• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Charge's Paints of Zelda

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
These quick paints here were more tests of my skills with the tablet.

link_from_aol_by_firemariowii-d352qx3.jpg

link_from_alttp_by_firemariowii-d352qlc.jpg

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This time without reference! People criticized my last work as flat, and so I aimed to make something not as flat as the last piece, and so I ask you all kindly: How is this?

spirit_of_adventure__link_by_firemariowii-d360tmu.jpg

David

But you called me here...
Well, the landscape is much more 3D looking than past work has been. The different shades of green on the mountains look really nice and add to the depth of the piece. One thing I see that could be fixed is the grass. It looks a little too plain for my taste. To make it more realistic, it might be good to add some type of texture to it, like a few different colors. Just a suggestion, and its totally up to you. The tree looks great and the mountains look great. Link needs some work though. The sword is a little too small and his tunic looks like its only one color.

But anyway Charge. Great job. Much better than something I could have pumped out right now. Keep up the good work, and keep improving!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well, the landscape is much more 3D looking than past work has been. The different shades of green on the mountains look really nice and add to the depth of the piece. One thing I see that could be fixed is the grass. It looks a little too plain for my taste. To make it more realistic, it might be good to add some type of texture to it, like a few different colors. Just a suggestion, and its totally up to you. The tree looks great and the mountains look great. Link needs some work though. The sword is a little too small and his tunic looks like its only one color.

But anyway Charge. Great job. Much better than something I could have pumped out right now. Keep up the good work, and keep improving!

Thank you. I could've put more shade on that grass, and there is no excuse for that since I did texture for the tree. I could've made Link's sash bigger as well. I don't get what you mean by his tunic being one color though.

David

But you called me here...
Thank you. I could've put more shade on that grass, and there is no excuse for that since I did texture for the tree. I could've made Link's sash bigger as well. I don't get what you mean by his tunic being one color though.

What I mean by his tunic being one color is that usually shadows are naturally created by creases, and objects on the tunic. Having different shades on the tunic will both make it more natural looking and more dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom