• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

I am not scumreading KoD.

I do think neutral reading can help it can help get rid of wrong reasons to suspect people for and can maybe prevent nislynched that would otherwise have gone through, I also think I gave reasoning for why KoD's behaviour wasn't scum indicative earlier on.

This is certainly not the impression I got as I read through your posts. From the way it looked, it seemed as if you were leaving me open ended in your view of me without hard committing to saying I'm scum given that "he hasn't done anything to [warrant] lynching," or some such stance.

Par for the course Rag looks like how she normally does for any particular D1. D2 will be more telling as to whether this is a scum Rag or town Rag (with town Rag being more solvy/interested in the game whereas scum Rag is more prone to flake out on the game).

While I expect the RP from Neon, for the most part, JD doing all the RP with them is certainly something new for me to see, and I'm not sure I like it. Whether or not he's literally trying to pocket Neon with simple RP makes me think they're not W/W with one another.

I haven't seen much content from Raven or Seanzie though Raven seems to be engaging lightly as opposed to just the vote from Seanzie on Neon. Both sit at a hard neutral for me.

Even with these next few pages I'm still sure of my feelings towards Fext and a'lana given the hedging I was seeing.

That said, it's noteworthy that a'lana has received a lot of attention (or at least her post did) wrt to the likes of Ex and DW debating over it.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
please KoD its hard enough to read your posts already

Hey, Seanzie, why do your posts towards/about Neon read like you're overly concerned about her singular vote on you?

Because this is the first time I've actually noticed posts of yours (must be the number of people in the game) and you're hard stuck, based on reaction alone, on Neon's treatment of you. Zooming out and looking at most of Neon's interactions, she's all over the place like she usually tends to be (maybe a bit more fluffy with the RPing, but eh). Her placing a vote on you, and you not getting desired responses (despite not being as -- memorable? -- in your posts is probably the biggest factor to how you're being treated too).

Essentially, are you OMGUSing over Neon's treatment of you? And if no, why such an intense reaction towards her so much so as scum reading her?

Seanzie, asking for such a backlog of information, from anyone, reads like trying to overload them all for a simple read from you. That's scummy.

That firmly moves you from neutral to scum territory for me.

a'lana

cotton candy
I can't find it but if you want I CAN send you my first Wolf game where I gave a **** and tried.

It's also my only wolf game where I tried. And my only real wolf game.
Why would you not try as wolf?

a'lana

cotton candy
Lol being hedgy is 100% NAI for me it's me trying to give takes while not having anything to actually be certain of but I guess you can't know

You seem to really think hedginess is a scumtell of you are also doing this off one thing to Fext.

I'm caught up through page 15. Still reading, but some general notes:

- Upon reading up on DW's posts before getting to my own where I eventually voted him, I get the feeling this is coming from a town mindset as opposed to a scum one. Granted I think his follow through on the reasoning is horrible, the desire to get to stuff of substance is, at the very least, telling.

Unvote

- a'lana's couple of posts, in particular where she states not seeing me doing anything worth lynching yet not being town, read as the kind of hedging I would expect from a scum player that is mincing words to keep their options open. So automatically I'm biased against this slot.

Vote: a'lana

And by biased I mean definitely voting here.

Fext

I'm tempted to call this scummy because it's in the same vein as a'lana. a'lana actually speaks of you the same way that you speak of me here with the whole, "I've seen them as town," blah blah iteration. Like, you hedge just like she does on me which makes me think you two are paired here.

Besides, a tad too many people have been nice enough to talk about me like I'm normal, and that doesn't sit right. No one is pocketing me this game.

I'll still be catching up as my time allows before deadline, but expect my vote to stay on a'lana as that hedging looks atrocious to me. Her or Fext honestly given that.

a'lana

cotton candy
Also are me and Fext interactions really teammate interactions when I shade him for town reading me lmao

a'lana

cotton candy
N
This is certainly not the impression I got as I read through your posts. From the way it looked, it seemed as if you were leaving me open ended in your view of me without hard committing to saying I'm scum given that "he hasn't done anything to [warrant] lynching," or some such stance.

Par for the course Rag looks like how she normally does for any particular D1. D2 will be more telling as to whether this is a scum Rag or town Rag (with town Rag being more solvy/interested in the game whereas scum Rag is more prone to flake out on the game).

While I expect the RP from Neon, for the most part, JD doing all the RP with them is certainly something new for me to see, and I'm not sure I like it. Whether or not he's literally trying to pocket Neon with simple RP makes me think they're not W/W with one another.

I haven't seen much content from Raven or Seanzie though Raven seems to be engaging lightly as opposed to just the vote from Seanzie on Neon. Both sit at a hard neutral for me.

Even with these next few pages I'm still sure of my feelings towards Fext and a'lana given the hedging I was seeing.

That said, it's noteworthy that a'lana has received a lot of attention (or at least her post did) wrt to the likes of Ex and DW debating over it.
Nah I was just not seeing the reasons to lynch you think your posts looked fine but I also didn't feel like giving you an easy townread for it

a'lana

cotton candy
Seanzie, asking for such a backlog of information, from anyone, reads like trying to overload them all for a simple read from you. That's scummy.

Are you familiar with Seanzie?

a'lana

cotton candy
@Hapi is instantly sussing people just for hedging normal for KoD? I think ExLight's suspicions on me made more sense and seemed less superficial than just 'they are hedging by defending me yet not calling me town so they are scum' tbh

Hey, Seanzie, why do your posts towards/about Neon read like you're overly concerned about her singular vote on you?

Because this is the first time I've actually noticed posts of yours (must be the number of people in the game) and you're hard stuck, based on reaction alone, on Neon's treatment of you. Zooming out and looking at most of Neon's interactions, she's all over the place like she usually tends to be (maybe a bit more fluffy with the RPing, but eh). Her placing a vote on you, and you not getting desired responses (despite not being as -- memorable? -- in your posts is probably the biggest factor to how you're being treated too).

Essentially, are you OMGUSing over Neon's treatment of you? And if no, why such an intense reaction towards her so much so as scum reading her?

It probably reads like I am concerned about her singular vote on me because I am concerned about her singular vote on me. It is the first thing of substance I actually remember from the game (see re:me being too tired to actually have stored anything except impressions from the first like 13 pages in my memory), and it heavily pinged me.

It is probably the first time you noticed posts of me because those were some of the first posts I made. The very first post I made (aside from a joke post where I said I wasn't going to post) was to call Hapi scum, and then most of my contributions have come from interacting with them around this read because their response to me was worth exploring IMO.

I'm not sure how I am OMGUSing since this all started with me stating a scum read on Hapi and Hapi voting me over it (well, to be fair, over not explaining it, but regardless). My vote on Hapi was then a response to trying to see if their approach to me was coming from a townie mindset or not, and in general I think it was not (I tried to get them to clarify if they were scumreading me or voting me out of some sort of policy reasoning, and they did not articulate one or the other. Their posts make me think they are not scumreading me, but them not saying they are policy voting me makes me wary that they are voting me, and their true reasons are not being articulated in the thread [e.g. possibly because they are a wolf and think I am a good target/think they can justify their vote on me to stay hidden], which is concerning). Knowing now of their relative lack of experience though has had a big impact on my read of them; them hedging about it being a scumread vs policy vote is probably more due to inexperience/general playstyle rather than due to a malicious attempt to delay the information given in order to allow for more possible future interpretations.

I have a personal philosophy that most scum players will tend to play safe. Hedging your bets in how you approach others in a game certainly pings as scummy. Personally I don't care if you think it is NAI for you, but given I'm the one fleshing a read out on you, I'll stick to how I'm perceiving what you're saying rather than, you know, allowing you to dictate how I should think about it.

There's an entire spectrum of how teammates will interact with one another. For all I know, that's exactly what's occurring between Fext and you. Could I be wrong? Sure. Do I think I'm wrong? Not on your life. You want to talk about superficial, well, that's exactly how it comes across with you responding to Fext there. Adding in the hedging wrt to me is just the cherry on top.

Also, yes, I have played with Seanzie before. He's not as aggro as he was in previous games.

KoD, trying to portray me (asking for someone to quote a post they're responding to or quote a post around where they're at in order to put their posts in context) as "asking for such a backlog" as if it is some huge burden to hit "reply" a single time reads like trying to take an opportunistic swipe at someone who is simply trying to understand how TheCapsFan's post makes any sense in the current gamestate (it did not, because the vital information of which posts they had/hadn't seen was missing from it). That's scummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom