• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
As for me being scum, why would I tinfoil a theory of "claimed" cop actually being scum faking a red check on his scumbud for towncred? That's dumb for scum to do when it will be proven if Cap flips or gets other correct results. So it just makes me look bad for no reason if I'm scum, or if you actually look at it from my perspective where I have town motivation then it makes a lot of sense. Because I know that cops in previous games have insane modifiers meaning that their results are backwards. So a cop getting a correct result looks extremely suspicious to town me, so despite how it looks I'm going to bring that up so that the rest of town knows about the past existence of insane modifiers and doesn't let Caps slide by if he is fake claiming cop.

And again, with the Buck. I explained the role and brought up the whole deal with roles being buckable/unbuckable. I said that I was pretty positive that mafia was unbuckable because that would just make it too easy to put them, and I wasn't sure but thought that some town roles might be unbuckable. I know of the existence of Drillsmiths in previous Chaos Mafia games who can check to see if players are buckable or not. Why would I as mafia, give info about mafia being unbuckable, and not being sure about town being unbuckable, if I'm mafia and know that there's the possibility that someone can find out if I'm buckable or not? Like once again I'm giving y'all all the info that I don't HAVE to which would be dumb to and just incriminate me if I'm scum. And the people who have played with me before know that I am much smarter than to do that.

a'lana

cotton candy
As for me being scum, why would I tinfoil a theory of "claimed" cop actually being scum faking a red check on his scumbud for towncred? That's dumb for scum to do when it will be proven if Cap flips or gets other correct results. So it just makes me look bad for no reason if I'm scum, or if you actually look at it from my perspective where I have town motivation then it makes a lot of sense. Because I know that cops in previous games have insane modifiers meaning that their results are backwards. So a cop getting a correct result looks extremely suspicious to town me, so despite how it looks I'm going to bring that up so that the rest of town knows about the past existence of insane modifiers and doesn't let Caps slide by if he is fake claiming cop.

And again, with the Buck. I explained the role and brought up the whole deal with roles being buckable/unbuckable. I said that I was pretty positive that mafia was unbuckable because that would just make it too easy to put them, and I wasn't sure but thought that some town roles might be unbuckable. I know of the existence of Drillsmiths in previous Chaos Mafia games who can check to see if players are buckable or not. Why would I as mafia, give info about mafia being unbuckable, and not being sure about town being unbuckable, if I'm mafia and know that there's the possibility that someone can find out if I'm buckable or not? Like once again I'm giving y'all all the info that I don't HAVE to which would be dumb to and just incriminate me if I'm scum. And the people who have played with me before know that I am much smarter than to do that.
I agree tinfoiling caps is actually dumb to as scum. Its possible you did this for qifom purposes but I will tell you that I dont think the fact you tinfoiled Capsfan is scum indicative for you. At most its nai

a'lana

cotton candy
....but what do insane modifiers have to do with Caps faking?

Saying you can't trust town!Caps's result is into still different from saying you can't trust town!Caps as a person.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@a'lana why did you set the timer to 10 seconds? why did you target minish?

hapi's role seems dreaming god-adjacent based on what she's softed although it also feels like she might just be reading way too far into what her role actually does and thinks she's responsible for a lot of things she isn't.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Is neon the bartender maybe? If neon can't say this can you maybe say this just for clarity?

She is not. She's claiming that she has received drinks and that's why she believes me after I asked for them.

Also is it possible to entirely get rid of a grenade? Rag seems to want to be targeted for a grenade

I have no clue. Grenade vendor was only introduced in the Chaos Mafia before this one and there wasn't a way to in that game afaik but that game was waaaaay different than this one and ended after like 13 pages. Lmao. I suspect that the grenade vendor role would be slightly tweaked if it's in this game, so it likely wouldn't work exactly the same but similar.

a'lana

cotton candy

hapi's role seems dreaming god-adjacent based on what she's softed although it also feels like she might just be reading way too far into what her role actually does and thinks she's responsible for a lot of things she isn't.
I targeted minish because they were the least clear to me, at night I got the grenade before day started they said I needed to give a name and time a SoD and I told myself I'd give it to Fext or Minish to use it as day vig because they were the least clear to me and thought that if I'd give it to no one its possible I'd auto die.

a'lana

cotton candy

I gave 10 seconds because I didn't want to give it to a mafia who could then potentially pass it to someone else and also because I thought giving less than 10 seconds could backfire on myself or something.

a'lana

cotton candy
I agree I think hapi softed like... Having multiple abilities? I am not tinfoiling her as scum anymore as she does seem to believe what she is saying whatever she is implying but think that's super OP if she really caused everything in this game.

a'lana

cotton candy
Ok. So Neon got a drink and thus knows bartender is in game and you seemed to softclaim a role that relies on a bartender?

Was the bartender-post neon quoted fluff or based on mech stuff?

She is not. She's claiming that she has received drinks and that's why she believes me after I asked for them.

I have no clue. Grenade vendor was only introduced in the Chaos Mafia before this one and there wasn't a way to in that game afaik but that game was waaaaay different than this one and ended after like 13 pages. Lmao. I suspect that the grenade vendor role would be slightly tweaked if it's in this game, so it likely wouldn't work exactly the same but similar.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
....but what do insane modifiers have to do with Caps faking?

Saying you can't trust town!Caps's result is into still different from saying you can't trust town!Caps as a person.

My whole tinfoil was that all the previous cop roles have had insane modifiers. So townies scan as scum and scum scan as townies. So Caps coming into the day and "claiming" as scum check on KoD that actually flipped as a scum check made me extremely suspicious that he was telling the truth about being the cop because from previous experience he should not have gotten a scum result and lynched scum from that. So I believed that he was possibly scumbuds with KoD and that they possibly had a role that allowed them to know what roles in the game were dead and knew the actual cop was dead, allowing Caps to fake claim and bus KoD to get people to believe he was confirmed town and he could ride that to the end and win.

I want to make it clear that I obviously don't believe this anymore. Lol. But this is what I thought at the time due to past Chaos Mafia experience.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
ex probably softed bartender earlier when he said that if i redirected numbers he would have expected there to be a ~1/12 chance of numbers hitting himself, implying that he gave numbers a drink. (i can't remember the exact odds he gave)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom