• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Childhood Memories

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
What are some things you remember from childhoood? And the definition of "childhood" may vary to people of different ages, but I'll place no upper or lower limit on it. The memory can be good, bad, or just random.

Some background for mine: the house I grew up in had a huge fenced-in yard. It had some pine trees in it but the back half was mostly empty. However, some smaller trees had grown up in the back corner that were actually climbable. My sister and I used this area as a "base" whenever we played outside.

For some reason, today I remembered my child-size tool set that had a fairly decent working saw. When I first got it, I went to that back corner and started sawing off smaller branches. Eventually I got ambitious, climbed up on a branch, and started sawing off a thicker one. I patiently plugged away at it until it got to the point that it finally broke off.

At which point I tumbled out of the tree, because the branch I sawed was the same one I was sitting on and I wasn't sitting on the part closest to the tree trunk. Luckily, I wasn't very far off the ground and so this does not turn into a broken bone story. :right:

Anyone else?

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
My memories always consist of my sister and I going to my friend Summers house (which was just a block away, with our driveway we got there always in at least 3 minutes) and us playing in her pool or running around. and when the years went on we would start a fire and roast marshmellows as the cricket sang... It was nice.
My saddest was when Summer had to leave...
My randomest has to be last month when my sister thought she left her phone in my moms car so we drove to my moms work. and to cut it short my moms work thought we were stealing my moms car... :D that was awesome and funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom