• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ChargewithSword's Author Interviews

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Welcome to my author interviews. This is a bunch of G-rated interviews I've made with Zelda Dungeon's fine authors (I'll be up there when I find someone to interview me :P)
Now sit back and enjoy. If you want to participate, contact Chargewithsword.

First Interview: Formerly Xeldimus, but now Atsuma.

Charge: What got you into writing?

Atsuma: Well, I remember I bought a notebook for school, then as I sat there inside my room I noticed a pen and picked it up. I remembered I had bought a notebook and decided to just write something at random. I came up with some silly war story where my friends from school and myself were the heroes. I showed it to them when I went to school. It was not too well written, as I had never attempted a story before, but they liked it. After they told me how good it was and all that, I kept writing and coming up with different ideas for stories. Soon I got more than friends hooked up with them, my teachers and other guys and girls from school started to like them. Up til now, I've kept writing and here we are atm.

Charge: Wow that story must've been the bomb (bad pun). So what Genre would you think you are best suited to write with?

Atsuma: Genre? Well, I think action adventure does it for me, and role play, mixed with some romance. Basically I like writing adventures for many characters, I pit them in situations that tend to be fun and tend to have the reader on the edge of their seat wanting to see what happens next.

Here on ZD forums I mix it a little since I have to use material from Zelda, which is good, lots of readers interested in reading fan fics.

Charge: What is the normal personality you give your main characters?

Atsuma: Good question. Well, since I tend to write action adventure, I tend to lean for the good guy. I try to make the main character somewhat of a hero, a peaceful being who has trouble just as everyone else. I tend to make him lawful, protective of others and caring for what is right.

*People have said I tend to make god-like main characters but that is not true, I know that if I did make something like that, the story would not go anywhere. And besides, the main character always tends to survive danger through out the story, that is why they are known as the main character. Anyway, you might be surprised with what I have in store in my next story.*

Charge: When you've written new stories have you ever thought, "I've written a story like this before."

Atsuma: No. Every story is different from all the rest. Every story for me has a new beginning and a different ending, along with an assortment of new stuff and ideas crammed in the middle, like a sandwich.

Charge: What made you want to write Zelda fan fiction when you haven't played many Zelda games?

Atsuma: The whole Wind Waker world is what got me involved. WW is the only game I have played, and so since I love the characters, I decided to start writing using the world and some of the characters too.

Charge: Have you any intention to play future Zelda games?

Atsuma: Yes of course. I made some sort of promise to myself that if Mr. Mosley changed my name, that I would buy other Zelda games, and so I will. I have WW here with my sister, where I am staying atm, but I can't find a controller, and so once I buy one, I will finish the game. (Never have finished it)

Charge: How hard do you find it to stick to one story? (laugh) I know it's very hard for me to stay on one story for long.

Atsuma: If you don't think beforehand about what you will write about, you will have a hard time keeping the story moving. I tend to make plans for it beforehand, like who will be in it, what is the plot about, who dies, who lives, etc. Once I get all that down, I make a time line of events that helps me a lot when writing. I divide that time line into chapters and go from there, the ideas of characters speaking and performing actions just come to me naturally after I have done the hardest part.

*I know I haven't finished a full story yet, but Rise of the Dragir will be the end of those that I did not finish. When that is done, I will feel complete.

Charge: Finale Question: What do you have to say to all aspiring Zelda and non-zelda writers out there?

Atsuma: Well, my advice to them would be simple. Never give up, never surrender. To infinity and beyond. This means that even if they get stuck in some project, they should not give up on it. ponder on stuff, jot down those terrific ideas that suddenly tend to come to mind, work them out and attempt to write them as best as they can. No one writes a perfect story in the first attempt, it will take time and skill to master it.

Thank you, ChargewithSword.

Charge: You too dude.

Rise of the Dragir is here, check it out now!

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Lol, that was a lot of fun, Charge. I appreciate it and I also appreciate you leaving a link to the sign up thread. XD In the future I hope others get interviewed too, I will be delighted to read other's thoughts on stuff.

Maybe for your next project you can ask writers what they think of other ZD writer's works, style, etc.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
2nd Interview with Master Kokiri 9.

Charge: What Inspired you to start writing?

Kokiri: Well, I guess I owe that to the various Zelda fan fics around the internet. After reading so many amazing Zelda fan fics, I decided to take a shot for myself.

Charge: What is the message you are trying to give with your fic?

Kokiri: The main message I'm trying to give in my fan fic is a sense of adventure.

Charge: Do you attempt to put romance into your fic? If not, then what do you think of other fan fics that put heavy emphasis into romance over adventure?

Kokiri: I am not attempting to put romance into my fic. And from my personal standpoint, romance is fine and dandy in Zelda fan fics but it should be balanced with other elements such as adventure.

Charge: What Zelda game gives you the best sense of adventure in your opinion? Does this game influence your writing as well?

Kokiri: Out of all of the Zelda games, I'd say it's a tie between Wind Waker and Legend of Zelda that had the best sense of adventure. And actually, the both of them influence my writing. However, the original Legend of Zelda sort of works in concert with Adventure of Link in influencing my writing.

Charge: What have you done lately that has you feeling like you improved your writing?

Kokiri: Lately I've been much more descriptive in my stories than I have in the past. I still have trouble with being descriptive enough, but I've actually improved a bit from the past in descriptiveness.

Charge: What is your opinion for when an author tries to get his fans involved in his writing?

Kokiri: I like the idea of an author having his readers directly involved in his writing, having participated in that sort of thing myself. It's a rather unique idea and it gets the readers even more interested in the story.

Charge: What more do you think could be done with making your fan fiction come to life with a roar?

Kokiri: There could be quite a bit done to help my fan fic "come to life with a roar" as you put it. For one, I could polish up what is already posted and give a wee bit more detail. Another is some good advertisement in siggies. And a good plot twist or something extremely unexpected could indeed help out with bringing my fan fic to life.

Final Question: If your fic had an intro song, what song do you think would convey the feelings of your fic best?

Kokiri: That sure is tough. I don't know many non video game songs, so I guess the one that would convey the feelings best would probably be the original Legend of Zelda title theme (fully orchestrated of course!). It starts off feeling actually somewhat ominous and quickly turns to something very marchy and triumphant, which is the feeling I'm trying to incorperate into my fan fic.
--
Check out Kokiri 9's Newest Fan fic- Legend of Zelda: A Link to Death

Join us next time for another author interview. Chao.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Excellent interview, I enjoyed reading through all that. I wonder who is next. I will be keeping an eye out for more interviews, good job, Charge, and you too, Kokiri.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
3rd Interview; this time with renowned author, Shadsie.

Charge: It's an honor to interview you Shadsie. Let's get this started. When you make a story, what do you do to make your characters come to life?

Shadsie: I suppose I think about my own emotions and experiences - about people I've met and how they react to things, about myself and how I'd react to some event or issue. For canon characters (such as Link and Zelda in my LoZ stories), I try to think about how they would handle something, while combining it with my own thoughts - (an example of this would be giving Link some strong emotions while remembering that he's a lot braver than I am).

Charge: What do you think is the best way to connect with your audience?

Shadsie: Get them to cry? I don't know... that's a tough one. I always really like it, though, when someone tells me that a story of mine made them cry (or laugh, or scared them a little, depending upon what I was going for). Writing-wise, I think the key is in portraying emotion and realistic reations in the characters. For instance, I find it realistic if one character is greiving another's death, but don't find them immediately turning to sucide or "never getting over it" realistic - because, for most people, time heals wounds and life will go on. I read too many fics like that and try to be a little more realistic in my own writing.

In the case of actually "connecting with my audience" as in, replying and reacting to reviwers? Is that what you meant? I find the best way to do that is to be honest and polite.

Charge: What themes do you like to put in your story?

Shadsie: I like philosophical themes, contemplative things. I seem to particularly like using the idea of "small bits of heroism" - things that characters do that aren't immediately recognized. I based an orignal novel on that kind of thing - "quiet, little things that have a ripple effect," but in the context of LoZ fic, I'll touch on little things random characters do to help the Hero on his way - things that enable him to be heroic - in other words "The Hero gets by with a little help from his friends," or as I've had Link say in my short "An Artist in Ordon" - "We all save each other." I've also used supernatual themes in some of my stories - themes of death and ghosts. I like tackling things from unusual perpsectives.

Charge: What genre would you consider the most of your work to follow?

Shadsie: Fantasy, I guess. All my original work of any note is Fantasy. As far as fan-fiction, well, the Legend of Zelda itself is Fantasy already - I think most of my fan fiction is in a general Drama vein. I've done a lot of Tragedy, Horror and Spiritual/Philosophical, but most of that condenses down into Drama -- aside from the usual Fantasy elements that make up Zelda.

Charge: What do you think is most important to you? Getting the plot done, or dragging it on to expand character?

Shadsie: Getting the plot done, definitely. When I get an idea for a story, I just want to get all the themes and little situations in my head out there. If one of my stories is complete, I generally do not create a sequel, even if reviewers want a sequel. When one of my stories is done - it's just done, that's it. Every plot idea I have has a certain amount of "oomph" to it and if I try to drag it beyond its particuular "oomph," the plot will begin to decay. Most of my fan fictions are one-shot stories for this very reason.

Charge: What is your opinion of the rise of fan fic writer in our fair forums?

Shadsie: I haven't read everything our forums, but, in general, I think it's great. Some of what I have read has been stuff that wouldn't be welcomed well elsewhere (referring to the stories that have author self-inserts and characters based upon forum members), but I think people in some places on the Internet take fan fiction way too seriously. I'd just caution that writers of such stories be mindful of the "inside" nature of some of the forum-based stuff so that they don't get hurt by flamers on other sites and forums. Some people forget that fan fiction is supposed to be fun and I think it's great that people are expressing themselves and having fun.

Charge: What fan fiction are you most proud of? What do you think you got right in that story, that you wanted to try again in another?

Shadsie: That's hard to say. I run between thinking my work is brilliant and seeing all the imperfections in it. I really like other people to tell *me* what stories of mine they liked. However, I must say I have some special favorites.

I like "Slaugthering the Goat." It's a TP fic with an odd title. For those who haven't read it, it's a speculation upon the childhood of Twilight Princess Link - particularly about him losing his parents, an epidemic, and the people of the village having to slaugther their livestock to survive a hard winter. I think this is one of my better works because I did a lot to give humanity to Link.

I also like "Wolfhide," another TP fic because it is shocking and scary. It plays with a theme that I was surprised not to see written before I came along and wrote it: One of Link's friends killing him in wolf-form because they do not know it is him. Because of some of the details in it, it is a story I recommend only to people who enjoy horror.

I am... strangely and strongly proud of "The Great Desert." I think I like this one so much because I co-wrote it with a friend. We roleplayed the basic story out in AIM, then I wrote the story out, making some changes, and consulted with my friend chapter-by-chapter. She wrote the first parts of Chapter 2 before I became impaitient awaiting her slow pace and said "Do you want me to go ahead and write this and I'll just consult you?" And, it worked. I am expounding upon this because I cannot take full credit for the story. It was Lilith who came up with the character Cecelia, for instance, and with the rather unusual orgins of the Triforce Goddesses. Now, I really like this story because it is so unusual. It's an alternate universe type of story - a "new age Hyrule" that, unlike most stories of that stripe I've seen, takes a Western theme. It's actually Western/Fantasy with Science Fiction touches. As I've said, very weird. I like very much that my co-writer and I were able to take this theme (I'd come up with the basic idea) and actually make it somewhat coherent (your milage may vary). I liked the worldbuilding I did in it - essentially creating a new kind of Hyrule from scratch - and referencing multiple games as part of its history. I liked that our Link and Zelda were the same Hero and Princess of the legends, yet we had the freedom to make them our own characters ("orignal Link and Zelda.") I'd definitely like to do something this weird/au/ and worldbuilding heavy again if I get any good ideas.

Final Question: What do you have to say to those aspriing writers out there?

Shadsie: If you really believe in your ideas, don't be afraid to write them. Ignore flamers, don't let them grind you down. Learn to take constructive criticsm, too - not every negative comment on a story is an attack on you, and if someone is giving you some cordial, genuine advice to improve - consider it, then decide whether or not you wish to follow it. In the end, it is up to you. It also helps to love to read - when you read fiction, you learn about plot structures and devices, and use of language. Most of all - keep writing. The only way you'll improve at it is the only way you'll improve at anything - practice, practice, practice.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Another Solid interview, Charge. Good job Shadsie, I like your view on things and your ideas.

I wonder who comes next in the interview list. Keep it up.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
These are good. I like reading them. Keep up the questioning. lol.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
First of the Newest Interviews. A warm welcome to DIN AKERA!

Charge: What inspired you to write?

Din: Originally, i began writing because my mind was simply making up stories. I would put together massive plots and characters. So began to write them down because otherwise I would forgetthem, and i liked my stories I wanted to keep them. Though I never shared them, they were for me. Something taht I did and would go back and read over when i wanted to. It was a couple members of this site that were my inspiration to write one to be shared.

Charge: What was your first fic and how do you feel about it?

Din: Zelda fic? It is titled "Hero of Time" It is my version of Ocarina of Time. There is some plot twisting, change of the order of things, changes to the map, and a whole pile of characterizations, but it does follow the game loosely.
I have mixed feelings about it. I love it, is my first response. But I have be 'working on it' for the last 2 years. It is incomplete. I have written the entire fic in my head, but not wrote it down or spiced it up as I do while I write it out. So in a sense i am disappointed with it as well. Though if I ever do finish it, it will be one of my best.

Charge: What genres do you consider most of your stories?

Din: Action/romance. I am an R-rated writer, but I censor myself for posting in PG type threads/forums

Charge: What's been the best situation you think you've written in your stories and what makes you so proud of it?

Din: That's a tough question. The best situation, I would say would be one of my battle scenes. The one most recent in my mind is one I just posted, from "The Wanderers" the fight scene against the Demon of Wisdom, also known as Twinrova.

Charge: Do you listen to music when you are trying to get into the mood of what you are writing? If so then what type of music do you think best suits your stories when you are writing them?

Din: No, never. It is very difficult for me to focus on the story if there is background noise. (music/TV/people) When it is quite, my thoughts just flow beautifully. I get in the mood myself. I get very excited over writing when ideas come to me. It is not difficult to get in the mood.

Charge: When you write a story, do you like to drag it on so you can develop character or skip around to the action?

Din: Sort of both. All of my stories are quite long. I try very hard not to drag it out, but they are long anyway. This is partly do to the amount of description I include, but I try very hard not to write anything that doesn't need to be there so that is doesn't drag out. But I will never cut corners to get to what I want to in the finished product. But when I am actually writing, if i really want to write the action scene i will simply jump and write it. Then I will go back to where i left off and write everything in between that needs to be there. But the finished product will have more dragging than skipping.

Charge: How do you make each character stand out from the rest when you are writing big fics with a large cast?

Din: This is one of the hardest things to do. I try and give each character a distinctive physical trait and personality trait. That way, as the author you can reference that/those trait(s) and the audience will come to remember the character form the description or actions performed by the character.

Charge: Final Question; do you ever plan to move to different genres in the future? If so how do you plan to approach them?

Din: I have not planned on it. I like my genre and I have no struggle to write in it. BUt I know that i should try other styles and make myself a well rounded writer.
I guess, to approach it, I would read other writers work in the style to understand how it is really done and obtain some ideas about how it can be done well. THen I would try to apply what I learned from that to my work. It would e a rocky road at first, but i would work at it. I would post and ask for feedback to help me further, and then go and re-work the piece.
That would be my plan.

Charge: Well, thank you for the interview Din, it's been a pleasure.

Din: No problem, and thank-you very much Charge.

Be sure to check out Din's Fan fic: The Wanderers

Din Akera

Sniper
Cool! Thanks Charge for putting the link in there to my fic. Reading over it now I see all my typos during the interview! lol
I liked reading the other interviews as well. Brilliant idea!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Our next interview is for.... ME :)
(Thanks to Xinnamin.)

Xinn: What initially made you interested in writing?

Charge: My interest in writing peaked after playing a certain video game called Fatal Frame, the story intruiged me so much and my fantasies had taken a new turn. I couldn't contain myself and I had chosen to write the story out. Though I never finished it, I intend to make new stories with a goal of being a good author/director.

Xinn: What genre do you feel you are the best at, or the most comfortable with, and why?

Charge: Adventure. I can not stand how the majority of the media today is filled with romance. (It's not that I hate romance or anything, it's just that enough is enough.) So I put out good old fanshion adventures, with only a slight bit of romance in them, if any at all.

Xinn: Have you ever tried branching out past your comfort zone and write in a brand new style or genre? If so, how did it turn out? If not, do you ever plan to?

Charge: At first, I was a very dark writer who wrote too much darkness. So I stretched out my hand in order to put out lighter stuff. For example: I have a Fan fiction called "The Little Waterbender". In there I put too much darkness than either Avatar or TLM had, so then I attempted to get much more lighthearted action with my writing, and I suceeded. The problem is that trying to stray away from darkness takes a toll on my thought process. However, I feel like I have reached a balance with my new Legend of Zelda fiction. Let's hope it stays that way.

Xinn: Do you ever find it difficult to stay with one story and keep your focus?

Charge: Oh yes, oh dear god, yes. I have so many ideas in my head that I want to put them all out, the problem is that it's too much work, and if I ever get an idea in my head I would want to do it. My Waterbender fiction and my Fatal Frame fiction have fallen to this (though I am trying to restart the Waterbender fic so I can try fresh.) I do think that if I make a fantasy fic like Zelda though, I can keep my concentration because I always have such determination with fantasy, despite the temptation.

Xinn: So, where does the majority of your inspiration come from, and what is your main motivation to write?

Charge: From fantasy authors of days long past. I have often felt it best to try and bring an epic sense of adventure back into the literary world and I find that looking at their work helps me. From Tolkien's word plays and songs, to Robert Jordan's thick details and developed characters.

Xinn: What do you think is the best way of bringing characters to life, adding flavor to a story, and making the audience connect?

Charge: Having characters with different personalities interact with each other. It allows each one to converse with the other and show the audience who they are. For example, you see Link and Compi arguing with each other in my fan fiction. Link is a hero who doesn't understand that there is more than meets the eye. Compi is a fairy who doesn't like to be pushed around by anyone who is not Zelda. I try to bring out these traits during their first conversation by having Link misunderstand her power, thus igniting her anger towards him. Him being leader doesn't help the situation either.

Xinn: What is your opinion of more unorthodox writing styles, such as breaking the fourth wall, self-insertions, or usage of other real life people in a fanfiction?

Charge: Well breaking the fourth wall can be funny in a fic if it isn't done in a silly manner that isn't obvious (Ex: LOLZ, get it?) I also find self inserting for a fic to have a self inserting unless it is done in a inconspicuous manner that you can point out easily. There is also doing it for gags, then I really don't mind. (It's been done before; I just like it to be done in a good manner.) As for using real life people, it depends on the fic. If the fic is taking place in our world then I don't mind, but if it's in a fantasy setting then I don't like it at all.

Xinn: Final question. What advice do you have for beginning or aspiring writers out there?

Charge: Keep going, follow your dreams as far as your desires take you. Make the world of your dreams come to life in a way that you can put a smile to everyone who reads it. Learn to tell the difference from a critique and outright flaming for it will help you build up humility and become a better writer. Always proofread your work and you'll find yourself going far. Remember, a story is never done; you just finished part of the tale. The story ends when you do.

Check out my fan fic, Legend of Zelda: The Shade's Mirror

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Let's get started with this newest interview: HeroofTime!

Charge: What inspired you to start writing?

Hero: Well, I always have thoughts about stories in my mind but I never started writing them until about a year ago. Also, I like to see what I can come up with starting with just a broad plot.

Charge: What genre of fic do you work with? What is it about that genre that you feel allows you to work your best?

Hero: My genre is action/adventure with a sliver of romance. Kinda like every Zelda game. I work my best with it probably because a lot of the books I read and other video games I play are in that genre, so I'm used to it.

Charge: What Zelda game do you feel inspires your writing the most, and why is that?

Hero: Wind Waker. It is a sequel to Phantom Hourglass, but a lot of the characters I'm using started in Wind Waker. Also, I really liked the atmosphere of Wind Waker. I liked how even in the darkest points there was always a light side.

Charge: How do you feel it best to connect to your audience?

Hero: I try to make the book sort of come alive so the audience gets into it. If the part of the book is kinda boring then I try even more to make them feel into it.

Charge: Do you find it difficult to stay with one story when writing it?

Hero: Actually, yes. I have like 5 more ideas of stories I write. But, I'm gonna stick with this one because I have always quit before but now I'm determined to write a full-sized book about this one.

Charge: What do you think is the best thing to put into a character? A charming personality? A logical demeanor? An undying ambition? Etc.

Hero: The best thing to put in a character is something that really shows who they are. Like for Link it's determination and courage. For Tetra is smart ideas and plans. For Linebeck it's greed and narcissism.

Charge: When you make a fan fic do you think it is better to drag the story on or to get straight to the action?

Hero: Well, I would like to make it a long story with a lot of action. The most there will be is 2 or 3 chapters without some real action. But it won't be dragged out. That would make it way to boring for the readers' enjoyment.

Charge: Do you ever plan to return to your fics in the future to edit them to the design you'd think best fit you? Sorta like a director's cut.

Hero: I probably will. This is first fan-fic so we'll see. Or I could do kinda like a Master Quest type of thing but with a book.

Be sure to check Herooftime's latest fic: The Wind Waker 2

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Time for them interviews once again, this time the victim is TREEHUGGERPANDA!

Charge: What inspired you to do fan fiction?

Panda: I really, really, really, really, really love writing and Legend of Zelda, so even writing fan fiction about Legend of Zelda is even better! But what usually inspires me, is that questions that are leaved unanswered in the game. I usually anser those questions by writing about them and putting my own twist on them

Charge: What themes do you try to convey when you are making a story and why?

Panda: I like to bring together that warm, family feeling and make the story sound more like life because I really want the reader to relate to the characters I write about.

Charge: Why do you feel that family is an important theme that could fit for Zelda?

Panda: I feel that family has an importance in Legend of Zelda because in most cases, the characters I write about don't have much of a family, so writing a theme about family will give Legend of Zelda the thing it's missing-family.

Charge: Do you feel the best bonding moments in a fan fic are the ones without thoughts or spoken out dialogue?

Panda: Not really, sometimes body language (hugging, hand on shoulder, ect.) can bond people together, but sometimes dialog can prove people can bond together by words (saying you're sorry, saying "I love you," ect.)

Charge: When you create a fan fiction do you find yourself struggling to keep a single goal in mind for how chapters need to go?

Panda: Yes, it's really hard to not overwrite, but yet not to write to little each chapter. I usually like to write with a lot of detail, so it's really hard to know how to end chapters at the right moments when there is a conflict going on with the characters.

Charge: Do you believe in dragging on a story to expand onto your cast, or quickening the pace so you don't lose your audience?

Panda: I believe in both. You always do not want to lose the interest of your audience, but you want a wide variety of characters to make up your story. It's very important to not lose your readers, but you still have to once in a while add in a character to make your fan fic. more interesting.

Charge: What do you think is the best way to handle a fan fiction that has been littered with too many characters and is starting to drag because of it?

Panda: The best way to handle a fan fic with too many characters is to drop a few unimportant character that are not very important to the story conflict. If you must keep them, then have some of the less important character to make only cameo appearances. A story can only have so many characters before you go overboard.

Charge: Final question: Do you ever plan to go back to your older work and remake it to fit your needs that you feel you couldn't fulfill?

Panda: Yes. I usually write more than one fan fic. at a time because of the ideas I have. For some of them, I connect with some of my fan fics, but others, I have to start a new one. So I plan on going back to some of my older work as soon as I finish the one I am currently writing. When I usually give up and start a new one and go back to it later, I make a few significant changes, but most of the story line is the same.

Charge: Alright, it's been a treat interviewing you Panda. You were a hard nut to crack at first, but you eventually opened up near the end.

Panda: Thanks.. wait a minute... when did we end up talking about nuts? Oh never mind... thanks for interviewing me. It was really fun!

Be sure to check out Panda's newest fic: Tetra, the Unknown Princess

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This time we have another special guest... K4KING! (I am especially proud of this one; thank you K4.)

Charge: What inspired you take up writing fan fiction?

K4: I was inspired to write a fanfic because of my love of reading. Reading exposes the mind and let's it wander. When a mind is in the state of thinking, imagining and analyzing, Ideas and expressions are made. Combine those and a whole new world is born. And a new world needs to be explored.

Another reason i want to make a fanfic is because of my spare time.

Charge: What was it about Zelda that appealed to you so much that you wanted to write for it?

K4: Zelda has many aspects that appeal to me, One of them is a deep sense of heroism. A story can be adventurous and heroic, or it can be Dark and mysterious. I wrote a Zelda fanfic because of it's sense of Heroism and Adventure. Plus, I've been planning these for a long time, since last year. I did not have the guts to make one, because of my studies.

And now that I have some free time, I can write my fanfic. I hope to finish it by the end of the year. Hopefully.

Charge: What do you think is the best way to draw on the themes of adventure and bring them to life in your story?

K4: Adventure is a kind of theme that shows the experience and surroundings of a protagonist. It also shows the events that is about to happen once the protagonist takes action. I do my story in a different way. I don't concentrate on the Hero, but I concentrate on the Antagonist as well. See, if we know both sides, we get a deeper understanding of what is taking place.

I also like to retain a mystery and in the story, either by using a plot device or maybe a by making lines that are incomplete. A mystery makes us curious. Curious is what drives us today. If we are curious, we want to know, if we want to know, we search and read. If we search and read, we understand. Once we understand, we want to know more and more.

Adventure also needs a wonderful description. I try to describe my story in the greatest detail, though I find it too long if i were to describe everything fully.

Charge: How do you like to make the rising action lead up to the climax?

K4: I prefer a chain reaction leading to the Climax. But i can alter it and create a new path, say a event done a few episodes back is used to make the events leading to the Climax. There are many possibilities so I can't really decide on what way will I use. Hopefully by the time I reach a certain point, I will have the answer.

I tend to add some comedy in my fanfic, though some people will get the reference. And hopefully, others will enjoy my fanfic as well.

Charge: When you finalize the climax how long do you usually proceed with the falling action?

K4: As for the Falling action, I like to express in detail on the aftermath of the climax. Seeing the great climax has happened, It will take some time for me to finalize the Faling action. Afterall, A story needs to be reread and contemplated on and on.

Whenever I think of my fanfic, I am thinking of new ways to entertain the reader while providng a dark, mysterious yet comical story. I want the reader to kick back and be entertained.

Charge: When you are making a story how do you find yourself being able to balance the light and the dark?

K4: Balancing the dark and the Light force is a tough job. I meditate and use my life experience on how severe the dark forces can be, and how kind and protective are the Forces of Light. It is sometimes easy to figure out when a force is too much overpowered, but other times, you can't tell if it is too hard.

I find the dark side more appealing to be honest. I have had experiences with the misdeeds of others and that's what makes it so easy for me to figure out what to type.

Charge: As a person who appeals to the dark side more than the light, how do you often feel when you make a story where you find yourself having to make a light ending in order to appeal to the audience? If you try to avoid those then give us your opinions of them.

K4: If i were to be forced to write a good winning against evil, I would be outraged. I make my endings according on how the story goes. If the story leads to a bad ending, so be it. If it is a good ending, then fine. An ending is supposed to be decided by the writer, not the reader. Come to think of it, there are NO bad or good endings. The readers are the ones who perceive the ending if it is good or bad.

Everyone has views. That's why for some people, a certain good ending can actually be a bad ending to the other. That's because of the division of interest. A person who loves all heroes would prefer a good ending. This is also applied in the reverse. So endings are only decided BY the viewers, but ONLy the author knows the true meaning behind the ending, Whether the ending has a benefit to the antagonist or the hero.

Charge's Last Question: What plans for the future do you have, for both your Zelda and non Zelda fiction? Do you plan to step into different themes or perhaps write out different kinds of characters as the time goes by?

K4: As for the future, The Great Azure is the limit! I can come up with other fanfics! I can make more! I would make a dark themed fanfic, but I think that would be removed It would be gory, too much for other members who are still children.

Writing is something that never stops. Once you start, you have to continue on, till the end. Once a world is born, the world will continue to live, as long as the writer has the inspiration for it. I believe I have the inspiration. I write, therefore, I am a writer. I want to express what is suppressed, which would me my desire to tell a world....about Zelda.

As long inspiration loves me like a mother caring for it's baby, I will Write! This is Zelda!

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Victory Thy name is Kenji!!!

I loved being interviewed. I also hope to see other writers here as well. Hope ya'll have a nice day. To see my fanfic, Select the Link In my Signature.

I kinda forgot to tell charge to add the Link to his Interview, Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom