• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Childhood Ocarina of Time --> Majora's Mask --> Twilight Princess

F

Frost038

Ok, so I was doing some research and playing OOT and TP and knowing basic facts about MM I came up with the fallowing, bare with me.
At the end of OOT Childhood: Ganondorf taken in and executed by the Hyrulian's, upon fail because Ganondorf can only be killed with the Master Sword, he then was banished to the Dark Realm.

After that, Link still being young, and having lost Navi in the time travel Link went searching in the Lost Woods starting the events of Majora’s Mask.
After that, he returned to Hyrule and married Malon (explained later)
Later, Malon dies and Link again searches the Lost Woods and is eventually turned into a Stalfos (being a Hyrulian in Lost Woods)
Then after so long, happen the events of Twilight Princess

I mentioned before that Malon and OOT Link married, well if you notice, in the beginning of TP, Link and his Uncle own a RANCH/FARM so as the family business, it is passed down, TP Link is born into a Ranch/Farm heritage.

The Hero's Shade and where he fits in: Going from the fact that TP Link is a How-ever-grate Grand Son of OOC Link, if the Hero’s blood passes down, having the Hero’s Shade first appear in the form of a Golden Wolf and having TP Link able to transform to a wolf would make sense to this theory. Further evidence is that the Hero's Shade appears to be holding the Guilded Sword and the Mirror Shield.

Thanks for reading, i would like it if you posted your own evidence and also the Flaw's in this theory.
Thanks again :D

One flaw in that is Link doesn't have an uncle in TP. Also the reason Ganondorf wasn't killed was because he had obtained the triforce of power, so the blow wasn't enough to kill him. Thats what people don't realise, the master sword is not the only weapon that can kill him, the silver arrows can aswell. Another reason why not only the master sword can kill him, i think they would have known the master sword would be the only way to kill him if that was the case, so they just used there own sword.

To be honest i highly doubt Link and Malon got married, because i don't even think Link went back to Hyrule after Majora's Mask, i reckon he just searched more lands and saved more people.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
First of all, the Hero's Shade is not a Stalfos, he's a shade (a ghost).

And his sword and shield look absolutely nothing like the Gilded Sword and Mirror Shield.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I mentioned before that Malon and OOT Link married, well if you notice, in the beginning of TP, Link and his Uncle own a RANCH/FARM so as the family business, it is passed down, TP Link is born into a Ranch/Farm heritage.
Fado is not Link's uncle. They each have their own home and their relationship is never explained aside from employee/employer. Fado owns the ranch, so if anyone is Malon's descendant, it's him. Link just happens to work there.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
Link is the only one in Ordon Village who has pointed ears, isn't he? I don't think he's related to anyone there.

skybird11

state alchemist
TP link doesn't have to be related to anyone from past games so his ancestory is unknown. that means he has no connection with the hero's shade other than being his succesor. also, ganondorf is sent to the twilight realm, not the dark realm. there's a differance.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
TP link doesn't have to be related to anyone from past games so his ancestory is unknown. that means he has no connection with the hero's shade other than being his succesor.
The Hero's Shade says that they share the same bloodline.

"At last, the skills I have to teach you have entered the realm of true secrecy. They are forgotten ways that do not leave our bloodline."
- Hero's Shade

F

Fool

Impossible. Skull Kids are created when Kokiri children get lost in the Lost Woods. Link is a Hylian; he would become a Stalfos if he became lost.

Nope regular children become skull kids when they are lost in the Lost Woods without a fairy. Adults turn into Stalfos.

C

cvBon

I don't think Link got lost, he found Termina, and he probably found his way around, and like Link's Awakening, he probably went sailing, and went on to travel the world, and was never seen again. He was the hero of time, and funny enough, it was proven in MM mostly because he manipulated time with his Ocarina. Legends passed of this, and though he probably lived out and died, wherever, and I will assume centuries passed since before TP
Centuries passed, I assume, because one, the temple of time, not because it was moved -assuming its just because of game design, but because it was in ruins, and two because Midna was a descendant of the tribe that was banished to that realm, assuming then it was a long time ago when the Twilight was being used to imprisoning people. Also, you can say that perhaps Ganondorf was finally subdued not after OofT but after other encounters (ie other Zelda games).... If you believe that OoT was the first incident of Ganon being shown, then all the other times it's Ganon's re-manifestation...
But back on track here... after some time, the TP story is told, and I think the first Link was reincarnated as the Link in TP, as was Zelda, and well, Ganondorf, lol, never dies really. Then after all the fighting and what-not and finally once again, he was "destroyed" and Hyrule goes back into it's peace. And I think then, the people assumed the same link would come back, the time traveling hero, as "if he appeared out of no where" they assumed he would always return due to the fact he could travel in time (in a sense) though he never showed. And then the world was doomed, and flooded and thus we have... the story, of the wind waker.

But that's just my theory ^^
But I do agree... it's Ocarina of time, immediately after is Majoras mask.. (I think some other ones after like Link's Awakening) then.. generations pass and then, finally, from where ever he came from, the courageous Link is reborn.

The Malon Theory

In Ocarina of Time, there are a lot of females. I was thinking about which one would be right for Link, after reading a thread, and thought... Malon. Well first off, she's the only major character female who doesn't turn into a sage. But then after thinking a bit, it hit me. This could also explain some events in Twilight Princess, too. This would explain why Link has the adult version of Epona and why he works on a ranch. What are your guy's opinion on this? Is this a good theory?

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Ok, here is another thing to enhance the validity of your theory. If you have played Twilight Princess, you know that Link works on a ranch. Now, we can assume that one of the parents was a rancher or had farm experience, and as this is a sequel to MM, we can specualte that OoT Link married Malon and had the TP Link. Now, it is said that this father figure didn't stick around and the mother is unknown in the game, but we know that the "Hero's Shade" might be Link from OoT in Stalfos form. If you need clarification on the Stalfos/Shade theory, just look for a thread in Zelda theory :) Very plausible theory and I will stand with you in saying it is most likely that OoT Link marries Malon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom