother, its Cindy now.” Cinderella (Cindy) politely corrected

“I’m sorry, Cindy.” Mother apologized. Cinderella must be pressing her luck on poor Mother! “Clara, you know Cindy, right?”

“Yes…” I replied

“Well, I wanted you to show Cindy to her room, will you do that for me, sweet?” Mother asked. Her pale blue eyes sparkled.

“Sure.” I motioned Cinderella to come with me. I walked all the way to the end of the hallway. We entered a pink princess room Mother prepared just for her. She had her own private bathroom, a kitchenette, and most importantly, a walk-in closet. And everything, I swear, everything was pink. I hope she’s happy with how much money we spent for her room.

“Ugh!” Cindy exclaimed in degusted, “You have no money and no designing sense!”

“But… we spent one million gold in this room… And I designed it, pink is your favorite color, right?”

“My old favorite color! And you designed it! I want a sister refuuuuuuuund!” Cindy sassed

“But… you have your own bathroom, a kitchenette, and… a walk-in closet…” I was full front jealous of her.

“Yaaaah,” Cindy said in her French accent, “But I don’t know how to cook! How can I use a kitchenette?”

“We can hire a cook just for you!” I defended

“Well, I hate this room, I’m taking yours.” Cindy claimed. Okay, I can deal with the snobbiness and brattiness, but I will not, I repeat, will not let someone like Cindy take over my room.

“NO!” I said defiantly

“What?! But… but…” Cindy started to cry.

YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY ROOM AFTER WE SPENT ONE MILLION GOLD FOR YOU! YOU WILL STAY IN THIS ROOM AND LIKE IT!” I ranted

“This is why I don’t like your family! I move away from my friends, I move into a smaller manor. I get taken up to my room by a brat step-sister. Now, I can’t redecorate or stay in someone else’s room.” Cindy said

“Me a brat? I am not a brat!” I ran down the stairs to get Mother to settle this situation once and for all.

“Mother.” I tugged on her sleeve.

“Yes, sweet?” Mother asked

“Cindy doesn’t like her room!” I explained, “And she doesn’t appreciate that we spent a lot of gold for her room.”

“Oh honey, don’t you see, your father has a lot of gold we can use to redecorate. But for now, you shall sleep in Gwen’s room and Cinder- I mean, Cindy will sleep in your room.” Mother shushed

“But Mother!” I whined

“Now I want you to pack your things and move into Gwen’s room. No buts.” I went up to my room. I loved it too much to give it to a brat like Cindy. I ran my fingers over the green walls. Father picked out the color when I was a little girl. I loved it because it reminded me of the luscious green grass in the summer. And now, the memory would fade and so would the few books on my writing desk, the old hickory scent of the floors, and the two years’ worth of love letters of many nobles’ sons have sent to me.

TreeHuggerPanda

I got more done already. Enjoy!

“Clara!” My sister kicked open my bedroom door, “Mother wants you. And why are you reading a book when it’s sunny out?”

“First of all, it’s The Sisters Grimm. Second it’s a good book. And third, what does Mother want?” I asked while closing my book.

“Cinder-ew-a is here.” Gwen replied. Of course she wasn’t worried; Cinderella liked Gwen the most out of both of us. “And Mother wants you to formally meet her.”

“Whatever.” I got out of bed and made my way to the foyer, where I found thirteen bags of luggage covered the whole room.

“Is that all, ma’am?” Our coachman asked. He was a mild fellow, quite cunning and actually quite handsome, too. But Mother would be very disappointed with me if I ever fell in love with someone below the rank of our family.

“No!!! I have tons more!!! Go get them!!!!” Someone hissed. I figured it was Cinderella, since she was that bratty.

“Clara!” Mother exclaimed. “You know Cinderel-,”

“Actually, Mother, its Cindy now.” Cinderella (Cindy) politely corrected

“I’m sorry, Cindy.” Mother apologized. Cinderella must be pressing her luck on poor Mother! “Clara, you know Cindy, right?”

“Yes…” I replied

“Well, I wanted you to show Cindy to her room, will you do that for me, sweet?” Mother asked. Her pale blue eyes sparkled.

“Sure.” I motioned Cinderella to come with me. I walked all the way to the end of the hallway. We entered a pink princess room Mother prepared just for her. She had her own private bathroom, a kitchenette, and most importantly, a walk-in closet. And everything, I swear, everything was pink. I hope she’s happy with how much money we spent for her room.

“Ugh!” Cindy exclaimed in degusted, “You have no money and no designing sense!”

“But… we spent one million gold in this room… And I designed it, pink is your favorite color, right?”

“My old favorite color! And you designed it! I want a sister refuuuuuuuund!” Cindy sassed

“But… you have your own bathroom, a kitchenette, and… a walk-in closet…” I was full front jealous of her.

“Yaaaah,” Cindy said in her French accent, “But I don’t know how to cook! How can I use a kitchenette?”

“We can hire a cook just for you!” I defended

“Well, I hate this room, I’m taking yours.” Cindy claimed. Okay, I can deal with the snobbiness and brattiness, but I will not, I repeat, will not let someone like Cindy take over my room.

“NO!” I said defiantly

“What?! But… but…” Cindy started to cry.

YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY ROOM AFTER WE SPENT ONE MILLION GOLD FOR YOU! YOU WILL STAY IN THIS ROOM AND LIKE IT!” I ranted

“This is why I don’t like your family! I move away from my friends, I move into a smaller manor. I get taken up to my room by a brat step-sister. Now, I can’t redecorate or stay in someone else’s room.” Cindy said

“Me a brat? I am not a brat!” I ran down the stairs to get Mother to settle this situation once and for all.

“Mother.” I tugged on her sleeve.

“Yes, sweet?” Mother asked

“Cindy doesn’t like her room!” I explained, “And she doesn’t appreciate that we spent a lot of gold for her room.”

“Oh honey, don’t you see, your father has a lot of gold we can use to redecorate. But for now, you shall sleep in Gwen’s room and Cinder- I mean, Cindy will sleep in your room.” Mother shushed

“But Mother!” I whined

“Now I want you to pack your things and move into Gwen’s room. No buts.” I went up to my room. I loved it too much to give it to a brat like Cindy. I ran my fingers over the green walls. Father picked out the color when I was a little girl. I loved it because it reminded me of the luscious green grass in the summer. And now, the memory would fade and so would the few books on my writing desk, the old hickory scent of the floors, and the two years’ worth of love letters of many nobles’ sons have sent to me.

---------- Post added 06-07-2010 at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-06-2010 at 05:55 PM ----------

I'm on a roll:)

I packed my things and most of my dresses and went into Gwen’s room. Gwen’s room was… a little different. She had her dresses strewn across the floor, little crumbs of bread all of over her nightstand, and hair ribbons all over the place. It was a mess.

“Hey! What are you doing here?!” Gwen demanded

“Mother says I have to move into your room.” I sighed. “There was nothing I could do about the situation.”

“UGH! Is Cinderella trying to ruin our lives?!” Gwen asked sarcastically

“NO I’M NOT!” Someone screamed. We turned to the door. It was Cinder- I mean, Cindy. “By the way, I change my name to Cindy; please call me Cindy from now on.”

“Cindy,” I said politely, “This is an issue between blood sisters, please let us be.”

“FINE! Oh, and by the way, Gwen, you up for some shopping?” Cindy asked

“Actually, I have a date with my boyfriend.” Gwen lied. I knew what it meant- She didn’t want to go, so she’s going to hang out around the marketplace and hopefully meet her boyfriend there.

“Okay, Clara, you wanna shop with me?” Cindy asked

“Actually, I’m in the middle of a good book, and I really want to finish it.” I replied. It meant I didn’t want to go with her and I wanted to her to leave me alone. Gwen was lucky she had a better excuse.

“Oh come on! I need a new dress and you could finish that book in the carriage!” Cindy whined

“Fine,” I grumbled, “Just you and me?”

“Nope, with my friends also.” Cindy replied

“I’m bringing a friend then. Wait for me in the parlor. Shouldn’t take that long.” I directed. I went downstairs. The only friend I had who should be willing to go is Annabelle. She was the expert shopper because she worked a few hours in the dress shop. And luckily, her manor was only a few minutes’ walk from mine.

I put on my good walking shoes and went out to the stables first to visit the horses there. Even though it was on our land, we opened the stables out to everyone in the kingdom.

I saw a new beautiful one. Her coat was reddish brown and it was the shinnies coat I had ever seen. And her mane was jet black. She just looked lovely. I brushed her mane.

“Oh there you are Janet!” Someone said at the entrance. He walked over to the horse. He had the dreamiest blue eyes, like Gwen, and lavish brown curly hair. And the most genuine smile.

“Oh I’m so sorry, I just… I mean, look at her coat, it looks so shinny.” I replied nervously

“Oh that’s okay, she’s my new horse. Her name’s Janet.” He held out his hand, “I’m Edmund.”

“Clara.” I held my hand out and shook his, “Hey, like Prince Edmund, right?”

“Yeah… like Prince Edmund…” He muttered, “So, do you have a horse?”

“No, but my family owns the stables.” I replied

“You’re in the Windgarden family?” He said surprised, “I never knew there was another daughter other than Gwen!”

“Gwen’s my sister and I have another sister, Cinderella. Well, she doesn’t really count since she’s my step sister.” I said, “Well I have to go, I have to fetch my friend to shop with me and my step sister and her friends.”

“Okay, will you meet me here tomorrow, same time?” He asked. Wow, being asked on a date is exciting. All of the other dates I’ve been on were always set up by Mother.

“Sure!” I exclaimed. I left the stables to fetch Annabelle.

---------- Post added 06-08-2010 at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-07-2010 at 06:03 PM ----------

Yay!!!

When I got there, Annabelle was knitting.

“Annabelle!” I exclaimed, “Guess what?”

“What?” She asked

“First, will you go shopping with me? Second, I got a date with this dreamy guy I met at the stables named Edmund. Third, Cinder-ew-a came this morning.”

“Yes, I have the time. Then, OMG! And shoot. Did she invite you to come along with her?” She asked

“Yeah, but this is our chance to get some designer stuff.” I replied, “Please!”

“Okay, fine, but you owe me!” Annabelle and I rushed back to my manor.

When we got there, Cindy and three of her friends were already in the parlor, gossiping.

“Oh there you are!” Cindy hugged me tightly, “We were worried sick!”

All of her friends nodded in agreement.

“Well, let’s go!” Cindy exclaimed excitedly

The coachman came around with our largest carriage. It could fit about six people, which was good because there were six people.

“Oh my God, Cindy! Did Scott really break up with you?” One of Cindy’s friends asked once we got into the carriage.

“Yeah, but I’m not sad, he didn’t treat me well, anyway. I’m concentrating on Prince Edmund’s ball next week, so I can snag a proposal from him!” Cindy exclaimed

“Princes Edmund is having a ball next week?” I said alarmed

“Uh, yaaah!” Cindy said in her French accent, “The invite came in while you were fetching Annabelle. I guess you have regrets bringing her…”

“No I don’t! I didn’t know he was looking for a bride this soon…” Prince Edmund was just adored by all of the young lasses of the kingdom. He was only 17, about my age, but it was too soon to get married at this age.

“Well, he is and I’m going to be his bride.” Cindy boasted

“Yeah right!” I exclaimed

“You’re going to be wrong, Clara, I have the looks, the fashion, and the perfect life, what guy wouldn’t want me?” Cindy asked
“I’m pretty sure Prince Edmund wouldn’t want you, Cindy!” Annabelle rushed to my defense

“Oh please! You haven’t even met Prince Edmund! He’s totally my type, not yours!” Cindy exclaimed

“Yeah!” Her friends defended

“Well, let’s see about that! I’ll bet you my best clutch that Prince Edmund will fall in love with me!” I exclaimed. I knew it was a long shoot, but it was to get a new clutch from Cindy and to snag the proposal form Princes Edmund.

“And I’ll put in mine too! Thanks for the new clutch, Clara!” Cindy boasted. She was obviously not going to get a proposal from him.

“Well, let’s see about that…” I wanted to keep quiet because one, Mother would be really angry if she found out we were “gambling.” And two, I didn’t want to be like boastful Cindy. I just kept quiet for the rest of the carriage ride.

When we got there, the shops were hustling with young lasses, like me and Cindy, trying to get dibs on designer gowns, shoes, clutches, and jewels for the ball.

We stopped by the shoe store first. Most of the shoes were pretty bland until I saw the most beautiful pair of glass slippers that glistened in the sunlight. They had a small light blue velvet bow to the match the color of the shoes and had some kind of chemical in them to make them bend a little bit. I was surprised that no one had taken them yet because they were absolutely perfect. I tried them on. A size bigger than mine, but it was the best shoes I could find so I paid and went to find a dress.

The dress shop was pretty full. Once I could find a dressmaker, I placed my order for a deep sapphire blue dress to match my shoes. I left as soon as I could, but it was hard because the dress shop was so small and there were at least 25 people hustling to the dress maker. I left to find jewels.

The jewel shop was practically empty, but I saw someone familiar…

“Edmund!” I cried when I saw the familiar face. I rushed right to him.

“Clara! When did you get here?” He asked

“Oh, I’m shopping for Prince Edmund’s ball. My step sister and I made a bet on who would snatch a proposal from him; get the other person’s best clutch.” I explained

“Oh… I heard all of the young lasses are going…” He said quietly. I wonder why he is so mysterious…

“Well, yeah, but…” I held up my shoes, “Aren’t these the best shoes?”

“Yeah… I’m pretty sure Prince Edmund would love them…” Edmund commented. I suddenly had a great idea.

“Hey Edmund, would you like to pick out some jewels you like for me?” I asked

“Uh… sure!” He picked up a light blue Aquamarine necklace. “This would be good with your shoes.”

“Uh huh.” I took the necklace from his hands. He was right! It did go great with my shoes!

“And this b-,” Edmund began

“OMG! It’s Prince Edmund!” Someone squealed. (Probably Cindy)

Last edited:

TreeHuggerPanda

At last, the conclusion!

“Arg, caught… Take this and I’ll meet you tomorrow!” He shoved the bracelet into my hands and ran out the door. I looked at it. It was a silver bracelet with diamonds around the diameter. It was gorgeous. My mouth dropped down to the floor.

“Clara!” Cindy exclaimed, “That was Prince Edmund, why didn’t you chase him?”

I finally came over my shock. “I didn’t know he was Prince Edmund!”

“Are you planning on meeting him before the ball?!” Cindy demanded

“No! I just met him!” I lied. No way was I ruining my chances with a proposal and a new clutch!

“I got my eye on you, Clara. Trying to get on his good list, eh? Well, I will follow you around from now on!” Cindy swore. I shivered. How was I supposed to snag the proposal now?

“Cindy, do you believe in true love?” I asked

“No, only old couples have real true love , since they’ve known each other for so long.” Cindy replied

“Cindy, will do you want to marry Prince Edmund? There are other nobles and their sons who would love to marry you!” I questioned

“I want to marry him because one, he’s so handsome, two, he’s so charming, three, he’s a prince! Four, he’s prefect, like me! Five, I want to become queen.” Cindy gabbed and then gasped. And from that moment on, I knew that Cindy was just going to use Edmund to get rich, become queen, and use Edmund to show him off just because she’s married to him. It was unsafe to continue a relationship with Edmund because of Cindy… curse her.

Exactly one week later, I was born ready. I wore silk sapphire gown, the diamond bracelet, the glass slippers, the aquamarine necklace, and my best clutch. I looked gorgeous. Gwen had no interest in going to the ball because she had a boyfriend and they loved each other a lot, so it was just me and Cindy. I waited in the parlor for Cindy to go to the carriage. She wore a pink satin pink gown with pink bows in her hair. She wore no jewels except her necklace that was a purple amethyst and had her best clutch with her.

“Get ready to give that clutch up!” Cindy mocked. She sat right next to me and Mother came in.

“I want you two back at midnight, or I shall never let you two out of the house again!” Mother threated

“Why exactly midnight, Mother?” I asked

“I don’t know, it seems like the story’s plot should go this way, so I say midnight.” Mother replied. I rolled my eyes. “Now, enjoy yourselves.”

“Thank you Mother, we will be back at midnight!” Cindy and I hugged Mother and we were on our way.

When we got there, the lights and the glistening jewels practically blinded me, but I saw Prince Edmund trying to make his way over to me.

“…Hello...” I choked as he walked towards me.

“Hello, Clara, would you like to dance?” He asked politely. I nodded yes.

Ohhhh! We danced the whole night away! But the stupid clock struck midnight!

“Clara! Clara! The clock, we have to go now!” Cindy screamed at me. I rushed down to the carriage, but I fell, but I kept running.

“So, did you dance with the prince?” I teased

“Hey, I would have if he wasn’t so allured by your pixie magic!” Cindy cried in defense

“He asked me to dance. I didn’t ask him! So give me that clutch, now!” I demanded

“Fine, but you’ll pay!” Cindy handed me her clutch. I looked down and saw one of my shoes was missing.

Oh no! I thought, hopefully it fell into the right hands…

Cindy grinned evilly.

The next morning, a messenger of the castle came to our house with my missing shoe.

“The prince is looking for his bride that wore this glass slipper last night.” The messenger announced and held up my shoe.

“Hey that’s my shoe!” I exclaimed. I was going to be the Prince’s bride! I stepped forward for the messenger to put the shoe on my foot.

“No, sweetie, the Prince knew his bride had trouble walking in these shoes, so he wanted to find the person who has the other shoe.” The messenger explained.

“Goody!” I squealed, “Wait here!”

I went up to Gwen’s/my room to fetch the other shoe.

“I have the other pair!” Someone chimed.

I immediately went downstairs and saw Cindy holding up my shoe. My jaw dropped wide open.

“No! You little brat! You stole it from me!” I barked

“Hey, the man said that whoever had the shoe gets to be the prince’s bride.” Cindy shrugged her shoulders.

“I’m afraid she’s right…” The messenger sighed, “The prince will now see his bride!”

I’m afraid that’s the end to the true story. I’m sure the paparazzi twisted the whole story so they made you believe that Cinderella was an innocent young lass, but the only true thing was she ended up with the prince. But I should tell you what happened to everyone else.

Mother pretty much loved her husband until the end, they lived happily ever after.

Gwen married her boyfriend and inherited the manor when Mother and her husband died.

Annabelle bought a dress shop and worked there until her fingers became numb. It was very successful.

Cindy and Prince Edmund, well, let’s just say they didn’t live happily ever after.
As for me, well, I got invited to another prince’s ball very far away. He chose me as his bride and we lived happily ever after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom