• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
flexibility is an important attribute in facilitating harmonious social interactions

gotta wiggle

Scum generally avoid doing pro-town things, especially strongly pro-town things. They often feel a need to do some for camoflauging purposes. There are no flawless tells in mafia. If someone drove a lynch on a mafioso i wouldn't call that NAI on the basis that scum do things that are pro-town sometimes. Its true that the more pressure scum is under the more willing they are to take these kinds of gambits but thats not how i read minish's actions. I feel like she's been playing at the same cadence all game.

I also think its pretty easy to fake solving.
Well then we will agree to disagree. Mech talk is cheap and easy IMO. Solving can be easy if you do so superficially, but often players show a depth of thought while that is extremely difficult to fake as scum.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Scum generally avoid doing pro-town things, especially strongly pro-town things. They often feel a need to do some for camoflauging purposes. There are no flawless tells in mafia. If someone drove a lynch on a mafioso i wouldn't call that NAI on the basis that scum do things that are pro-town sometimes. Its true that the more pressure scum is under the more willing they are to take these kinds of gambits but thats not how i read minish's actions. I feel like she's been playing at the same cadence all game.

I also think its pretty easy to fake solving.

Your almost right on the money with the way I was taught to solve and the reason I caught Fext assuming the colors mean what we think.

I was taught to look at things and try to see if town would do them, especially the weird things that seem wrong or bad that everyone is focusing on

Can you find a reason town would do it? Is it helping town even if it seems weird?

I don't scum hunt. I town hunt I build a core of people I'm willing to die for and I limit the list of scum to those I don't trust than look at them and see if what they are doing makes sense for a townie.

It worked pretty well right? Until the core I'd die for started attacking each other

But assuming Min is town

My core throughout the game was

Ex Alana Seanzie Minish and Caps

Tell me how many was I right about

Princess Abigail

I found my town

It's why I didn't trust Raven or Rag they never hit that to me. But y'all were so focused on min and me trying to protect her I couldn't even engage in the other part of this theory for hunting which is trying to find out who out of Rag Raven DW is scum.

Because the thing I was taught is fight for your town core and so I spent all night doing that.

a'lana

cotton candy
Tf you started tunneling me and then when you changed your mind on me you seemed to suspect Sean so since when did you have a Rag DW raven PoE?
I found my town

It's why I didn't trust Raven or Rag they never hit that to me. But y'all were so focused on min and me trying to protect her I couldn't even engage in the other part of this theory for hunting which is trying to find out who out of Rag Raven DW is scum.

Because the thing I was taught is fight for your town core and so I spent all night doing that.

No cap this is what I want to see from KoD and he's quickly moving up my town reads but y'all about to kill him.
Your almost right on the money with the way I was taught to solve and the reason I caught Fext assuming the colors mean what we think.

I was taught to look at things and try to see if town would do them, especially the weird things that seem wrong or bad that everyone is focusing on

Can you find a reason town would do it? Is it helping town even if it seems weird?

I don't scum hunt. I town hunt I build a core of people I'm willing to die for and I limit the list of scum to those I don't trust than look at them and see if what they are doing makes sense for a townie.

It worked pretty well right? Until the core I'd die for started attacking each other

But assuming Min is town

My core throughout the game was

Ex Alana Seanzie Minish and Caps

Tell me how many was I right about
Easy to feel like you're always right when you ignore when you're wrong and don't listen to others.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i typically scumhunt by trying to construct a psychological profile for a person and seeing how faithful they are to that profile. I look for recurrent thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and themes in the things they say and I try to imagine an approximation of what their experience and perspective in the game is like. Unlike seanzie I think its trivial for scum players to construct a town perspective that they operate under. Anyone with a theory of mind should be able to do this, and a handful of games as scum and town should solidify it enough that it can't reasonably be read through by non-geniuses.

What i find most useful for seperating scum and town is that scum are often pressured to modify or act contradictory to the fake town perspective they've constructed in order to further the goals of their team. Their faketown might be inclined to townread a certain player, but they might be the counterwagon to a scumplayer, and so they need to come up with a reason to sucmread them, and this creates dissonance in their psychological narrative.

I don't know how effective this way of scumhunting is. I'm skeptical that scumhunting to any reasonable degree is possible in a mountainous setup, but its fun to try.

Princess Abigail

Tf you started tunneling me and then when you changed your mind on me you seemed to suspect Sean so since when did you have a Rag DW raven PoE?

I tunneled you because I trusted Minish and thought she was gonna get lynched for very bad reasons. I didn't do what I was supposed to that's on me.

Easy to feel like you're always right when you ignore when you're wrong and don't listen to others.

Tell me Seanzie

Did I fight for him. Did I hard defend him. Did anything I do regarding kod look like what I just did for Minish?

If not than I didn't lock him in my town core. I moved him up.

Princess Abigail

And if you're not locked in it's still easy for someone to convince me to murder you like Caps did

Ragnarokio

sorry if this is redunadnt but i'm struggling to grasp everything going on

why is minish cleared for hapi and why is hapi cleared for minish?

Princess Abigail

i typically scumhunt by trying to construct a psychological profile for a person and seeing how faithful they are to that profile. I look for recurrent thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and themes in the things they say and I try to imagine an approximation of what their experience and perspective in the game is like. Unlike seanzie I think its trivial for scum players to construct a town perspective that they operate under. Anyone with a theory of mind should be able to do this, and a handful of games as scum and town should solidify it enough that it can't reasonably be read through by non-geniuses.

What i find most useful for seperating scum and town is that scum are often pressured to modify or act contradictory to the fake town perspective they've constructed in order to further the goals of their team. Their faketown might be inclined to townread a certain player, but they might be the counterwagon to a scumplayer, and so they need to come up with a reason to sucmread them, and this creates dissonance in their psychological narrative.

I don't know how effective this way of scumhunting is. I'm skeptical that scumhunting to any reasonable degree is possible in a mountainous setup, but its fun to try.

That's a really cool way to play and I like it ^^

Princess Abigail

sorry if this is redunadnt but i'm struggling to grasp everything going on

why is minish cleared for hapi and why is hapi cleared for minish?

I believe that what she's doing is for the good of town and will never lynch her. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'm willing to be wrong.

She solved my enigma code and pretty much expressly told everyone my role and it's townie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom